Checking in - purchased 2014 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Checking in - purchased 2014 19'

Just checking in to the site. Purchased a 2014 19' Escape this weekend. Have been fiberglass camper owners for a number of years but lost our much loved Casita camper to flooding during Hurricane Florence. Three feet of salt water inside did some serious damage to the unit and the insurance company totaled it. Sigh. Starting a new adventure with the Escape. Have admired Escapes during many fiberglass rallies over the last few years. Look forward to meeting some/many of you over the next few years. Jim & Barbara Pearson. Currently in Oriental NC but moving in a month to Wake Forest NC (away from another hurricane ... been through three).
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritacasita View Post
Just checking in to the site. Purchased a 2014 19' Escape this weekend. Have been fiberglass camper owners for a number of years but lost our much loved Casita camper to flooding during Hurricane Florence. Three feet of salt water inside did some serious damage to the unit and the insurance company totaled it. Sigh. Starting a new adventure with the Escape. Have admired Escapes during many fiberglass rallies over the last few years. Look forward to meeting some/many of you over the next few years. Jim & Barbara Pearson. Currently in Oriental NC but moving in a month to Wake Forest NC (away from another hurricane ... been through three).
Welcome! Do you look at my friend Keith's Towndock.net? They are in Oriental.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Yep, know Keith and Melinda well. Know them from town and my wife has worked with Keith on a couple of editorial projects.
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritacasita View Post
Yep, know Keith and Melinda well. Know them from town and my wife has worked with Keith on a couple of editorial projects.
Great people for sure...Keith and I are from the same home town....say hi for me!
Ian
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Welcome to the forum. There are many others here that have made the move from Casita to Escape. Their move was voluntary but I'm sure in no time at all you'll be very glad that the move to Escape happened, even if it did involve some unpleasantness.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you contact Escape Trailer Industries to register your trailer VIN with them. They are wonderful about contacting current owners if there are any issues that need to be addressed. For example, there were a very few earlier versions of the 19' had issues with the 3" frame showing stress cracks where the A frame joined the main frame. All 19' owners with 3" frames were contacted for a retrofit fix. I believe that they moved to a 4" frame with the 2014 model year and did not have any issues with the 4" frames. (it wouldn't hurt to check your frame size.)

Anyway, welcome to the forum and the Escape community!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you contact Escape Trailer Industries to register your trailer VIN with them. They are wonderful about contacting current owners if there are any issues that need to be addressed. For example, there were a very few earlier versions of the 19' had issues with the 3" frame showing stress cracks where the A frame joined the main frame. All 19' owners with 3" frames were contacted for a retrofit fix. I believe that they moved to a 4" frame with the 2014 model year and did not have any issues with the 4" frames. (it wouldn't hurt to check your frame size.)

Anyway, welcome to the forum and the Escape community!
Guess we were lucky with our 2013 . It has the 4 in frame . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:17 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Welcome and CONGRATS on your new home on wheels and sorry for the loss of your Casita. We moved up from our Casita to a 21' Escape, we had many fun adventures in our Matilda (Casita) but we love all the extra space Grover has (Escape) and not climbing over each other to get out of bed.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21'
Welcome from the Southeast

Welcome and Congrats. I'm also new to the forum and find so much information here.

I guess you got the E19 from Charlottesville. If so, good find.

Hope those hurricanes don't find you in your new location.
Nova Kool RFU6800
GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Welcome from the Midwest

We too moved from Casita to Escape very recently. Also being a Jr. Member, this forum has been a wonderful tutorial to learn and troubleshoot issues while experiencing the friendly nature & humor that these members offer.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Welcome to the forum and Escape community! I am so sorry for your loss on the Casita-that had to be tough! We towed one for the past five years and recently purchased a used Escape 21'. The kind and knowledgeable members of this forum have already helped us through several questions and you will find them an invaluable resource. Good luck with your move, too!
Treblemaker is online now   Reply With Quote