Escape wannabe but undecided re 19 vs 21 - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2016, 06:30 AM   #81

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Thank you Jim
I will enquire, on a related note would anyone consider an induction cooktop insert instead of a propane burner? We have a portable induction cooktop that we take with us in our tent trailer and really like its quick heating and the control for simmering.
Barry
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:45 AM   #82
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
When I was having my trailer built, I asked for the stove propane line to be installed and capped, but not install the stove. ETI wouldn't do it. If the propane is installed, so must be the stove.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #83

Thank you Donna, so I guess if we ask ETI to install an induction cooktop it would be a full replacement for the gas cooktop. That might be ok, perhaps we would also not install the range hood but instead have an openable window over the sink and an upgraded Maxx fan.

Any Escape owners install induction cook tops?

Best regards,
Barry
Old 02-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #84

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
They are not allowed to put in gas lines that are not hooked up.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Thank you Donna, so I guess if we ask ETI to install an induction cooktop it would be a full replacement for the gas cooktop. That might be ok, perhaps we would also not install the range hood but instead have an openable window over the sink and an upgraded Maxx fan.

Any Escape owners install induction cook tops?

Best regards,
Barry
Hi Barry,

We like having the propane cooktop for those times when we don't have hookups (actually we have the oven/cooktop). We cook outside a lot but with the 21 we are out for longer trips and the weather doesn't always cooperate. That being said we sometimes take our Nuwave portable induction cooktop with us. Works great - best of both worlds!

Kathie
PS Love our 21!!
Attached Thumbnails
Nuwave.jpeg  
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #86

So is the Nuwave 120V?

I guess cookware has to be bought also. Probably only in sets?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #87

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
A lot of stainless steel cookware can be use on the induction cook top, you have to check with the manufacturer of the both the cookware and/or cooktop,
Old 02-21-2016, 06:03 PM   #88

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Have induction cooktop at home. Generally if a magnet will stick the pan will work. With new pans the box will be labeled as to induction suitable or not.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #89

Yes the Nuwave is 110/120 V. Several manufacturers make a portable Induction burner but as Kathie points out they need electricity. I understand that they won't run off most inverters. So if you are without hookups propane is a back up.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #90

Quote:
Yes the Nuwave is 110/120 V. Several manufacturers make a portable Induction burner but as Kathie points out they need electricity. I understand that they won't run off most inverters. So if you are without hookups propane is a back up.
Thank you. I saw that that one above uses over 10 amps so too much for boondocking. Maybe there are smaller ones that use fewer amps.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #91

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is a reason we have campfires and outdoor propane stoves.....BTW, I hear cast iron will work on induction stoves....
Old 02-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #92

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I will enquire, on a related note would anyone consider an induction cooktop insert instead of a propane burner? We have a portable induction cooktop that we take with us in our tent trailer and really like its quick heating and the control for simmering.
I like using an induction cooker, too, for similar reasons. That's what I use in the RV when on shore power, and I suppose if I were running the generator anyway for another purpose I would use it then, too.

Quote:
... I guess if we ask ETI to install an induction cooktop it would be a full replacement for the gas cooktop. That might be ok, perhaps we would also not install the range hood but instead have an openable window over the sink and an upgraded Maxx fan.
I agree - it seems to be all-or-nothing on the propane cooktop. You could still install a propane cooktop later if you wanted. ETI won't leave an unused propane line, but you can always tee into the propane plumbing as required. I have considered a portable propane stove, plugged into a quick-connect on the counter when required inside - ETI won't install that, but again it could be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
A lot of stainless steel cookware can be use on the induction cook top, you have to check with the manufacturer of the both the cookware and/or cooktop,
Or just check the cookware itself. The magnet test really is valid. Cast iron will generally work. There are some aluminum pots and pans with a steel plate in the base either to control heat distribution or for induction compatibility.

Quote:
Several manufacturers make a portable Induction burner but as Kathie points out they need electricity. I understand that they won't run off most inverters.
Perhaps the induction cooker electronics are not happy with the 'modified sine wave' output of many inverters, but there's no reason they wouldn't work fine with a sine wave output inverter of sufficient capacity. I think the real problem with running from an inverter is with battery capacity - it's like running a microwave oven, but even worse because an induction cooker is typically run for a longer period.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #93

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I like propane. You can smell it if you have a leak.
Electricity scares me.