Future 5.0 TA owner from Eastern Ontario - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0 T/A
Future 5.0 TA owner from Eastern Ontario

Hello,

My wife and I can't wait to hit the road in 2017. Our 5.0 TA will be ready the first week of January 2017. Thanks to dbailey for showing us his 19 on very short notice. I have enjoyed reading all the posts over the last year and have learned a lot from the Escape community.

Cheers,

Warren & Marlene
Wxt129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congrats. You picked one nice trailer.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
You are quite welcome, and congratulations. Let me know when the trailer arrives -- I'd like to take a look...

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, Warren and Marlene.
You don't actually have that long to wait but maybe you
will be delaying pick-up? Sounds as if you want to get going in the snow! Maybe Ottawa doesn't have that much.

There are lots of us who want to see the new model so you may get a few requests.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
will be delaying pick-up? Sounds as if you want to get going in the snow! Maybe Ottawa doesn't have that much.

Ottawa definitely gets snow, although it's just getting going at the beginning of January.

I'm curious, too... why January? It seems like the worst possible time to drive across the country; is it being delivered?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:49 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
you'll love it
Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxt129 View Post
Hello,

My wife and I can't wait to hit the road in 2017. Our 5.0 TA will be ready the first week of January 2017. Thanks to dbailey for showing us his 19 on very short notice. I have enjoyed reading all the posts over the last year and have learned a lot from the Escape community.

Cheers,

Warren & Marlene
What do you plan to use for your towing vehicle?
Jollyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

Ottawa definitely gets snow, although it's just getting going at the beginning of January.

I'm curious, too... why January? It seems like the worst possible time to drive across the country; is it being delivered?
I plan to pick it up mid March and head towards Arizona and work my way back to Ottawa. I still have not decided on whether to ship my truck out by train or drive across Canada. Since they ship the truck through the U.S. I have been told you are not allowed to put any items in your truck. I have to see how much it costs to ship my camping gear before I make the final decision.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyjerry View Post
What do you plan to use for your towing vehicle?
I have a Chev Silverado Crew Cab, 5.3L with 6'5" box.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post

There are lots of us who want to see the new model so you may get a few requests.
For sure I will be delay pick-up until at least mid-March. Ottawa has it share of snow. I have made an annual two week trailer trip during March break to Florida for over ten years without to much problem...just watch the weather forecast and adjust my departure.

I look forward to showing the trailer after I pick it up. I myself have not seen the 5.0 TA. I will get my chance in another month as I registered for the Niagara rally in Ontario.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:58 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
For sure I will be delay pick-up until at least mid-March. Ottawa has it share of snow. I have made an annual two week trailer trip during March break to Florida for over ten years without to much problem...just watch the weather forecast and adjust my departure.

I look forward to showing the trailer after I pick it up. I myself have not seen the 5.0 TA. I will get my chance in another month as I registered for the Niagara rally in Ontario.
When going to Arizona, hope you are going down the coast and to southern AZ. Northern AZ can have a couple of feet of snow. Have a great trip home!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hello,

Cheers,

Warren & Marlene
Hi: Wxt129... We are staying at our sons 220 Fraser Pk. Orleans On. Post a message and if able... you're welcome to drop by, our 5.0TA is sitting in the driveway. We are leaving Thursday morning for home. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I plan to pick it up mid March and head towards Arizona and work my way back to Ottawa. I still have not decided on whether to ship my truck out by train or drive across Canada. Since they ship the truck through the U.S. I have been told you are not allowed to put any items in your truck. I have to see how much it costs to ship my camping gear before I make the final decision.
Sounds like a great trip! Much better than January across Canada...

My guess is that shipping the truck will be more expensive than I would be willing to pay, but I haven't checked rates for doing that for about 30 years. If you don't mind driving and have the time, it can be done reasonably in about five days - faster by crazy people.

Quote:
Heading across the continent is different from heading south, but when not towing winter weather isn't nearly so much of an issue.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote