Brand new senior trailer owners - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 2012 Spree Escape 19SB
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
I'm sure what Jim Bennett means is that most of the members on this forum own or have ordered an Escape Travel but you're welcome to chime in any time you want. Several of the members that have different trailers or models provide lots of useful tips and information. So...welcome!!

Thanks Jim for clearing up the recall thing for me. I now know why our dealer never heard of it. It sure did make me feel better about my little trailer.

Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
The major difference is that the fiberglass trailer is molded in two halves which are then fiberglassed together, while the KZ Spree starts with a flat frame to which additional side walls and a roof are added, and then the outside cladding. Those of us in the fiberglass world sometimes call the latter a "stick built" trailer, or a "stickie" for short.

Either way, congrats on your purchase and the start of your new adventures!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Well, I am getting an education in here....luv it.
It's nice to know the difference. I wonder who used the Escape name first...do you know? It makes it a little confusing to newbies. I know now why I have never seen an Escape before, I understand they are from the West coast & I am in Northern Ontario. They sure are pretty though. I am real happy with my sticky too....lol

Old 09-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
Well, I am getting an education in here....luv it.
It's nice to know the difference. I wonder who used the Escape name first...do you know? It makes it a little confusing to newbies. I know now why I have never seen an Escape before, I understand they are from the West coast & I am in Northern Ontario. They sure are pretty though. I am real happy with my sticky too....lol
The difference is that KZ has a model line called a Spree, and one of the models in that line is the Spree Escape. The "make" is not Escape, but KZ.

Escape Trailer Industries makes only Escape trailers, of which there are several sizes, the 17, the 19, the 21 and the 5.0 TA. The "make" is Escape.

The "Escape" trailer name has probably been used by more than one manufacturer over the years, since "Escaping" is kind of what you do with a trailer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 06:19 AM   #14

Thanks rbryan. You are a good teacher, and its nice of you to take the time to help out this Senior Gal....Grinnnn.