Chilliwack bound next week, new 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19'
Chilliwack bound next week, new 19'

We are finally close to heading to Chilliwack to pick up our new Escape 19' and go to the Escape Rally. We live in North Alabama but are currently at our daughters in Rochester, MN. We head to Casper, WY next Thursday to visit friends there before heading toward Chilliwack. We were in Alaska last summer with our Dodge dually and a truck camper and saw two Escapes, a 19' and a 5.0. We were very impressed with the quality and design as well as hearing nothing but rave reviews from the owners, both from Texas. After returning to Alabama in late August we sold the truck camper and after much debate made the decision to sell the 34' 5th wheel and the dually to make room for the Escape 19 and a new Silverado 1500. We are very excited to join the Escape family, participate in the rally, and then spend the remainder of the summer working our way home enjoying the Escape.
One question, any suggestions on getting from Casper, Wy to Chilliwack and avoiding I-5?

Thanks,

John & Connie Fezell
jcfezell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
The timing of your question couldn't be better! A Section of the I5 bridge in Monroe, WA was struck by a truck this week and now lies at the bottom of the Skagit river. You will HAVE to detour (at least at that point). I mapped your route and the alternative to I5 was to head northwest from Spokane, WA through the Cascades. DO IT!!! We pick up our new 19 next month and will immediately head for the "Cascade Loop." Google it. It's reported to be the most beautiful part of the state. You'll be in for quite a treat!
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi John and Connie, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new trailer. Lots of good times ahead. A bit smaller than you are used to, but still WAY big enough to take on any sort of RV camping.

Looking forward meeting you guys at the rally.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfezell View Post
We are finally close to heading to Chilliwack to pick up our new Escape 19' and go to the Escape Rally. We live in North Alabama but are currently at our daughters in Rochester, MN. We head to Casper, WY next Thursday to visit friends there before heading toward Chilliwack. We were in Alaska last summer with our Dodge dually and a truck camper and saw two Escapes, a 19' and a 5.0. We were very impressed with the quality and design as well as hearing nothing but rave reviews from the owners, both from Texas. After returning to Alabama in late August we sold the truck camper and after much debate made the decision to sell the 34' 5th wheel and the dually to make room for the Escape 19 and a new Silverado 1500. We are very excited to join the Escape family, participate in the rally, and then spend the remainder of the summer working our way home enjoying the Escape.
One question, any suggestions on getting from Casper, Wy to Chilliwack and avoiding I-5?

Thanks,

John & Connie Fezell
Go to www.distancesonline.com
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #5

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I mapped your route and the alternative to I5 was to head northwest from Spokane, WA through the Cascades. DO IT!!! We pick up our new 19 next month and will immediately head for the "Cascade Loop."
The Cascade Loop would be a great trip to take you to Chilliwack and the Escape factory.

Hard to predict just now what effect the I5 bridge failure will have on increased traffic at the Sumas border crossing using highway 9 in Washington State. But once you cross you are about 20 minutes from the factory. Any additional wait times at this small border crossing will be worth the drive through the Cascade Mountains. I would guess that most of the diverted I5 traffic would route back to the I5 north of the collapse and not continue north on 9 to the Sumas crossing.

You could also consider any of the border crossings from Idaho west into Canada and travel west through southern British Columbia. Northern Idaho is also a stunning trip. Disadvanage of this would be you would travel the same highway east from Chilliwack to Osoyoos, Hwy 3, for the Escape Rally unless you took the slightly longer route from Chilliwack up the Coquihalla Highway, 5, to Merritt and the connector, 97C, to Kelowna then south to Osoyoos, but still beautiful scenery.

Too many options, all beautiful to travel.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
We took the north cascade loop from Spokane last year on our way from St. Paul to Chilliwack. It was one of the highlights of our trip. beautiful scenery. Wish we could have spent a bit more time in Winthrop, Wa. which seems like a nice funky little town. I am trying to persuade Lindy that we should make the 2014 rally a priority, and spend more time in the cascades and the Canadian Rockies

Leon
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just be sure to drive the "Beartooth Highway" on your return trip. Beartooth Highway - Map
Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
What a fun website! Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
What a fun website! Thanks.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Here's a link from the Washington State Department of Transportation that lists/maps alternate routes around the Skagit River crossing on I5: WSDOT - I-5 Skagit River Bridge Detour Routes
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote