Good Bye - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
My 91 y/o Mother is always telling me, you can always make more money, you can't make more time. If you wait to retire for a new trailer... we're only given so many camping seasons in life. I wouldn't want to miss out on a single one. When I was younger I didn't even consider getting old. Now I am. I figure I have about 10-15 more years of camping in me. I'm not going to miss a single one! YMMV
Very true Donna . They already have something to camp in though .having to have something new isn't going to make your experience any better ,especially if now having spent money you shouldn't is a worry and burden . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:32 AM   #42

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I think you have 20+ left Donna!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I would imagine from going through the process myself, that a decently equipped 17 with taxes and the expense of the trip to pick up is going to come in at $25k +
Easily. This is eight years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Bill of sale.jpg  
Old 06-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Very true Donna . They already have something to camp in though .having to have something new isn't going to make your experience any better ,especially if now having spent money you shouldn't is a worry and burden . Pat
I guess my point is it's easier to pay down debt when you're working, than take a big chunk of change out of savings when you're retired. I followed Alf's lead. He was going to wait to retire to purchase his trailer. Got a good deal on a used 5.0 + the tug, used it for five years... then bought the 5.0TA when he retired.

I still own my 1988 Scamp, but have zero regrets about buying Ten Forward.... and I was working when I did that. Obviously everyone needs to do what they feel most comfortable doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I think you have 20+ left Donna!
Hope so Greg!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #45

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I would suspect for most this forum is a great resource during the build process and early in ownership but as we own our trailers for a period of time the need for information grows less.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I need a giant roll of tape to mark what I'm not using and start reducing some inventory. At the least I could pay for camping and minor repairs each year for several years. Why do We have multiples of everything but the Escape? Anybody want to buy a good runner sled, I think my belly flop sledding days are over. Donna it's comforting to know we're not alone.
Dave
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Quote:
My 91 y/o Mother is always telling me, you can always make more money, you can't make more time. If you wait to retire for a new trailer... we're only given so many camping seasons in life. I wouldn't want to miss out on a single one. When I was younger I didn't even consider getting old. Now I am. I figure I have about 10-15 more years of camping in me. I'm not going to miss a single one! YMMV

I totally agree with your mother. Life is short, don't let it slip by waiting for tomorrow...
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I guess my point is it's easier to pay down debt when you're working, than take a big chunk of change out of savings when you're retired. I followed Alf's lead. He was going to wait to retire to purchase his trailer. Got a good deal on a used 5.0 + the tug, used it for five years... then bought the 5.0TA when he retired.

I still own my 1988 Scamp, but have zero regrets about buying Ten Forward.... and I was working when I did that. Obviously everyone needs to do what they feel most comfortable doing.

Hope so Greg!
We luckily were still working and got the trailer paid off in a year . Thought we would be comfortable with a 15 year loan . Then sat down and figured interest , a 4.59 % loan which would have ended up almost 33 1/2 % interest by the time we were finished paying . Since I am A MACKENZIE and my dad was a banker that didn't sit well . Worked our butts off to get rid of loan . Now cutting back on everything and watching every penny . Have too , can't make what what we used too. I kind of get where they are coming from .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
"Happy trails to you......"
(from the Roy Rogers theme song)
Ever wonder why some members just stop posting never to be heard from again?
So, does this mean Carl's left the building?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #50

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
So, does this mean Carl's left the building?
No, just wondering why people fade away.

Love your reference to Elvis leaving the building. Speaking of Elvis, his death was a conspiracy. He wanted out. I saw him about a week ago. He was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.....
Old 06-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #52

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I saw Elvis about a week ago in Amana Iowa. He was getting on a tour bus with Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison. Jerry Lee Lewis was driving. They were headed for a recording session at Sun Records. They were waiting for Sam Phillips to finish changing an inside rear dual and laughing at him.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
No, just wondering why people fade away.

Love your reference to Elvis leaving the building. Speaking of Elvis, his death was a conspiracy. He wanted out. I saw him about a week ago. He was standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona.....
If anyone's seen that corner in Winslow, AZ recently, it's not anywhere you'd want to stand. Lots of issues in Winslow the last 10 years.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #54

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave macrae View Post
I would suspect for most this forum is a great resource during the build process and early in ownership but as we own our trailers for a period of time the need for information grows less.
well said...for one with no trailer yet and one who has not visited the Escape factory, but did put a deposit on one...this buyer will be glued for the foreseeable future to the 2017 thread showing pics of new trailers being built...hopefully any pics posted will help answer any remaining doubts/questions about the new 2017 Escape trailer prior to a build next year...being in Texas it's a whole lot easier to buy a Casita but they don't offer a TA 19-21ft....yet!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
being in Texas it's a whole lot easier to buy a Casita but they don't offer a TA 19-21ft....yet!
Yep, and even if they did, you can bet it'd have rivets all over the shell and carpeted walls.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave macrae View Post
then the need to become a moderator grows more........