Future 17 Owners - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 17 B
Future 17 Owners

We're simply done with metro-Boston city life and will be relocating to Vermont after a year or more of RV'ing. Thought about Van Life and decided small RV Life is really where it's at.

The information and enthusiasm of this forum is wonderful and I've learned so much. Thank you everyone.

We've researched the currently available fiberglass RV options and are amazed at the quality, design and customization of Escape. We also just can't tolerate carpeted interior liners particularly with a Bernese Mountain Dog. It seems Escape is the only RV currently produced which has a smooth interior liner.

We'll either have a pre-owned or new Escape 17 by fall of 2020.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3149.JPG   IMG_3384.JPG  
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Your dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
We're simply done with metro-Boston city life and will be relocating to Vermont after a year or more of RV'ing. Thought about Van Life and decided small RV Life is really where it's at.

The information and enthusiasm of this forum is wonderful and I've learned so much. Thank you everyone.

We've researched the currently available fiberglass RV options and are amazed at the quality, design and customization of Escape. We also just can't tolerate carpeted interior liners particularly with a Bernese Mountain Dog. It seems Escape is the only RV currently produced which has a smooth interior liner.

We'll either have a pre-owned or new Escape 17 by fall of 2020.
I really like your dog. We attended a dog behavior class with our Brittany and a Bernese Mountain Dog was there too. He was a really nice dog but a little to big for us. If you have some patience and have the ability to react swiftly when a good trailer comes up you’ll get your trailer. Best of luck in your search and acquisition, rallies are a good place to evaluate options and models of trailers.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Joel and spouse with large dog to our little world. There is a rally in May in Chocura,NH where there will probably be some Escapes for viewing. We also love to help newbees with their build sheet if you go that route....see here on our sister forum for info
NH Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Fiberglass RV
Old 11-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:19 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Yes, Oh Yes

So we have owned 6 trailers so far. 2 tent trailers which were too much work for distance travel, 2 30ish foot travel trailers that kept leaking on a lot up at the lake, a 1977 Trillium 4500 FG TT, and a 2007 Escape 17B FG TT. We recently looked again and my wife said don't waste anymore time, you won't be happy unless you get another Escape. Never being to British Columbia, we ordered a new 2020 Escape 19' based on reputation and quality.

You can't go wrong with an Escape, the quality is excellent, they tow easy, and have excellent resale. If one comes up for sale on the east coast, GO IMMEDIATLY. Otherwise expect to miss out.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Joel and spouse with large dog to our little world. There is a rally in May in Chocura,NH where there will probably be some Escapes for viewing. We also love to help newbees with their build sheet if you go that route....see here on our sister forum for info
Thanks for the Chocorua info - I had no idea there was any kind of rally in New England. Looks like I may be "heading south" in May, for a little look-see.

Hmm, seems like that would be a perfect time to take my new little rig out on its spring wake-up trip.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Thanks Jim! Good to know, I've placed this event on my Spring calendar. Will be seeking some assistance if we buy new. I'll have questions.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I really like your dog. We attended a dog behavior class with our Brittany and a Bernese Mountain Dog was there too. He was a really nice dog but a little to big for us. If you have some patience and have the ability to react swiftly when a good trailer comes up you’ll get your trailer. Best of luck in your search and acquisition, rallies are a good place to evaluate options and models of trailers.
Iowa Dave
Berners may indeed be quite large. Chloe is almost a year old weighing in a 65 pounds. I think we may have lucked out for our future travels because we have what's called a "pocket" Berner. Perfect for RV Life. Love Brittanys, my cousin has one.

Thanks for the tip about shopping pre-owned Escapes.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Yes, Oh Yes

So we have owned 6 trailers so far. 2 tent trailers which were too much work for distance travel, 2 30ish foot travel trailers that kept leaking on a lot up at the lake, a 1977 Trillium 4500 FG TT, and a 2007 Escape 17B FG TT. We recently looked again and my wife said don't waste anymore time, you won't be happy unless you get another Escape. Never being to British Columbia, we ordered a new 2020 Escape 19' based on reputation and quality.

You can't go wrong with an Escape, the quality is excellent, they tow easy, and have excellent resale. If one comes up for sale on the east coast, GO IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise expect to miss out.
Thanks for your thoughts and tip Doug. You must be super excited about your 19. We don't own an Escape and as I spend hours researching RV options my wife has said something similar to your wife... "don't waste anymore time, you won't be happy unless you get an Escape!"

I love this how it's made video (helped me understand how Escape builds internal cabinet & fixture mounting without exterior shell drilling & rivets) :
Old 11-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Ooooh, some serious eye candy!