Another Tennessee Escape - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #61

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
There were 3 on our trailer, still cost me $3300.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:01 PM   #62

Trailer: Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
There were 3 on our trailer, still cost me $3300.

Perhaps because you are farther away than Goshen, Indiana? I saw somewhere it's based on miles.
llfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #63

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I guess we will have to find out on Monday. If its 3000,we will have no choice but to go and get it
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I guess we will have to find out on Monday. If its 3000,we will have no choice but to go and get it
I just tried to call because the website said open on Saturdays between May and September, but they were closed.

I think Bob's costs may have been higher because he is farther away from Chilliwack than is Goshen, In. His profile said Massachusetts.

From the site:
The cost for delivery is calculated per mile and the rate is determined by how many trailers we are able to schedule at the same time.
But then, the site said they were open today, too...
Old 08-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #65

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I suspect she means the total delivery cost is the same per delivery, regardless of how many are on there (ie, total cost is $3000 Canadian). And if yours is the only on there then you bear the entire cost but if there are 2 or 3 on there then you split the cost
This makes sense. The carrier is essentially handling the load as one shipment to the furthest location, priced according to just the distance.

The cost of trucking like this is usually simply a fee per unit of distance times the trip length - such as $1/mile for 3000 miles is $3000. If you're on the other side of the continent, your cost will be accordingly higher. Share it with someone and your cost each might be the same as a shorter trip solo.

The trucker still needs to drive back. In some cases that means an extra charge for the unloaded part of the trip; in this case Escape's carrier takes a separate load of cargo from Indiana back to B.C., so I don't think that's a factor.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #66

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I believe that there is a set cost per trailer to Goshen as the truck is making a weekly trip there to pick up supplies. As to "home delivery," there is a discount depending on how many trailers are on the truck.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
I believe that there is a set cost per trailer to Goshen as the truck is making a weekly trip there to pick up supplies. As to "home delivery," there is a discount depending on how many trailers are on the truck.
Well, that would explain why so many different scenarios have come up. I intend to call Monday and get the straight of it.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #68

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
That still sounds odd. What if they only have one trailer to send east?
Old 08-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question. You mean just one trailer on just one truck? If so, poor guy pays the whole bill, or waits for another trailer going east.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #70

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Normally, Tammy has tried to "bunch" the trailers to the same part of the country. So, she would not put three trailers on, one going to New York, one going to New Mexico and one to North Carolina. It would work if you had one going to Ohio, one to South Carolina and one to Florida. To get the discount, you need to be flexible on delivery date to make this work. In our case, we got the price from Tammy and decided to "spend that money" on ourselves for the trip of a life time.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question. You mean just one trailer on just one truck? If so, poor guy pays the whole bill, or waits for another trailer going east.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:27 PM   #72

Trailer: 2016 21' - "Escapee"
I was told my cost for home delivery would be $1.50/mile if there was more than one trailer on the truck, and I think either $1.75 or $1.85/mile if mine was the only one. All prices in Canadian dollars.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #73

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
A new Escape trailer sitting in Chilliwack with your name on it? What a great excuse for a great trip. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
A new Escape trailer sitting in Chilliwack with your name on it? What a great excuse for a great trip. Loren
Agreed - except my spouse and some others in this thread who are expecting aren't retired, and we live in the southern USA! Bummer!
Old 08-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #75

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Even though I'm not retired, we will have to bite the bullet and make that drive if delivery is going to cost that much.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #76

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We're not retired either but being self employed I can cut my own hours and Cathy works weekend nights, so we can usually get away for several weeks at a time. Last year we drove from the KC metro area to Bellingham in 2 and 1/2 days and that was pushing it. Will have more time this year. It sounds like the orientation is only several hours and it isn't that long to get hooked up in Sumas, so that shouldn't take to much time. Loren
Old 08-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
For us it was the 5400 miles round trip that would be like a forced march. Not being retired that would have meant we had to drive at least 386 miles per day for 14 days of vacation. If you try to do it in 10 days that's a 540 miles per day. Add in fuel, hotels, food, wear & tear, and spending my vacation doing nothing but driving and not being able to enjoy much of the trip we decided on delivery. When I deducted all the cost for the trip plus spending our vacation doing nothing but driving, delivery was the way to go for us. Our vacation is worth too much to us at this point in life to have to knock of 500 miles a day. Once ours was delivered then we took a nice vacation trip and was able to enjoy the trip and new camper. If we were retired and could have spent 4-6 weeks on the trip it would have been a no brainer to go to ETI and meet everyone and see where it was built.

Besides the delivery process is fun too. Especially when someone on Fiberglass RV post they have seen a load of Escape trailers in Ontario crossing into the states and the other people you are sharing the trailer with are giving you up dates where theirs gets deliverd.

And that day it arrives to your driveway is pretty exciting too!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #78

And you get get to meet Dave!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #79

Tammy sending pictures of them loading at ETI heading out. It's all fun.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #80

You do have to give Escape credit to care enough and deliver them on a trailer. If you buy a Casita and have it delivered, it is towed to your location. Loren