Calling All Experienced 17B Owners - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2019, 06:24 PM   #41

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I have the Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef's Convection Toaster Oven which I found by doing a search for "best toaster oven" and it is great. Is this the one you are referring to?
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-TOB.../dp/B01M0AWSJX
Just noticed this, and it may be the best option. (It was posted on my birthday, while I was celebrating on the beachfront with my family at Emerald Isle, NC. )

Another option looks promising, because it uses propane.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...MYASBFNR&psc=1
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #42

Thumbs up Thanks to ALL!!!

Thanks to all who helped me build the 17B, ETA October 16th! You are TERRIFIC, and I couldn't have done it without you! 🌻 🌻 🌻

(Made the deadline with about 20 minutes to spare )

Whew!
Ava
Old 07-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Thanks to all who helped me build the 17B, ETA October 16th! You are TERRIFIC, and I couldn't have done it without you! 🌻 🌻 🌻

(Made the deadline with about 20 minutes to spare )

Whew!
Ava
Congratulations! I am late to this party since I've been camping but my two dogs and I have used our 17B for approximately 250 nights in the last four years, many of them boon docking. I loaded it with lots of extras since I had no idea what I wanted or needed not having had a trailer before (other than my parents' motorhome as a kid).

I use all my options except one - I ended up buying a grill that I can't find parts to connect to the quick-connect propane so I have a small tank when I use it. I have the bunk bed option which works great for my needs and I have the outdoor shower which I thought would be for the dogs but I end up using it for myself a lot. If you have any questions later, feel free to contact me!
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:34 PM   #44

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
If you have any questions later, feel free to contact me!
Thanks, Nindy! Not to worry. You're out there having fun, and I'm looking forward to doing the same!

Now wondering just how much power my laptop is going to use up each day as I respond to emails and posts, plan the next trip, and research how to either fix or work around breakdowns. Going to have to get smart about a myriad of things that are well outside my current area of general knowledge. Should have paid more attention to the sciences and less to the arts. Ah, well, here's hoping that, whatever they say about teaching old dogs new tricks, I'll master enough to finally understand how everything in the electrical system works together to keep me going - battery, solar, inverter, etc. Don't want to burn out my battery before I've barely begun! And, of course, there's the plumbing. God forbid I neglect that!

One day at a time ….

Happy travels!
Ava
Old 08-01-2019, 03:59 AM   #45

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B
Having had my older 17B for 2 yrs with many months living/traveling in it... here’s my 2 cents worth. I like the idea of the the ‘U’ seating you propose. My trailer came with the custom single mattress for the front dinette/bed. It’s perfect! Comfy and still have table option. I’m 5’ 10.
Size is great for 1 person and easy to park, tow, and no WDH needed with my Jeep Cherokee.
Have fun.
Happycamper me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycamper me View Post
Having had my older 17B for 2 yrs with many months living/traveling in it... here’s my 2 cents worth. I like the idea of the the ‘U’ seating you propose. My trailer came with the custom single mattress for the front dinette/bed. It’s perfect! Comfy and still have table option. I’m 5’ 10.
Size is great for 1 person and easy to park, tow, and no WDH needed with my Jeep Cherokee.
Have fun.
Thanks! I decided to keep the 2-person dinette but will make it a semi-permanent bed with a mattress my back can tolerate.

Continued happy travels!