Escape Wannabe from Ontario - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Trailer: shopping....
Posts: 18
Smile Escape Wannabe from Ontario

Hi, DH and I are considering an Escape 19', after attending the RV show in Toronto and being disappointed with the layouts and quality of the products.

This is what I love about the Escape 19'

7' width makes it more aerodynamic, allows towing with a smaller vehicle and probably better gas mileage
GVWR 4000 lbs, allows towing with a smaller vehicle
customization so we get exactly what we want
60 x 80 queen bed. I hope this is real! My husband is 6'3" and his feet hung over beds that the salespeople insisted were 80" long. I will post in a separate thread for people to confirm that this measurement is accurate.
Great resale values.
Made in Canada!
Support for small business.

I can't wait to see the changes for the 2017 models.
I just have to convince my husband that we should invest in an Escape that we will love instead of compromising on a model that will be just good enough. We are visiting Vancouver in May and will make a trip to Chilliwack to check out the factory...and hopefully make a deposit and get down to selecting options!

Cheers,
Sandy
__________________

missantarctica5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by missantarctica5 View Post
Hi, DH and I are considering an Escape 19', after attending the RV show in Toronto and being disappointed with the layouts and quality of the products.

This is what I love about the Escape 19'

7' width makes it more aerodynamic, allows towing with a smaller vehicle and probably better gas mileage
GVWR 4000 lbs, allows towing with a smaller vehicle
customization so we get exactly what we want
60 x 80 queen bed. I hope this is real! My husband is 6'3" and his feet hung over beds that the salespeople insisted were 80" long. I will post in a separate thread for people to confirm that this measurement is accurate.
Great resale values.
Made in Canada!
Support for small business.

I can't wait to see the changes for the 2017 models.
I just have to convince my husband that we should invest in an Escape that we will love instead of compromising on a model that will be just good enough. We are visiting Vancouver in May and will make a trip to Chilliwack to check out the factory...and hopefully make a deposit and get down to selecting options!

Cheers,
Sandy
Hi: missantartica5... You won't be disappointed!!! We have had 2 Escapes, since 2008 a 5.0 and now a 5.0TA. Yes the mattress' are 60X80 Queens... except in the 21' and 17'. If you can make it down you would be most welcome at the Niagara Wine Escape rally Sept 16-18 th. There you can view every size Escape now available. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Trailer: shopping....
Posts: 18
Thanks so much again, Alf!
I will mark the Niagara Wine Escape on my calendar. We won't have a trailer yet, but it would be a wonderful opportunity to see the Escapes!
Cheers,
Sandy
missantarctica5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by missantarctica5 View Post
Thanks so much again, Alf!
I will mark the Niagara Wine Escape on my calendar. We won't have a trailer yet, but it would be a wonderful opportunity to see the Escapes!
Cheers,
Sandy
Hi: missantartica5...You're welcome. You will no doubt get to see some at the factory... but at Niagara Wine Escape you can collect all the scoop from actual owners. There's a quaint little Motel at the Riverside just in front of the campground. It's great for folks on the hunt for an Escape. Alf
Riverside Park Campground and Motel Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011 19' Escape.jpg (97.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg almost done!!!.jpg (118.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Escape row.jpg (112.0 KB, 44 views)
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BCnomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: O town, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Posts: 1,327
Hi Sandy.

If your time time table allows, the Osoyoos BC rally would be worth your family's time as well. End of May.


And welcome.
__________________
When you look for advice, make sure it's from someone towing your trailer, in your backyard, with the same expectations
BCnomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Trailer: shopping....
Posts: 18
Hi Bruce, thanks for the friendly welcome and for letting me know about the Osoyoos ralley! We fly home from YVR early on May 28, so may be able to fit it in at the end of our vacation.

Cheers,
Sandy
missantarctica5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iowa Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Eastern Iowa, Iowa
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Posts: 2,384
We really like our 19. It's the one in the upper left hand corner of Alf's #3 photo with the screen room. We know the Eacapes seem pricey. My motto
"Would you fly to the moon on the low bid aircraft? A local department store owner used to have the slogan ;
"Where quality is economy".
Hit a couple of rallies and live the old Packard motto " Ask the man who drives one"
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Hi Sandy, Welcome to the site.

You have made some wise decisions, and based them on looking at other models. Trust me, you will not be disappointed with an Escape 19. And yes, it is a full queen bed, 60x80 inches.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Trailer: shopping....
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
We really like our 19. It's the one in the upper left hand corner of Alf's #3 photo with the screen room. We know the Eacapes seem pricey. My motto
"Would you fly to the moon on the low bid aircraft? A local department store owner used to have the slogan ;
"Where quality is economy".
Hit a couple of rallies and live the old Packard motto " Ask the man who drives one"
Dave
Hi Dave,
Good advice! But I couldn't even get my husband to fly to the moon at Disney World... A screen room is a great idea!
We do usually end up buying quality, but sometimes it takes time to get there. I have to be able to demonstrate that the Escape is worth the extra cost. It will help that at 4000 lbs, I can tow the 19' with my current vehicle. It also helps that I can't find any complaints when I search online. I am looking forward to seeing some Escapes in person.

Cheers,
Sandy
missantarctica5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
Trailer: shopping....
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Hi Sandy, Welcome to the site.

You have made some wise decisions, and based them on looking at other models. Trust me, you will not be disappointed with an Escape 19. And yes, it is a full queen bed, 60x80 inches.
Thank you Jim! for the welcome, the confirmation of bed size and the affirmation of Escape 19. I'm so happy I joined this forum instead of just endlessly poring over the website!

Cheers,
Sandy
__________________

missantarctica5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
new member

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.