Casita owner wants more room - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17
Casita owner wants more room

Hello all and I hope you won't mind me browsing around here. My wife and I love our 17 foot Casita, but the side to side bed is about one inch too short for my height. The Escape 21 looks like a major improvement in that area so we are just starting our learning curve for Escapes. I enjoy the Casita forums and this feels quite similar. Friends helping friends.
Trumpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #2

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Trumpetguy,

We had a 17 Casita SD. Then we moved up, really moved up, with the Escape 19. Now we are waiting for our 21. As you said, the Casita bed is too short for you; beds in both the 19 and 21 will please you.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome, Trumpetguy, to our little Escape world. Have you looked here Home - Escape Owners Map
for any members near you or contact Escape Industries? They may be able to put you in touch with an owner and you can see first hand the quality. If you can wait, I believe there will be 6-7 Escapes attending a rally in Tennessee in April, including myself. See here http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...d-tn-2834.html
Old 01-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpetguy View Post
Hello all and I hope you won't mind me browsing around here. My wife and I love our 17 foot Casita, but the side to side bed is about one inch too short for my height. The Escape 21 looks like a major improvement in that area so we are just starting our learning curve for Escapes. I enjoy the Casita forums and this feels quite similar. Friends helping friends.
Welcome!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
We had a Casita 17 FD for 6 years and loved it. As you said the bed was about an inch to short. We stepped up to a 19' this year and absolutely love it. All the extra room is nice but the best thing is the queen size bed! It is really more comfortable then the bed in our house.

The tandem axle of the 19' makes for a more comfortable pull then our Casita. It just feels more firmly planted back there. We can feel that we are pushing a little more air going down the road then the Casita did but we just slowed down for 70 MPH to 65 MPH and actually gained 1 MPG even with the larger camper. Plus we get to enjoy a more relax ride and watch the world go by.

I can't say enough about how happy we are about the move up to our Escape. We made lots of memeries in the Casita but we will make lots more in the Escape and be a lot better rested when we do.

Like Jim said make a trip to Tennessee and attend the Eggscursion in April if you can wait and you will be able to see several and at least see a 19', 21', and a 5.0. We hope get a few more by then.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome. The more the merrier.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I did my research before going to the last Eggscursion. Just had to see if they were as good as the owners made them seem. I saw Jim's 19 (now 21'), went home and then: 2 weeks later had the tow vehicle purchased, another 10 days and ETI had my deposit. My 19' is completed and I leave to pick it up in 86 days. Read between the lines of this forum and you'll understand the passion of this company and their customers.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #8

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We live about a half hour away from Gulf Breeze and if you can wait until Early July you can come over and see our new 21'. Like you, the Casita/Scamp trailers were just too small for us - I'm 6'4" and my wife has a mild case of claustrophobia. We went with an EggCamper, which is 8" wider and has 4" more headroom than the C/Ss, but my wife and I still felt a bit "tight" in even the EggCamper and decided to move up to the Escape 21. We pick it up on June 3, then are taking about a month to return to Pensacola.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #9

Escape 21

Ray,

That would be terrific if we could have a look at your new 21. I will send you a PM with contact information and when you reply give me a phone or email. I will set a reminder to call you in June, or give me a call when you can.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Dittos here. 7 years and we felt the same need for more space. Lots of warm and fuzzy memories but it was definitely time for something bigger.

Imagine a world where two people can actually stand and pass inside! Imagine being able to stash everything in the trailer. No more plastic boxes full of food, clothes, etc in the car. Only drawback for us with the Escape, well me anyway because I have to do the "crawlover" at night, is the looonnnngggg drop down to the floor.

Go for it!

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
We have a Casita 17 and have traveled a great deal in the 6 years of ownership and loved it. But, last year we did a 101 nights in it and things changed. It got smaller somehow and then we saw an Escape 5.0 and that got me thinking. I took a tour of a 21 and and the first thought was "Perfect". We get ours in July and I can hardly wait. One more trip in the Casita in Feb to Florida and then we let it go. Good luck on your decision.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Yet another (former) Casita owner here. We bought our FD new and picked it up in Texas in 2005. We had a blast with it for almost 8 years, it was hard to let it go but somehow ours started to shrink too! We had looked at the 19, more storage, smaller bathroom, crawl over bed, hmmm. Saw the 21 at Bandon and, as John said - it was perfect (for us). Good luck on you're choice, bet the new 5.0 is going to be a beauty too! Escape makes a top quality product, don't think you can go wrong and we have definitely felt the same camaraderie here as on the Casita forums.

Happy Trails
Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #13

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
Dave shocked me last July in Bandon when he said he ordered a Escape 21. I never thought he would sell his Casita.
Chuck
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #14

I think if we make the move to Escape it will be to the 21 to get a bed that does not require the "crawl over". The 5th wheel looks nice but I don't want to give up my truck bed for the hitch. It will be a process for sure and one that may take some time.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic input.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Dave shocked me last July in Bandon when he said he ordered a Escape 21. I never thought he would sell his Casita.
Chuck
Shocked me too Chuck! I was speechless and those of you who know me also know that doesn't happen very often!
(Chatty) Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote