Hello! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #21
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Hey Martin, check out these threads. Some are older but interesting.... -Bea

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...ids-16189.html

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...=kids+children

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...=kids+children

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...=kids+children
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
when my grands are with me, they each have a heavy mesh drawstring bag...i think they are the kind for scuba gear? In the morning, their sleeping bag, pillow, pajamas, and stuffed animal all go in that bag, and the bags go under the bench seat. I keep a fitted sheet there too, which goes on the bed first, then usually sleeping bags unzipped over the top of each kid. it makes things so much easier!
Old 09-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #23

Trailer: None yet but would like a 19'
Thank you for the insight into camping in an escape with children. I too like the 19' for the fact that it has a full queen size bed. So far we are only inside our tent trailer for sleeping and eating some meals. The only reason we were eating inside was because of the wasps. So yes I feel like most of our time would be spent outside.
Marty_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #24
Bea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_3000 View Post
Thank you for the insight into camping in an escape with children. I too like the 19' for the fact that it has a full queen size bed. So far we are only inside our tent trailer for sleeping and eating some meals. The only reason we were eating inside was because of the wasps. So yes I feel like most of our time would be spent outside.
You may find this article interesting....we battle wasps, too. -Bea

https://www.riverbasin.org/keep-bees...-when-camping/
Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
It sounds all nice to have a vacation home but the grass is always greener on the other side.

A vacation home will appreciate, if it is waterfront, or in some other very desirable location.

We bought a half acre lot treed with large cedars at Dunsmuir (near Bowser, you know ). It was the '70s. Cost $13,900. Built a shack, put in a driveway and paid water taxes for years. Sold it for $8,900 ( no charge for the mosquitoes ). Same lot after four decades can be had for $60,000.

I would have done better with an Escape ( if they were made ).
Old 09-08-2019, 12:40 AM   #26

Trailer: None yet but would like a 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
You may find this article interesting....we battle wasps, too. -Bea

https://www.riverbasin.org/keep-bees...-when-camping/
Thank you Bea you have been very helpful
Marty_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:44 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Choices??

A vacation 'property' is kinda like a time share...soon ya get tired of it. I talk to folks at campgrounds alot, who have sold time shares and bought trailers or RVs..

We started w a Casita but now have a E-21 in the building process..and several new grandchildren who will soon be camping with us, hence our selling of the Casita..it was great for 2 but not for 3-4. My advice is do not buy anything built just for 2.. Maybe rent several different types to see if you like camping etc etc Welcome to the forums
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Hi, I'm Martin and I am currently the owner of a 1992 Viking Tent Trailer. This was the first year I have got out camping since my young two kids aged 2 & 4 were born. I would very much like to continue making family memories like this each year and am thinking of buying a travel trailer in another couple few years if we can afford one. An escape would be my first choice, however, one may prove to be to cost prohibitive realistically. Also I have thought about trying to buy a vacation property as it would be more of an investment going forward. While fiberglass trailers hold their value well they are still a depreciating asset. I feel that the freedom a travel trailer offers may outweigh the fact that you are tied down to one place at a vacation property. Regardless none of this is either here nor there because I don't actually own either.....LOL... So AT this point I am just introducing myself
By the time our kids were that age I had bought a new Coleman tent trailer, which slept the gang no problem, even with a playpen as a crib when they are real small. While a tent trailer is not the same as an Escape at all, it was cheaper, smaller and lighter, and worked great for us.

But just like our Escape and other hard wall trailers we have owned, being inside was a rare thing. Both us and our kids loved being outside.

We do now own a rec property with my two brothers, 60 some acres with a good 1/2 mile of river front less than 90 minutes from home. We love that for short trips as we don't have to fight for spots in forestry campgrounds and don't have to stay at commercial ones either. We love campsites that are in great landscape type places. All our family members and our friends mostly stay in trailers there which is real convenient when you have a bunch of couples out there.

All this said, I would never give up a trailer to travel in and see things. Kids love to explore and see new areas almost as much as me. If I could only have one thing, a travel trailer or a rec property, the trailer would win hands down.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #29
Bea

Quote:
Thank you Bea you have been very helpful
My pleasure! Hope you find what you are looking for and do keep us posted! Best wishes, Bea
Old 09-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 19 Foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeehn View Post
Hi there, Jonathan here. I'm in kind of the same boat as Marty - my wife and I are just beginning to look for a small travel trailer (we are in our 70s). We actually rented a tiny 13' Scamp just to get the feel, and have also walked around inside a 17' Casita. Both were about 10 years old, and kind of funky, but potentially adequate. A good friend has a 15' Escape and loves it. What's a good way to research the various brand? We hope to find something small (16' or less) so we can park it on our small lot in town. And light weight so we can pull it with our Honda Ridgeline (5000 # max towing). Thanks in advance for any advice! Haven't decided yet if we want a toilet.
My wife and I pulled our 19' behind our Ridgeline from Alberta to Newfoundland and back, with many side-trips. That trip was a bit over 10,000 miles (17,000 km). If you don't bring the entire house with you, the Ridgeline is more than up to the task. You'll need an equalizer hitch, though.
Nooluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #31

Trailer: 2011 17B; Prior-2009 Escape-13B
Keep in mind you could use your trailer ad a guest room at your home , assuming you are it there.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote