Hello Escapees - current Scamp owner from So. Calif. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
Hello Escapees - current Scamp owner from So. Calif.

Hello Escape folks or other fiberglass trailer owners.
I signed up here not long ago, but haven't introduced myself.

I'm Lisa, from So. Calif. and recent owner of a 1992 13' Scamp. I had initially wanted an Escape, but couldn't find one for sale, plus I didn't have the patience to wait.

I wanted to try my hand at RVing with a travel trailer, something I had never done, so I actually bought the first one I ever looked at. Luckily it only took me two days to find one near me. I figured I'd buy this Scamp and learn from it as to my wants and needs.

So far (3 months in), it's doing pretty well, though I did go to a Rally and saw some Escapes up close and do have Escape fever again.

I think I would buy a 15B should I ever find one. It would work with my current tow vehicle, and have a built-in bathroom, something my Scamp doesn't have. I'm just casually looking at this time as I know I'd have to pounce quickly with cash in hand.

Here in Calif. we only have to pay a registration fee of $10 every 5 years for travel trailers 16' and shorter, and that's a second reason for wanting the 15B. That and my tow vehicle is already 22 feet long.

For now, I'll be towing around my Scamp, so if you ever see this rig on the road, say hi!

lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Welcome, Lisa! I'm in line for a 17A after owning a Chalet Aframe for 10 year! (My first teaching job, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, was at Central School in Banning!)
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Welcome, Lisa! I'm in line for a 17A after owning a Chalet Aframe for 10 year! (My first teaching job, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, was at Central School in Banning!)
What a coincidence! My first teaching job was at Central Elementary too!
That was 20 some odd years ago!
Old 12-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #4

That's a nice rig!

We've had a 17' Casita for about 10 years now, but we also have an Escape 21 on order, to be picked up in June. Can't wait.

Have fun! ( We got the Casita for the bathroom too !)
thiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
That's a nice rig!
Thank you!
The van has a murphy style bed it in and a porti-potty so I call this rig a two bedroom two bath.

You can see the legs of the murphy bed in this photo:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
Thank you!
The van has a murphy style bed it in and a porti-potty so I call this rig a two bedroom two bath.

You can see the legs of the murphy bed in this photo:
Hi: lisantica... Your van is a real sleeper and can also tow a Mother in Law suite... Sweet!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
wow looks huge! very nice
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 Rockwood 8240ss
Smile

Hello, my Name is Paul. I retired from the fire service. I’m currently living in my rv taking care of our parents near Palm Springs.
I’ve always enjoyed small rv’s, started looking at the T@B. Loved it, especially the window system. My want’s are: full queen bed for two 6’ tall people, shower big enough for wide shoulders, large rv refrigerator. Good water storage, small footprint easy to maneuver, light weight(under 4K),
We like to dry camp and use state park, fit in the small view sites. Attend mountain bike races and outdoor events.
I like the freedom express 192rbs. While looking around the web I found the 5.0ta! Wow a new favorite. Even though I’ve yet to see one in person. The fifth wheel keeps the combination size small and agile. Not sure I’ll purchase one as the price is over twice the cost of the standard new trailers, but it’s so darn cute!
Happy travels Paul
FFPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
wow looks huge! very nice
Usually the bed is down and there are a couple of Vespa scooters in there so it starts to look small quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPaul View Post
While looking around the web I found the 5.0ta! Wow a new favorite.
Those 5.0s are sure nice, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: lisantica... Your van is a real sleeper and can also tow a Mother in Law suite... Sweet!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
That's true!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Hello, my Name is Paul. I retired from the fire service. I’m currently living in my rv taking care of our parents near Palm Springs.
I’ve always enjoyed small rv’s, started looking at the T@B. Loved it, especially the window system. My want’s are: full queen bed for two 6’ tall people, shower big enough for wide shoulders, large rv refrigerator. Good water storage, small footprint easy to maneuver, light weight(under 4K),
We like to dry camp and use state park, fit in the small view sites. Attend mountain bike races and outdoor events.
I like the freedom express 192rbs. While looking around the web I found the 5.0ta! Wow a new favorite. Even though I’ve yet to see one in person. The fifth wheel keeps the combination size small and agile. Not sure I’ll purchase one as the price is over twice the cost of the standard new trailers, but it’s so darn cute!
Happy travels Paul

You just described an Escape 19 or 5.0TA, Paul. Pay attention to this forum, read prior threads and topics, and feel free to ask any question. I doubt you can find a trailer anywhere with a higher owner satisfaction rate. A lot of happy campers here. If and when your curiosity is peaked, send Escape Trailer Industries a message. They will provide you with a list of owners in your area who will gladly show you their trailer. Good Luck!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:

Happy travels Paul
Hi Paul,
You need to head over to the Quartzsite Gathering in February. Not far from you and you will get to see almost everything ever made in molded fiberglass trailers including the whole Escape line.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ring-9732.html
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote