Ed and Marilyn from Kelowna BC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Ed and Marilyn from Kelowna BC

My name is Ed and my wife’s name is Marilyn and we live in BC about 3 hours from the factory. We have an Escape 19 on order after visiting the factory a little over a week ago.
We just completed a return trip cross Canada with our 2007 Zoom traditional style trailer and decided to upgrade to something that did not rely so much on silicon to keep the water out…and hold it together. As they go, it was a great trailer with aluminum studs on all 6 sides and a fiberglass type sheeting material for the skin. It is also only 7 feet wide which is big a plus to see around when towing and the body is within an inch in length of the Escape 19. From the trip we know this is the right layout and size for us as well as the size of the full time bed. Any bed narrower, like in the 17 and 21, just will not do.
Years ago I redid a Boler from the ground up, removing the egg from the frame and detailing both. Then re attaching the body, removing all the windows, disassembling each window frame, tinting the glass, polishing each part of the window frame and reassembling. Before putting the windows back in I sanded the egg and rolled on a few coats of tan rubber sun deck coating inside and out (without the little rubber traction bits). We had great times in that trailer camping with our young daughter and of course we should have never sold it.
I have been following the Escape line for a few years now being a BC resident and seeing their display unit on the side of the Hwy. However it was not until recently that I signed onto the forum. I did so as “Eggstatic” only to find out a few days later that this name was already being used on the other fiberglass forum. Wanting to have the same name on both forums and not wanting to cause any problems if “Eggstatic” wanted to join here, I decided on a name change to "Eggscape". Kind of surprised it was still available on both forums. (Moderators you can do away with “Eggstatic” for now in case that person from the other forum wants to join later…when they buy an Escape!
I have been reading lots of great content on the forum and will be incorporating many of the ideas into our new trailer. I also have a list of new things to do and install on a 19 so you can expect some posts in the modification section next summer.
Hope to be at the spring rally and see some of you there.
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome Ed and Marilyn! Congrats on your order.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:29 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome E&M,
Kelowna is where the NkMip CG acquires their delicious baked goods they sell in their cg store. I look forward to their goodies while at the rallies.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Yah!!! Another Canadian Escape egg owner coming up!!
Hope to meet you two at the rally.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome, and congrats on your ordering of one fine, fine trailer.

When is your completion date? Even if you don't have it by the time of the rally, you should pop down and check out what others have done with their trailers, so many good ideas.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote