Escape 5.0 TA wannabe! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2016, 11:36 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5TA wannabe!
Escape 5.0 TA wannabe!

Hello everyone! Just got back to Comox on Vancouver Island from Chilliwack after viewing the Escape 5.0 TA. My wife and I think this unit will be perfect for our needs. I have towed many different trailers before but NEVER a fifth wheel. Our Nissan Titan Pro 4x sits higher...just wondering if this is a issue? Our current trailer is, believe it or not, a Leesurelite! This wll be a big step up for us and we have hesitated buying a new camping unit due to the lack of quality...everyone out here on the rainy west coast we know seems to have huge water leak issues. The Escape quality impressed us!
Michael D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
The Escape quality impressed us!
As well it should. Welcome! Heading out camping tomorrow in the rainy and windy PNW and not worried a bit about leaks.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #3

Very rainy here at the moment Karen! Just out of curiosity, do you tarp your trailer in the winter?
Old 01-27-2016, 11:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
No, I keep it in under covered and enclosed storage at Pantec here in Bellingham. Expensive, yes. But I don't worry about it whatsoever when it's out there.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:58 PM   #5

Good plan to keep it sheltered! Keep dry and enjoy the outing tomorrow...
Old 01-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You don't want to use a tarp as a cover because it will abrade the gel coat. Some owners opt for covers made from breathable fitted fabric ( about $600 for quality ).
I choose to cover my trailer in a quality wax.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:29 AM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
(snip) Our current trailer is, believe it or not, a Leesurelite! This wll be a big step up for us and we have hesitated buying a new camping unit due to the lack of quality...everyone out here on the rainy west coast we know seems to have huge water leak issues. The Escape quality impressed us!
Holy Cow! I just looked up that company name and yeah, not kidding, will be a big step up!

I still remember how impressed we were when we started viewing owner's trailers here in the Seattle area. For awhile we were going to get the 5.0TA, but we switched to the 21' after realizing it would work better for our needs.

You'll be very pleased with your choice and I can say that before we even own ours! Have fun reading this forum and learning more about your decision.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:18 AM   #8

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
The bed height shouldn't be an issue, they've put them on F350 4x4's. When you order they ask for the top of the box height (top of the bed side), my F150 is 56" and ETI set the trailer to it's middle suspension height if you want to compare it to yours. If you're more then a couple inches higher then that you may want to run it by ETI.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You don't want to use a tarp as a cover because it will abrade the gel coat. Some owners opt for covers made from breathable fitted fabric ( about $600 for quality ).
I choose to cover my trailer in a quality wax.
Not necessarily bad to cover a trailer. Use an RV cover if you do. My cover has been used for 5 months/yr for past three years in our Edmonton winters with no abrasion. Make sure your trailer is spotlessly clean before covering (waxing helps). Also helps to park it in a relatively sheltered area where it does not experience gale force winds. My $200 cover is holding up very well and is in nearly same condition as when it was purchased.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 AM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA #9
I'm in Comox, and we own a TA.
PM me and I'll tell you more.
sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Escape 5.0 TA wannabe!

We cover our Escape 21 because unlike our stick built trailer, you can't walk on the roof of it to clean all the green growth we have on the north side of our house where we store it. Even applying wax to the roof requires extensions for me as I stretch to reach the middle areas. If we had an Escape 17 it would be easier. We don't have much wind to deal with, especially on our sheltered north side. There are dozens of trailers within a mile of our home (including 2 other Escapes) and all but a few are covered over the winter. We got out cover for just over $200 and if it lasts the length of its warranty it will have been worth it. Oh, and our cover drapes over the tires, protecting them from UV damage. We live in Surrey, with all the typical wet PNW weather.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

Thanks for the encouragement! The Leesurelite was towable with my little car....which I traded in for a large truck...and now a larger camping unit!
Old 01-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #13

Thanks Bob. That is reassuring!
Old 01-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Hello everyone! Just got back to Comox on Vancouver Island from Chilliwack after viewing the Escape 5.0 TA. My wife and I think this unit will be perfect for our needs. I have towed many different trailers before but NEVER a fifth wheel. Our Nissan Titan Pro 4x sits higher...just wondering if this is a issue? Our current trailer is, believe it or not, a Leesurelite! This wll be a big step up for us and we have hesitated buying a new camping unit due to the lack of quality...everyone out here on the rainy west coast we know seems to have huge water leak issues. The Escape quality impressed us!
This one is still at the factory, and for sale:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...tml#post125856