Considering a 19' Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 17' Casita
Considering a 19' Escape

Hi Everyone.
We are veteran Casita owners with a 2002 17' Spirit Deluxe. It may be time for a little larger rig but Casita has never offered anything bigger. Love the idea of small fiberglass rigs, so finding out "aboot" this Canadian option was a real surprise.

We will have no problem selling our Casita but I would like to identify who those three Escape owners are in the Dallas area. If we could see the quality of the build, that in itself would determine if we place an order.

We're not unhappy with the Casita and we like how they are built but we just need something a little larger for extended touring throughout North America.
OKCasitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hi OK,
We followed the same route you are thinking about and have had our 19 for about 2 ½ yrs. We are in San Antonio so if you ever get our way I would be glad to show you ours. Not sure who the Dallas area owners are.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Airstream shopping for Escape
Call ETI office and ask - they will if they can set you up to view a trailer near you,
Fiberglass Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #4

Trailer: No RV for now.
Welcome to the forum! You can find a wealth of info here from many happy Escape owners!
Old 09-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard. An Escape 19 would be a nice upgrade for you. Hopefully you will get a chance to check out a few of the models near you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #6

Trailer: 21' Escape
Hello
We have and 21' and are in Flower Mound which is fifteen minutes north of DFW Airport. We will be glad to show you our Escape just send us a pm through the forum and we can set something up.
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
We are not in Texas, so cannot assist you there. We just sold our Casita SD and have an Escape 19' on order. A visit to the ETI factory let us see that the Escape is built much like boats are built...waterproof where needed and water-resistant otherwise (yes, we are sailboat owners as well). For us, the Escape is the perfect next step in a trailer!
Enjoy your exploration of the Escape:-)
ROWDY II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #8

Rowdy, we are sailboat owners as well which is why the Casita appealed to us when shopping for a getaway trailer. The larger Escape will allow us to take extended trips throughout N.A. in the years to come.
The Casitas hold their value very well and I have heard Escapes will probably do the same.
Looking now at the 21. Just need to make sure the GMC Sierra 5.3L will do the job.
2003 GMC Sierra 5.3 L
Old 09-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCasitans View Post
Rowdy, we are sailboat owners as well which is why the Casita appealed to us when shopping for a getaway trailer. The larger Escape will allow us to take extended trips throughout N.A. in the years to come.
The Casitas hold their value very well and I have heard Escapes will probably do the same.
Looking now at the 21. Just need to make sure the GMC Sierra 5.3L will do the job.
Regardless of the rear axle ratio in your GMC, you should have almost twice the towing capacity that you will need. A good safety margin. All of the manufacturers are building their trucks to tow. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I also sold my 2010 Casita FD for an 2014 Escape 19. It was like moving from a studio apartment to a nice house. It feels like home. I had no hesitation and love my 2014 19. My Casita was my first fiberglass trailer and the year I had it it thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. My Escape is the next chapter in glass.

Good luck and enjoy camping often!

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Just need to make sure the GMC Sierra 5.3L will do the job.
Your Sierra is rated at 7400 lbs towing capacity with the 3.42:1 axle ratio, and 8400 lbs with the 3.72:1 ratio. Either would have no problem towing a fully loaded 21.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #12

Trailer: 2006 casita
Casitas

Seems like Casitas get you in the door and hooked on camping. Then you have to upgrade which i plan on doing next year with an escape. I had heard about Casitas re sale value but did not buy into it My casita sold within 24 hours of posting and got a couple grand less then I pay for it. I truly miss the Casita and ease of use. More importantly being on the road half the year for work, I have grown tired of hotels rude people. Hope it was okay to post this just saw two prior casita owners and thought I would share by view on the Casita and upgrading
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Seems like Casitas get you in the door and hooked on camping. Then you have to upgrade which i plan on doing next year with an escape. I had heard about Casitas re sale value but did not buy into it My casita sold within 24 hours of posting and got a couple grand less then I pay for it. I truly miss the Casita and ease of use. More importantly being on the road half the year for work, I have grown tired of hotels rude people. Hope it was okay to post this just saw two prior casita owners and thought I would share by view on the Casita and upgrading
Many here previously owned a Casita. My 21 actually tows much better than my 17LD did; although it is heavier I think the dual axles and the Andersen hitch make a huge difference in behavior.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #14

Yes, the Casita was responsible for getting us out on the road and away from working through our "vacations." It's a great little rig, especially for weekending. We have always been skeptical of larger trailers because of their lack of construction quality.
Now that we are looking at extended trips to far away states, the extra room in a quality unit really appeals to us. There was a rumor that Casita built a larger prototype than the 17, but it never went to market. Now's the time for us and thanks to ADONAI, we have the cash. The Escape will be our home away from home. Cannot wait to make that long joyful trip to Chilliwack!

I assume the published pricing info on the Escape site are Canadian Dollars?
2003 GMC Sierra 5.3 L
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #15

Trailer: 2006 casita
Good for you

i use to travel in my casita many many miles to fort worth to see my kid in fort worth. Use to see many casita in Ok and tx. No offense to you, but I am glad I no longer have to deal with the ok toll way and that god awful drive from big cabin Hopefully, our paths will cross when we get our escapes. Safe travels I think they post canada ( sorry for the spelling) money and us dollar on their website.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Yes, the Casita was responsible for getting us out on the road and away from working through our "vacations." It's a great little rig, especially for weekending. We have always been skeptical of larger trailers because of their lack of construction quality.
Now that we are looking at extended trips to far away states, the extra room in a quality unit really appeals to us. There was a rumor that Casita built a larger prototype than the 17, but it never went to market. Now's the time for us and thanks to ADONAI, we have the cash. The Escape will be our home away from home. Cannot wait to make that long joyful trip to Chilliwack!

I assume the published pricing info on the Escape site are Canadian Dollars?
Yes. Canadian dollars.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #17

Does anyone know what the absolute height measurement WITH air conditioner mounted on the Escape 21? We will be storing the rig in a shop.
I contacted Escape about the clearance but haven't heard.
Thanks,
Mark
2003 GMC Sierra 5.3 L
Old 09-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
It's about 8 1/2 ft. I just measured mine for clearance for a possible carport/shelter.

Most injuries injuries in old men occur because they think they are young men!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote