First Time Trailer - Counseling Session Needed - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicia View Post
I called Tammy to verify this and was assured that 50 psi is correct but I see that your check list says 60-65 psi. I’m just wondering why you have decided on the higher pressure.

My replacement tires are load range D ( 65 psi ). Yours are load range C, if original. That's why I said to copy and paste and then edit. Lots of changes to the trailers over 10 years.
I'm not recommending replacing with load range D because it likely results in a harsher ride.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:46 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Lots of really good advice here that may be overwhelming you, just remember everyone you've seen driving a trailer had this same experience so lots of success out there. In other words not as hard as it seems with a little practice, go at your pace no one else's, first few trips out make sure you have a plan, the how to list of things is highly recommended, and most of all when backing up if your not sure as suggested just get out and look.
I've been pulling trailers off and on for 40 years, many of those boats, with a travel trailer when backing harder to see around and I camp by myself about 1/2 the time so I get out a lot just to be sure, better safe then sorry.

Enjoy the journey, I know you will

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:34 AM   #43

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You can copy and paste to save key-strokes, then edit and laminate. Drive Away Checklist
Thanks so much for the checklist! I think I'm going to make several copies for my first few trips in addition to laminating it for continual use after. Crossing off each task immediately after I've done it will help keep me focused in the beginning, and should I get rattled or distracted (a distinct possibility), I can just pick up after the item last crossed off.

So much to remember in the beginning! I'm trying to absorb everything I can before picking up my 17B in mid-October, and the kind of information I'm receiving here on this forum from knowledgeable folks like you is invaluable!

brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I for renting the U-Haul. My first experience, I was 26, rented a U-haul to move myself to Oregon, and first off couldn't back it down my parents' drive to the lower level so had to carry all my stuff up from the daylight basement. Then got to my sister's and had to have someone else turn it around so I could leave. I lucked out with my boat, though, the next towing experience, because the lake had a huge wide ramp (think 20 boats launching side by side) so I would just make a big inverted U on the ramp, end up facing up the ramp and then backing down. Gradually I learned to back. But though you may have pull throughs you won't find 20-trailer wide back in spots! So going to an empty parking lot with a U-haul is a great idea.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote