Good Bye - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
I'd like to thank the moderators and all the great people on this forum who give great advice. Especially Donna! If she can do it you can too!
Marky
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19,1987 Bigfoot 17
I lurked here for awhile while my husband and I contemplated buying an Escape. After we put in our order this spring I posted a few times and will most likely post every once in awhile in the future. For now I'm really appreciating the wealth of information from other owners as we go through our build sheet making decisions. I don't really have a lot to contribute yet except to ask questions!

As for why some people leave - well, probably for a variety of reasons: they move on to other things, they bought a trailer and then discovered they really don't like camping all that much after all, they've never really left but just don't post much because they're more introverted than extroverted, they've had to quit camping for some reason, etc., etc.

I find I post more on the Fiberglass RV website because there is more in the way of general discussion there about all makes of molded fiberglass trailers. Just as everyone looks for different things in their trailers they get different things out of internet forums.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'm finding I have little to contribute because my trailer is eight years old and components have changed. Can't offer any relevant advice.
And, I've used up my 8,000 posts.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I have been absent for a while as I am still battling out computer and connection issues. Limping along on a small laptop. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'm finding I have little to contribute because my trailer is eight years old and components have changed. Can't offer any relevant advice.

Doh! Who knew there was a limit Glenn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: gbaglo... "It ain't over till it's over". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'll be retiring in about two years and wanted to buy the Escape 17b, but unfortunately the price is now beyond our budget.
Actually, with the current exchange rate, I believe the prices have declined a little. I think sometimes people may not realize the prices on the website are in Canadian dollars, not $US.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #28

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
1) I'm out camping (usually without ready internet access), or getting ready to go out camping, or cleaning up after a trip. That is, after all, my primary raison-d'être for getting the Escape.
2) I'm still working, my time is limited, and I haven't either the time or the knowledge to share, especially when others have already answered the questions asked by the time I get to reading the question -- I have far less I'm able to contribute than many others here. I admit to being surprised at how MUCH some people post on the forum -- where do you a) find/make the time and b) acquire such a diverse and eclectic knowledgebase!?
3) I've had a specific question, received an answer (or several, or maybe none), and hopefully remembered to express my thanks and gratitude.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Good Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'll be retiring in about two years and wanted to buy the Escape 17b, but unfortunately the price is now beyond our budget.

Actually, with the current exchange rate, I believe the prices have declined a little. I think sometimes people may not realize the prices on the website are in Canadian dollars, not $US.

Good point. At the current rate a stock 17B is around $19,600 USD. That's in Casita territory. A few years ago, it would have been higher for US buyers, even at the lower CAD price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 11:13 PM   #30

Trailer: 2001 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I haven't given up on getting an Escape. I've already converted the price to USD. The thing is we live in Texas and do most of our traveling in the southern US and we need an AC and an awning. The 17b price is $26,900 CAD. Using an exchange rate of .78 it comes out to be about $21,000 USD. Then add about another 2 grand for the AC and the awning and another grand for tv and antenna etc. We gestimate a price of about $25,000 USD.
I have two years before retiring and we'll see what happens. For now, we'll just keep lurking.
Thanks again and by the way I've found your posts also very very informative.
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Did you not get the memo. If you signed up for the forum on day one of it's existence your limit doubles.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:07 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky View Post
Then add about another 2 grand for the AC and the awning...
The awning is standard on Escape trailers and I calculate the AC adds only about US$800. I must be missing something...
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:09 AM   #33

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:

The 5.0TA was a new model when I got it 2 years ago, it's already relegated to Classic status. Who'd a thunk it'd be an old model in 2 years.

You could create a new account, make it something like gbags. No one would know who you were and you'd start all over at 0. We'd all be talking about whatever happened to Glen.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
I have not posted much but look at the forum daily. Since our Escape 21 will be ready in August we are excited to get everything organized to pick it up and full time in our Pea Pod. I have found that the contributors have a vast knowledge and are a wonderful source of information. Since I am not even close to a seasoned Escape owner, I hope to contribute more as our knowledge increases!
Porsche Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:33 AM   #35

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
The awning is standard on Escape trailers and I calculate the AC adds only about US$800. I must be missing something...
The ac was almost 900. For us . Now it is almost 1200, because it has the digital thermostat . I know you have the exchange too , but it sure bumps your price sheet up . Don't forget you will be hit with taxes on what you purchase . It can end up a lot of money . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:39 AM   #36

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Now it is almost 1200, because it has the digital thermostat.
I'm seeing $1100CDN for the AC with digital thermostat on ETI's website which today is about USD$850. Is their website wrong? This is a far cry from the poster's estimate of two grand which was my point.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm seeing $1100CDN for the AC with digital thermostat on ETI's website which today is about USD$850. Is their website wrong? This is a far cry from the poster's estimate of two grand which was my point.
Well hit me with a wet noodle . 1100. For a 19 in option list today . We paid 885 , with not much exchange . You still have to pay taxes , you can add to the mix . Pat
Old 06-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #38

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I would imagine from going through the process myself, that a decently equipped 17 with taxes and the expense of the trip to pick up is going to come in at $25k +
Affordability, especially in the molded fiberglass trailer market is going to be a challenge for some folks to purchase an Escape, forget the Oliver I respect that and hear what they're saying.
Hopefully, the OP sometime before retirement will have an unexpected windfall and can get the trailer they want.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I would imagine from going through the process myself, that a decently equipped 17 with taxes and the expense of the trip to pick up is going to come in at $25k +
Affordability, especially in the molded fiberglass trailer market is going to be a challenge for some folks to purchase an Escape, forget the Oliver I respect that and hear what they're saying.
Hopefully, the OP sometime before retirement will have an unexpected windfall and can get the trailer they want.
Very nicely said Gregg! Pat
Old 06-24-2016, 11:09 AM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
My 91 y/o Mother is always telling me, you can always make more money, you can't make more time. If you wait to retire for a new trailer... we're only given so many camping seasons in life. I wouldn't want to miss out on a single one. When I was younger I didn't even consider getting old. Now I am. I figure I have about 10-15 more years of camping in me. I'm not going to miss a single one! YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote