Escape 19 vs 5.0 TA? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2015, 06:49 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
All: Thank you so much for the input. Now I'm even more unsure what to do. I like the flexibility of the 19 and the 5.0TA. I think I know what I will order, but that is gonna change. I have a bunch of other questions is and I will post it in an appropriate forum AFTER I see if it's already been asked and answered. I hope you stay tuned to Richard in Georgia
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 escape
Hello Jim,

We just joined and it looks like it will be some time as the window is closed for new orders. Off the bat I can see the 5.0TA 21 foot is the one I would be interested in. Just as you said I would want the bed separate and the extra living space. I would really like to see what you have come up with on modifications. It seems you have put a lot of effort and time in planning. I went on a RT trader site and didn't see one escape for sale. No wonder their holding the value. Have always wanted to spend several years traveling around our beautiful country before I get much older. Thanks in advance.
easytravelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytravelman View Post
I would really like to see what you have come up with on modifications.
As it will be another four months until I get my 5.0TA, then a couple weeks of work on it, it will be some time yet before anyone will get to see the resultants. Plus, I still have a few ideas I have to finalize, and some may not come until I have it in hand.

Your intended usage is pretty much what I have in mind too, and what plenty others here already do.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #24

So it sounds like your a very analytical about your decisions. I am sure you have looked at many 5th wheels and trailers. What caused you to finally decide to go with the Escape 5.0TA. When I look at the pictures on their website I would describe it as practical, nothing fancy or luxury. Also, seems there are quite a bit of options that need to be added to fill out the unit. When I looked a the options list I think I would probably order almost all of them amounting to almost $9,000. That would bringing the total to about $39k for a 21 foot 5th wheel. Your comments appreciated.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #25

I never even considered another fifth wheel, or really any other brand of trailer. After owning an Escape 19 for over 6 years, knowing the quality and value it had, and getting to know the owners quite well over that time, it was a no brainer. I had been pining over the 5.0TA since it's inception.

Don't forget, buying in your big US bucks gets you an even better deal .
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2016, 01:44 PM   #26

Yes, I sent Escape an email this morning asking them if I ordered now could I get the current pricing. Ans. Was no have to wait until release of 2017 schedule.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #27

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
We at first ordered a 19, but at the Niagara rally saw the 21 and 5.0ta. I absolutely loved the 5.0, looks, layout, everything. The wife loved it also, but the deciding factor was that my wife has some small balance issues and I could just see her falling down those three steps in the middle of the night, so we upgraded our order to the 21. If we were 10 years younger we would have went with the 5.0ta. With any escape that you chose, you can't go wrong.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #28

Jake,

Thank you for that. It appears everyone is so positive about this product and company. In an era were so many people are dissatisfied it's good to see such enthusiasm. Anxious to see a 5.0TA live.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
21 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
We at first ordered a 19, but at the Niagara rally saw the 21 and 5.0ta. I absolutely loved the 5.0, looks, layout, everything. The wife loved it also, but the deciding factor was that my wife has some small balance issues and I could just see her falling down those three steps in the middle of the night, so we upgraded our order to the 21. If we were 10 years younger we would have went with the 5.0ta. With any escape that you chose, you can't go wrong.
Hi Jake930
Glad to hear you were able to get an order in for a new Escape. I'm sure you'll enjoy it like the many others with a rig from Escape. You did not say when you will take delivery, keep us posted and we hope to see you again.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #30

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Hi, Iowa Dave, we have a completion date of October 16th. But but paid off all but a 1000.00 USD this last week. After watching the exchange rate for a few months, I figured Reese would have to up his price at some point so I went for it, took a guess in my head at how much USD would just about pay it off and sent a wire transfer. Came with in 1002.00 USD. Some times I do good. Will pay the rest by credit card, after we are sure we are done with the options. Hoping that if it is paid for I might get an earlier completion date if some one backs out.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Way to go, guys. With any luck, you might have your 21' in time for the next Niagara gathering. We traveled to get our 21' in November 2014 and had to dodge a little snowy weather. Hopefully you'll get yours home with some nice October weather, even coming across the northern states/southern provinces.
Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Bill
I am sensing that your tow vehicle might have changed?
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:21 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Very observant, Dave.
I just changed it this morning on the site.
I had high hopes for the Nissan Titan 5 liter Cummins, but when I saw it weighed in at 7500 lbs, and a preliminary test came in with fuel mileage in the teens, not towing, that took it out of the running. Honda Ridgeline is just now being released, and it won't be much stronger than the former one, although it looks great. Ford 3.5 liter Eco-boost is a race car, if you want that, but towing mileage is apparently pretty low. So, here I am with the 3-liter Eco-diesel, crew cab 4wd. First three tanks without towing have been 24, 25 and 28mpg. That's using a calculator and not the truck's computer--although it shows cumulative result on the truck's screen of 25 point something.
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #34

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
After watching the exchange rate for a few months, I figured Reese would have to up his price at some point so I went for it, took a guess in my head at how much USD would just about pay it off and sent a wire transfer. Hoping that if it is paid for I might get an earlier completion date if some one backs out.
Last week I got a notice from ETI that a few of the options I wanted had increased in price. U-shaped dinette went up to $400. I forget what the others were. But, once you turn in your build sheet they can't increase your prices, so that's another reason I'm trying to get ours figured out fairly soon, even though it's not due until the end of December.

I'm wondering the same thing about moving up the queue. And I'm also wondering if everyone will get bumped up when they were their new building up and running. Fingers crossed mentally!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #35

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytravelman View Post
(snip) Also, seems there are quite a bit of options that need to be added to fill out the unit. When I looked a the options list I think I would probably order almost all of them amounting to almost $9,000. That would bringing the total to about $39k for a 21 foot 5th wheel. Your comments appreciated.
What you should do is look at the build sheets that others have posted. It's a great way to find items that aren't listed on their site as options.

For example, we're getting the stove rotated, which will cost an additional $50 but I think will be worth it.

Additional cabinet on top of the drawer stack (21' trailer) for $350 - yeah, pricey but I really want it - we're not going with the storage cubbies as neither of us like the looks of 'em.

Reinforced walls at $100 each wall (total of 3)

Filler boards for u-shaped dinette - $100 each

Additional door on bed platform - $75

Additional light switches by door - $35 each

None of these are listed as options at their website and yet they're willing to do them for their customers.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:43 AM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Doing some math calculations here Reace raising his prices when the Canadian money is declining , is just trying to keep up . I don't think he is raising his prices by 31% . Patand Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 11:52 AM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I expect that all of the systems ( fridge, furnace, stove, water heater, etc. etc. ) are imported from the US and are priced in US dollars.
I don't think ETI would have any choice, but to raise prices to cover increased costs.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #38

They have to be careful not to out price the Canadian market too.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Doing some math calculations here Reace raising his prices when the Canadian money is declining , is just trying to keep up . I don't think he is raising his prices by 31% . Patand Linda
The drop in the Canadian dollar relative to the American dollar has no impact on labour, materials and services originating in Canada (our dollar is still worth a dollar in Canada). The impact of the weak Canadian dollar relative to ETI's business relates to goods that Reace brings in from USA or other countries to use in building his trailers. Anything bought in the USA is now more expensive and would require either raising his prices accordingly, or switching to a domestic product.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
The drop in the Canadian dollar relative to the American dollar has no impact on labour, materials and services originating in Canada (our dollar is still worth a dollar in Canada). The impact of the weak Canadian dollar relative to ETI's business relates to goods that Reace brings in from USA or other countries to use in building his trailers. Anything bought in the USA is now more expensive and would require either raising his prices accordingly, or switching to a domestic product.
That is what I was trying to say . If Reace doesn't raise his prices to make up for the increase in purchasing goods for his trailer , doesn't he start losing on his side ? All this has to be factored in your price of making your trailers . Right ? Cost of doing business ? We just think this situation is going to come around and effect us too eventually . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote