custom interiors - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
custom interiors

Hello,

I am entered under my husband Michael's name.
We are having our Escape 19 trailer made this year and are trying to pick out custom
fabric, possibly counters and flooring too. I was just wondering if people would mind displaying pictures of their custom interiors? I am very visual, and it would help so much to see what others have done. I see a lot of pictures of peoples trailers in progress, but not a lot of the actual finished products.

Thank you,
We are so looking forward to next June when we can pick up our trailer!

Jennifer Quirk
mquirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I wouldn't count on pictures to make decisions regarding colour.
How they appear depends on the light they were taken under, the camera settings used and your computer monitor.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Congrats Jennifer!

What you'll want to do is go to the Formica website and start looking at what all they offer there. You can get free samples and trust me, you'll want 'em. What you see on the computer won't look the same in person. I ordered multiple times before deciding on the one we wanted. Whenever possible, order the larger size of the samples, if they offer you a choice.

ETI will only install the Formica brand, so don't bother looking elsewhere. And there isn't any reason why you can't order multiple samples of the same one to see how it looks like it would as your actual countertop in the trailer. (yeah, did that with one that it turns out ETI wasn't willing to install (not Formica) - bummer, as I really liked it.) You tell ETI what you want and they order it for you (you don't have to pay for it, like you will for the flooring and fabric).

For flooring, start hitting flooring stores - the ones with far more samples in the store than just Lowe's/Home Depot and the like. I managed to get a sample of the flooring we wanted by writing to the mfgr and their local rep sent me a sample, which was great to have. It was large enough to stand on with both feet, so it was nice to feel how cushy it is.

You can also contact Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack for the flooring. I forget which brands they carry, but they have a large selection, so you shouldn't have any problems with them ordering it for you. You pay them directly for the flooring and they'll hold it until ETI picks it up from them.

For fabric - have fun! There's multiple places on line where you can get upholstery fabric. Many of them offer free samples. We ended up going with the Sunbrella brand, which is what many others have done. We went into a local upholstery store and were able to sit on a couch and chair with that brand of fabric, so we were able to see how soft it was (or rather much softer than we thought it would be for an indoor/outdoor type fabric).

When you get free fabric samples, they're gonna be small, so once you narrow it down you can always order a yard to see if you really like it. I was able to get a yard off ebay of what I thought would be my final decision. After seeing it as a large sample, I knew that's what I wanted. But, until I saw that larger piece, it was hard to be sure.

I got my fabric from Patio Lane and they matched the price from their ebay listing, which was a bit lower than off their web site. I also got free shipping and they had a coupon going, so I got even more off. I had the luxury of having it shipped here as I'm close enough to drive to ETI and hand it off to them. Others will have items like this shipped directly to ETI.

Have fun making your decisions!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Look through the "It's Friday" thread. There's countless photos of all the different things do in the way of different fabric, flooring and equipment.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
I also recommend looking through the It's Friday thread. I got so many great ideas from there.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Jennifer, since August I have been researching and going through the threads. Each time I finds shots of interior's related to the 5.0TA I have copied pictures to my hard drive so I can see different color combinations people have chosen, which has helped me a bunch.

As for Formica you can only order 5 samples at a time on their web site. I have about 20 samples already collected and ordered 3 more today. My plan is to decide on Formica color and let that be the color I build everything else from.

I may go with custom Formica and use ETI fabric and flooring or customize all 3, won't know for sure until I go to factory after they have a 5.0TA demo ready with samples in hand.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...sics-3244.html

Good Luck!
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Here's a photo (such that it is) of our inside.

Escape Trailer Owners Community - dfandrews's Album: 17A Final Build Photos - Picture

We used formica 58-3688 Madras Indian Slate counters, and told ETI to do black edging.
The fabric was Sunbrella 42066-0000 Jive Sparrow, which is a brown, variegated with black and grey threads.

We got samples from Sailrite of several upholstery fabric choices based on what was on their website
http://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Home...tem_popularity

We went to a Home Depot that carried Formica, looked through their little samples, picked some, then
ordered bigger samples.

We had discovered somewhere in the "wayback" on this forum that the wood paneling is from VIPCO industries, and is "Western Oak"
Finishes - Woods
We just printed out the screenshot from their website (lucked out: it happens to be pretty darn close!) {Bottom row, on the right}

The formica pattern was given to ETI on the build sheet; they procured it. We asked for and got the leftover extra. It was flat under our mattress when we picked up the trailer.

We ordered the fabric from Sailrite and had it shipped direct to ETI. ETI paid for the extra shipping and handling fee ($66) to Canada, and added it to our build sheet total.

That's everything I know. Good luck, and, It's all fun. Enjoy!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #8

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I may go with custom Formica and use ETI fabric and flooring or customize all 3, won't know for sure until I go to factory after they have a 5.0TA demo ready with samples in hand.
We took our samples up during one of our viewing trips to ETI. It really helped in visualizing how it'll all look when The Trailer is completed.

I seem to recall someone posting they got a sample of the cabinetry from ETI, but I never went that route, so I don't know if they can send you a small piece or not. I suspect they'll be able to as they must have little bits of it sitting around, waiting to get tossed or whatever. Just ask - they can tell you for sure.

It is nice to see your samples against the cabinetry for color comparison.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote