First Visit to ETI - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Completion July 2017
First Visit to ETI

My wife and I visited ETI today and met with Krista, we where impressed with the no pressure sales and friendly attitude. We spent an hour looking at the 21, checked out the 19 and went back to the 21. Krista was great at answering all our questions, at the end of the day we where convinced that this was the one for us and have a completion date of August 18, 2017. 😬
We just went to look, not buy but when it's right !!!!

Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun&Sun View Post
My wife and I visited ETI today and met with Krista, we where impressed with the no pressure sales and friendly attitude. We spent an hour looking at the 21, checked out the 19 and went back to the 21. Krista was great at answering all our questions, at the end of the day we where convinced that this was the one for us and have a completion date of August 18, 2017. 😬
Congrats! Welcome to the club.

stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 21' Completion July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Congrats! Welcome to the club.
Thanks Stephen, look forward to the adventure.
Fun&Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21 currently pulled by a 2014 Chevy Traverse
Quote:
Welcome to the Forum and the Escape family. My wife and I looked at stick builds and several fiberglass models for several years and then looked at an Escape 21 my wife and I were sold just like you we wait and joined the fray on the 1st of April to place an order due in February. Pick up will probably be in April or May, hopefully in time for the Escape Rally. Your build sheet is the next thing to work on and alot of fun and frustration to figure out. The forum will help with any questions you have. Enjoy the wait it goes by fast.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Welcome to the forum. Whether you drive 20 miles or 2000 miles, by seeing the trailers side by side you are able to make the right choice of the one for you. We drove 2000 miles to Chilliwack 2 years ago thinking it was the 19. After comparing all trailers, we ordered the 21.

Although everyone has a different budget, if you are unsure of an option, my advice is to add it. We have probably 5 or 6 options on the trailer we haven't used yet but they are there if we want them. Good luck with the build sheet and that year is going to fly by. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
First Visit to ETI

Congratulations, Chris. We waited 8 months for our 2015 Escape 21 and are so happy with our choice. On top of being far less likely to leak, we found that so much was superior in quality to the stick built we owned. Furnace (quieter, yet more powerful fan), hot water heater (doesn't blow out in windy conditions), range (light much easier), brakes (need little adjusting, if any, between trips; easier to get right).
And having visited the factory you know how accessible the designers/owners. You made a solid choice for a trailer that has long lasting value. Enjoy the build sheet process. It's a bit like Christmas, only you are ordering your own present!
Bob K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 17B 2017
It's Gonna be a nice summer for you. Thanks for keeping us posted
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Hi: Fun&Sun... Congrats!!! You, who live in the ETI area, are really lucky!!! You can visit the "Nest" anytime you like. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Although everyone has a different budget, if you are unsure of an option, my advice is to add it. We have probably 5 or 6 options on the trailer we haven't used yet but they are there if we want them. Good luck with the build sheet and that year is going to fly by. Loren
I sort of agree with this advice and kinda disagree. In my view it would depend on the option in question. It seems to me that having expensive unused options on the trailer may not be be the best thing for the option. For example ... We last used our airconditioner July 2015 and won't be using it anytime soon - maybe in a year or two if we head south of the border (but that will depend on the exchange rate and their next election . so before our last trip when we were hooked up to shore power at home I ran the Air just to make sure that it still worked.

We didn't instal the ETI inverter and although I know very little about electronics I am glad I don't have expensive equipment sitting in the trailer getting old (plus technology seems to change all the time).

My advice for anyone ordering options would be to try to envision the type of RV travel you anticipate and let that guide your choices. That being said I agree with Loren it is great fun ordering options. Enjoy!

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
When we were selecting options, we did have a budget in mind. So we first selected the options that we KNEW that we wanted for our camping. Once we had all of those priced out, we added other "nice to have" options. Once we reached our limit, we stopped adding options.

I'm sure there are many options that we did not get that would be important to some one else if we ever decided to sell, but our main concern was to build the camper that we wanted. Based upon past history, I still feel certain that we would have no trouble finding a buyer should we ever want to sell.

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote