Greetings From Ralph and Paulette - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21' - "Escapee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
So, Ralph and Paulette, we are ahead of you in the line for the high diving board. My hub and I also recently retired and ordered the 21. (You probably already know about our 21, but I'm trying desperately to get this thread back on track.) Ours is due mid-September; we are just now negotiating our pickup appointment. My advice at this point is not to sign-off on that build sheet until the deadline is close - not to the hour or minute, but not months in advance, either. I'm finding it's hard enough to wait now the build sheet is in... and you never know what might change between now and then.

I'm pretty much a newbie here on Escape Forum, too - so it feels inappropriate to say "welcome." I guess I'll just leave it at

"Howdy!"

Thanks Mary. Yeah, our build sheet isn't due until December - plenty of time to make our choices ... and change them 2 or 3 times ;-)

And it looks like you're a fellow Casita owner. I've seen several of us on here. We like our Casita, but can't wait for the extra space in our Escape - and a real mattress!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
Hi Ralph and Paulette--Welcome to the wonderful world of Escape! Ike and I are also previous Casita owners and loved the little darlin' But, when you get your 21', you'll be in heaven! We have a 2015 19' and are so grateful for it. Like a palace to us and well engineered. The fact ETI allows for some custom components has been a tremendous deal for its' clients and we don't take that for granted!

All the best to you and your soon-to-be new treasure. Happy Trails~
Gae
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
[QUOTE=Ralph & Paulette;101965]We're going to pick ours up. Save the $3000 delivery fee, plus a good opportunity to plan a long trip out west and north! The return will be our longest camping trip by far. Hopefully the first of many.

Just to point out to others and you, a delivery can be with one or two other trailers and should not cost $3000 as you can split that.

I take it you probably want to make the trip anyway, a similar one, we are doing now!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Just to point out to others and you, a delivery can be with one or two other trailers and should not cost $3000 as you can split that.

I take it you probably want to make the trip anyway, a similar one, we are doing now!
Cathy - we were told $3000 was the flat rate to Goshen Indiana. Otherwise it would be $1.50/mile IF they are able to combine delivery. We're 2250 miles from Chilliwack, so $3,375 to deliver to St. Louis.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That $3,000 flat rate is for one trailer to Goshen, if two it will be approximately $1k less and with 3 even less. Both my 19 and 21 were delivered to east coast, about 600 miles further than Goshen and I managed to split my delivery with another owner. always less if you can split the delivery with another new owner. Goshen is where Dave picks up parts on his return trip back to Chilliwack.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #26

There have been a few door-to-door deliveries but that seems to be quite rare. Most people are with another party or two and split the cost. Some recent delivery owners might comment. Should not be what you are being told except for door-to-door.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I had a door-to-door delivery and ETI charged me $1200, it was the only trailer on the truck, and it was a 1,000 mile delivery. I was originally scheduled to share, but something fell through, but ETI delivered anyway. Keep in mind that part of the final costs also involve whether or not Dave has to spend nights in a motel on the road. I hesitated a little at first, but when I calculated my gas costs, my own overnight stays, and the fact that I would have had to do this in November, over the Siskyous, it seemed smarter to let him do it! I don't regret it at all, since he dropped it right in my driveway!
Old 07-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
You were lucky no? But you missed going up to the NW & camping on the way home AND Everybody's Store near Sumas...this place is so awesome we may have to go back to ETI for some mod just to go there Try the coriander goat cheese
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #29

OK, I just spoke to Barb @ ETI. She says our delivery fee to Goshen IN would be $3000, whether there are other trailers are on the truck or not. Also, the $1.50/mile rate is if there is more than 1 trailer on the truck. If ours is the only one, then it is $1.75/mile. All these prices are, of course, in Canadian dollars. With the current exchange rate at $0.77US, that's $2310, $1.16/mile and $1.35/mile US, respectively.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:01 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I think Barb needs to read ETI's own web site.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 10.59.29 AM.png  
Old 07-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Lucky, yes. We camped on the way home from Chilliwack when I bought the 17, and would have done it again, but for the time of year and obligations down here.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph & Paulette View Post
OK, I just spoke to Barb @ ETI. She says our delivery fee to Goshen IN would be $3000, whether there are other trailers are on the truck or not. Also, the $1.50/mile rate is if there is more than 1 trailer on the truck. If ours is the only one, then it is $1.75/mile. All these prices are, of course, in Canadian dollars. With the current exchange rate at $0.77US, that's $2310, $1.16/mile and $1.35/mile US, respectively.
$3000 is $2295 US (one place today anyway). It is not impossible that that is now the price, however, the comment that it did not matter whether there were other trailers, well, we who have been around here a few years, know that has not been the case. You see someone's info above on that. You may be receiving incorrect information which happens many times. It has to be checked further as it is news to many of us if that is now correct.

I have been given wrong information several times by people at ETI, even ones you expect know what is correct. You have to wait on others and keep checking if you are interested in delivery.

Perhaps some others here who have split the cost with other owners will relate their delivery information. We do not often see the prices but we have seen enough to know that what you are being told is pretty high --- but not nearly $3000 since that is Canadian.