Getting Closer! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 15' Escape
Getting Closer!

Hi everyone.......another new one here! My husband and I will be getting our 15' Escape next February and are so excited to be a part of the Escape family. We would like to say thanks to all of you who have posted so many wonderful ideas, suggestions, pictures, etc... I feel guilty that I have spent so many hours reading all of your posts and not introduced myself We look forward to meeting some of you in the future.
Cindy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Cindy, welcome! This is a good group of members, glad you joined us.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Welcome! You're going to have so much fun!
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Yay! Another Escape here in Victoria! Congratulations Cindy, what options are you getting?
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Thanks everyone!!
Glennrose, I have a feeling we are from a different Victoria.......unless you live in Texas also It's so nice to get such warm welcomes from our friends up north. I actually have family in Edmonton, Alberta so I do have somewhat of a connection to you all!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #6

Glennrose, as far as options, we are keeping it very simple. Long story short, we bought a different travel trailer a few years ago (used) and we had so many 'issues' that we decided less is better for us. It sprung a leak in the kitchen the first night we used it and the floor was covered in water when we woke up. We don't even have a bathroom in the new one....just a port-a-potty! However, we did get the screen room because we have 2 small pups and I'm hoping I will be able to let them out the door without a leash (as long as I am with them). Not sure if that will work or not. And we're getting the outside shower so we can wash ALL of our feet when we finish walking on the beach The A/C is a must in South Texas, unless you like being hot and sticky! Like I said, very simple, but we are so excited. We have read so many wonderful things about the Escape trailer.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy E View Post
Thanks everyone!!
Glennrose, I have a feeling we are from a different Victoria.......unless you live in Texas also It's so nice to get such warm welcomes from our friends up north. I actually have family in Edmonton, Alberta so I do have somewhat of a connection to you all!
Y'all need to go to your UserCP and put your state/province on the same line as the City in order for it to be visible in your profile. Notice mine...
Attached Thumbnails
UserCP.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #8

Ok, thanks Donna. That's a good idea.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
You have some good options that will work well for you. We have the outside shower too and use it regularly for dog bathing etc. We have a screen room, which we love, but it doesn't slow down our mini dachshund from burrowing underneath and out!

We changed our info to show our location as Victoria, BC. Indeed, good advice, thanks Donna!
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Welcome, Cindy! I hope you'll love your 15A as much as I love Egbert. I'm with you...keep it simple and you'll have fewer worries.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #11

Thanks, Jane....I agree that fun times are ahead! Looking forward to traveling around the states and up through Canada to see that beautiful country.

Karen, I have such a good feeling about this little trailer. We can't wait to make it our 'home away from home' I hope to use it by myself at times since my husband is not retired yet. That's another reason we chose to go simple. I don't have enough experience (at this point) to handle one that is more 'equipped' on my own. Thanks for the warm wishes.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
Yay! More Escapes in Tx!
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #13

Glennrose, I was afraid the screenroom would not be able to 'contain' the pups. At least it will take them a little longer, though Actually, my YorkiePoo won't leave my side so that's not a problem. The other is a Pekingese and he doesn't have enough nose to burrow! He'll have to 'barrell' his way through! I had a friend with a dachshund and he would hide a ball in the middle of a blanket, then tie about 10 knots (one right after the other) around the ball. It was just a matter of time before that pup would manage to untie all the knots to get to his ball. Amazing little dogs they are!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #14

Hi Vicki....we love going to San Antonio! We have several family members in that area and the Austin area. Glad to join the group!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
Site Team

Cindy, are you guys planning on attending the Bluebonnet Rally? The largest gathering of all molded towables in the US. It's on my bucket list!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #16

Donna,

I wasn't familiar with the Bluebonnet Rally....this is all new to us! Just looked it up though and I think it would be a great place for us to start our adventures Looks like it's going to be in April next year....I'm going to put it on my calendar!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:38 AM   #17
Site Team

Cindy, reservations start the first of January and fill up fast. Last year, there were over 40 trailers wanting to get in. If you plan to go.. do not delay reservations.