Good Bye - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2016, 04:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Good Bye

"Happy trails to you......"
(from the Roy Rogers theme song)
Ever wonder why some members just stop posting never to be heard from again?
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:12 AM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Sold trailer? Gone Camping? I think many of us stay on line here to continue to understand our trailers as well as to watch the excitement as new members come on board with their soon to be their Escapes. I think that we also enjoy answering the questions of new buyers who are where we were when we joined this forum.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:37 AM   #3

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
A few folks answer all questions, less need for the masses to do so. Same as meetings, the majority of folks are silent.

They have their trailer and have had all their questions answered.

Some continue to read, once in a great while you see someone post in an ongoing thread that you haven't seen in a long time.

Personally I'm getting more selective, I now skip threads I've no interest in.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:27 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's over 5,000 members of this forum. Some join thinking it's about other stuff than Escape trailers, others join and are silent readers not posters. Then there's the 30 or so members who are very, very active. More than one member will never own an Escape trailer but posts. Takes all kinds of people to develop a community.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Many come here just looking for information and ideas about the build of their trailer, or information on Escape trailers, and once they have garnered the information they were looking for move on. I have done this on a bunch of other forums myself.

What keeps me here, along with a canoeing and photography forum, two others I frequent often, is the passion for what it is all about. I have always enjoyed the outdoors and camping, so it is great to share this with folks of similar mind. I do also spend a few minutes a day on average keeping up with what some friends are up to on facebook.

I have made what I consider a bunch of really good friends on this forum. I get lots of good help developing my ideas here, while helping others develop on their own ideas, both of which I have great fun doing. For the most part the regular members here are a fun, cheerful bunch, and as a group have a fantastic cross section of knowledge to share.

Now, where the frig is the poutine?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:37 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
I joined this forum in 2013, but have only started posting this year after I put my order in for a 2017 19'. I enjoy reading most of the threads and find a wealth of information here. I don't comment much, but look forward to reading this forum everyday!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:43 AM   #7

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
There is such a breadth of knowledge and experience here, and such a willingness to help and share, that many members have 'nothing to add'. Every question gets answered quickly and completely with extremely competent answers. Many folks are quiet observers. They participate by watching. They want all questions answered, but are more than willing to let a more experienced person do the answering.
As far as sharing camping or trailer experiences, I think most folks are a little more shy or a little more private and prefer to keep things to themselves. They are not so much interested in the social side. They have their friends and/or camping preferences and want to keep it that way.
I think you are all right, this forum is a cross section of society and mirrors most large groups.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:44 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Good Bye

I think there are several reasons for folks "leaving" the forum: 1) they never intended to make it a social hangout, they've got the info they need, and they're fine. Perhaps they come back on a very rare occasion. 2) they've been active but have moved on to other things that interest them. 3) they haven't really left. Steve is right - they participate by watching. 4) they are offended or upset by something and they leave in a huff.

Fortunately, I think the latter category is very rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 08:49 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
There is such a breadth of knowledge and experience here, and such a willingness to help and share, that many members have 'nothing to add'. Every question gets answered quickly and completely with extremely competent answers. Many folks are quiet observers. They participate by watching. They want all questions answered, but are more than willing to let a more experienced person do the answering.
As far as sharing camping or trailer experiences, I think most folks are a little more shy or a little more private and prefer to keep things to themselves. They are not so much interested in the social side. They have their friends and/or camping preferences and want to keep it that way.
I think you are all right, this forum is a cross section of society and mirrors most large groups.
Hi: Steve Clark... As long as we're not too "Cross" a section of society!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
"Happy trails to you......"
(from the Roy Rogers theme song)
Ever wonder why some members just stop posting never to be heard from again?
Hi: C&G in FL...No!!! I have wondered why some never start posting. Alf
Old 06-23-2016, 08:54 AM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I have learned a lot from it in the last five years. So I don't ask as many questions as i used to.

I try to limit my postings to where I think I have something to contribute. I think it was Abe Lincoln who said something like "better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". A lot of times someone else has already posted a solution to someone's problem, so mostly I can sit back and observe. I generally try to post when I have direct experience and don't contribute much to the theoretical discussions

Also, I try to limit my time on the forum, and in other online media, so I only check it once or twice a day. Too much other fun stuff to do.

I really appreciate those who do contribute a lot, and those who moderate the forum.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:55 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Maybe they're too busy camping .... ?

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #13

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Goodbye: I wish! HOOKED......
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #14

Hi: All... Any Escape is a "Goodbye". Alf
Old 06-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #15

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
I don't post very often but check in a couple times a day while I'm off work in the summer. I enjoy reading the threads and have gained a lot of knowledge here. I am gaining experience with my new 5.0 ta Classic.
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Yep,

Got most of my questions answered. Bought the trailer, now I'm off using it. There's a wealth of knowledge on this board that I haven't acquired, yet.

If anyone has questions about the use of a portable oxygen concentrator in a solar powered Escape or whether a Newfoundland fits on the U shaped dinette, I'll jump right in.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #17

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
No one flames me for giving smart aleck answers so I just stopped posting.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
The comments on this forum are what helped sell us on getting an Escape, and the information has been very valuable. Thanks everyone! We are relatively quiet folks, but hope to be around for a long time to come.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #19

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
This forum has been invaluable over the past year as we were putting together our build sheet. Now, I mostly use it to whine about not getting any photos of my new 5.0 TA.

Lucy
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #20

Trailer: 2001 Casita
This is a great site and most of the questions have been answered. Just by using the search you can find anything on anything Escape. I believe most people don't post because they've already found the answer using the search. Sometimes someone will ask a question and a member will kindly direct them to a section on forum with the answer. I don't post much, but do read a lot. I own a Casita but find this to be one of the best sites on RVing.
I'll be retiring in about two years and wanted to buy the Escape 17b, but unfortunately the price is now beyond our budget. I know Escapes are high quality they are worth it, but for now we are just like kids in a candy store looking through the window. When you can't you can't, and we'd like to retire debt free and enjoy our retirement traveling.
I'd like to thank the moderators and all the great people on this forum who give great advice. Especially Donna! If she can do it you can too!
Marky
Marky is offline   Reply With Quote