Escape Owner Wanna Be - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Trailmanor
Question Escape Owner Wanna Be

Hi. My husband and I currently own a TrailManor hard-sided pop-up and love it, however, we are getting along in years and thinking about a change. Have seen the Escape from the outside and looked at the website and are interested. Does anyone know if any of these trailers can be re-configured for a 'walk around' bed? Thanks!
cantie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
That might be asking a lot from a fibreglass rv... but if you have a look at the new 21 ft , you will see 2 sided access . Having been in the new one , I would say very comfortable access , really nice space , with none of the set up issue of a pop- up type . A beautiful space , really worth looking at .
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantie View Post
Hi. My husband and I currently own a TrailManor hard-sided pop-up and love it, however, we are getting along in years and thinking about a change. Have seen the Escape from the outside and looked at the website and are interested. Does anyone know if any of these trailers can be re-configured for a 'walk around' bed? Thanks!
Hi: cantie... Can't say for sure. Sounds like a ? for the master builder himself. Call Escape 604 703 1650 and ask Reace or Tammy. They can/will do a lot of custom work. Welcome to the forum. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our Escape world, Cantie,
As was posted, Escape's newest model, 21' has the closest to a walk around. If you contact the factory they can put you in touch with someone that may have an Escape in your area to inspect. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
That might be asking a lot from a fibreglass rv... but if you have a look at the new 21 ft , you will see 2 sided access . Having been in the new one , I would say very comfortable access , really nice space , with none of the set up issue of a pop- up type . A beautiful space , really worth looking at .
Thanks Jim. Hard to tell what it will look like as the pictures I saw were all in the building process.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #6

Thanks Alf. Will call once we have cell reception - live in CA and want to get up to BC to see the factory sometime soon!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here is a thread with more current finished product:http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...otos-2379.html
Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Thanks GABack - you are correct, it's the set-up (especiall when it is raining!) that is getting to us. Also, having to climb over one another for our nightly commutes!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
We moved up from a Lees-ure Lite tent trailer to the Escape 19 - chose the 19 because of the queen bed, but do admit that a walk around would be really nice.

Here's another alternative if you want to keep the size of your unit down.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...r-17b-928.html
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Here is a thread with more current finished product:http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...otos-2379.html
Thanks Jim!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
We moved up from a Lees-ure Lite tent trailer to the Escape 19 - chose the 19 because of the queen bed, but do admit that a walk around would be really nice.

Here's another alternative if you want to keep the size of your unit down.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...r-17b-928.html
Interesting idea. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
That was a huge jump! We were actually looking at the Lee-sure-lite as a camper to pull behind our small Mazda sedan. We changed our mind and ordered an Escape 19 and of course we now need a new tow vehicle.
Jrn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #13

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrn56 View Post
That was a huge jump! We were actually looking at the Lee-sure-lite as a camper to pull behind our small Mazda sedan. We changed our mind and ordered an Escape 19 and of course we now need a new tow vehicle.
Ha ha ha!
We towed the Lees-ure Lite with the motorcycle and often nurtured a fantasy of buying a a long bed truck that we could carry the motorcycle in while we towed a waterproof queen sized bed that just might come with a real bathroom. Less than 18 months later, here we are. Isn't life grand!
Congratulations on your Escape 19 - you'll love it - it feels like a mansion in comparison to the Lees-ure Lite!
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I once saw a guy show up at a campsite with no trailer but I guess he had a tent. Had a full-sized refrigerator in his pick-up.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #15

Trailer: 2012 15A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
I once saw a guy show up at a campsite with no trailer but I guess he had a tent. Had a full-sized refrigerator in his pick-up.
Went fishing and tent camping once in a truck with a portable 12 volt fridge in the back seat. Went for a wade down the river fly fishing and when we got back to our remote camp site a few hours later the battery was dead. I guess we should have turned off the fridge when the vehicle was not running!

Fortunately for us the only other fisherman there found a set of jumper cables in his truck to give us a boost. If he was not there it would have been a very, very long walk back to civilization! Lesson learned.
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote