Hello from Alabama - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1549 View Post
Hi kevin & barbara
Thanks for the info I agree you don't want to make this type of an investment feeling it'll be just ok. I want to love it!!
Also, what is your tow vehicle? I have a 2014 nissan pathfinder
Thanks,
Marion
We went with a GMC Acadia. It helped that we had a couple grand in money off from having a GMC credit card, plus discounts for working for a GMC supplier. The car handled the 19' easily with towing mileage around 15.5 and without towing in the 22-25 mile range on the highway.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #22

Trailer: Shopping tv 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
We went with a GMC Acadia. It helped that we had a couple grand in money off from having a GMC credit card, plus discounts for working for a GMC supplier. The car handled the 19' easily with towing mileage around 15.5 and without towing in the 22-25 mile range on the highway.
That makes me feel better thanks
mk1549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Hi tom & linda
What was it about the escape vs casita that made you changed your mind?
We had a brand new Casita for about a year. Just too small in all directions (I'm 6'4"), crawling over each other to get out of bed. We stopped to see Cpaharley's 21' on the way back from Florida. After about two minutes inside and I was thinking "this is what we need...".

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
We had a brand new Casita for about a year. Just too small in all directions (I'm 6'4"), crawling over each other to get out of bed. We stopped to see Cpaharley's 21' on the way back from Florida. After about two minutes inside and I was thinking "this is what we need...".
Wow I can just visualize you walking around like the hunchman lol.
The 21 you saw is that Ray in Pensacola? He's a couple of hours from me I was thinking about giving him a call.
I know a 21ft is too big for me but a least it'll give me a good idea.
Thanks for the info,
Marion
Old 10-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Actually, Marion, I don't think it will give you a very good idea of what you want. Basically, if you have seen a 15', 17' or 19', you have an excellent idea of what the other two are like. The 21', however, is quite different and photos just do not convey that. You should be able to see one of the others not too far from you if you think those sizes are your interest.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Actually, Marion, I don't think it will give you a very good idea of what you want. Basically, if you have seen a 15', 17' or 19', you have an excellent idea of what the other two are like. The 21', however, is quite different and photos just do not convey that. You should be able to see one of the others not too far from you if you think those sizes are your interest.
Thanks for the heads up. The closest smaller escape is a 19ft and they live in northern Mississippi and if it's the same couple they'll be in florida in a couple of weeks I need to contact them and see if I can get the tour.
Thank you,
Marion
Old 10-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF View Post
Hi Marion,
We have a 19' Escape and live in northeast MS, about 6 hours from you. We plan on being at the Open Pond Recreation Area in the Conecuh NF the 1st week of November. Looks like that's less than 100 miles from your location.
Hi Cheryl
Sent you an email via your website hope we can get together
Marion
Old 10-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yo Marion from Dothan Alabama! like crazy! My dad was career Army and stationed at Fort Rucker when I was a kid! We lived off base in Dothan!!! I know from my "background" investigation our home was on Tate Street... a ton of fond memories there.

WELCOME!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yo Marion from Dothan Alabama! like crazy! My dad was career Army and stationed at Fort Rucker when I was a kid! We lived off base in Dothan!!! I know from my "background" investigation our home was on Tate Street... a ton of fond memories there.

WELCOME!
Thank you Donna
I moved to Dothan in 2011 after retiring from Calif. Dothan is a nice town lovely people
Marion
Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 21 pick up on 5/26/15.
Hey Marion. My wife and I just got back from a visit to ETI in Chilliwack. Loved every second of it and We were convinced that the Escape was the right one for us. Very interesting process and the quality is second to none. I have learned a ton of info on this forum from the various experts. Our build sheet for our 21 is due in January for a March 6 completion. I have so many good ideas learned from this forum. Just hope I can pull them all together on the build sheet. We dropped off a Louisians flag fot their wall. A little early, but they have it now. We are going to be the first Louisiana owners, but happy to have a neighbor in Al. Close by. The WhoDat?Cruiser will be here next spring probably time her pickup with the Escape rally in Osoyoos.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!
batcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by batcat View Post
Hey Marion. My wife and I just got back from a visit to ETI in Chilliwack. Loved every second of it and We were convinced that the Escape was the right one for us. Very interesting process and the quality is second to none. I have learned a ton of info on this forum from the various experts. Our build sheet for our 21 is due in January for a March 6 completion. I have so many good ideas learned from this forum. Just hope I can pull them all together on the build sheet. We dropped off a Louisians flag fot their wall. A little early, but they have it now. We are going to be the first Louisiana owners, but happy to have a neighbor in Al. Close by. The WhoDat?Cruiser will be here next spring probably time her pickup with the Escape rally in Osoyoos.
How exciting for you guys.
I'm hoping to be able to meet up with a couple from Miss and tour their 19ft. And your right about this forum lots of info and great people.
Congrats on your escape,
Marion
P.s. Love the name
Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #32

Quick question what is a build sheet? I first thought it was a list of your options but now I think not
Marion
Old 10-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Quick question what is a build sheet? I first thought it was a list of your options but now I think not
Marion
Build sheet is a total configuration for your trailer to be built; includes the standard items plus any options.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #34

Quote:
How exciting for you guys.
I'm hoping to be able to meet up with a couple from Miss and tour their 19ft. And your right about this forum lots of info and great people.
Congrats on your escape,
Marion
P.s. Love the name
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Build sheet is a total configuration for your trailer to be built; includes the standard items plus any options.
Makes sense. Thank you
Old 10-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Makes sense. Thank you
Every time you make a change to your build sheet ETI sends you a new version (with prices) and if you delete a standard item (like we deleted their mattress) it reflects a credit for that item. They're quite good at staying in sync. If you used another Escape owner as a referral their name will also be on your build sheet; they'll get a check when you pay for your trailer.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Every time you make a change to your build sheet ETI sends you a new version (with prices) and if you delete a standard item (like we deleted their mattress) it reflects a credit for that item. They're quite good at staying in sync. If you used another Escape owner as a referral their name will also be on your build sheet; they'll get a check when you pay for your trailer.
Nice referral bonus!!
Why did you omit the mattress?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Quote:
Nice referral bonus!!
Why did you omit the mattress?
We thought the stock ETI mattress too soft. They put us in contact with their supplier (due to the cut off corner on the 21) who built us the most firm mattress that they could - we paid them direct and they shipped it to ETI with their normal delivery. ETI credited us $150 for their mattress; we paid $400 for ours delivered. We really like it - the Eurotopper style of construction, maybe an inch taller than the ETI mattress.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 11-02-2014, 01:59 AM   #38

Trailer: 2013 19'
You won't be sorry

Our Escape19 is the the first trailer we have ever owned. It was a leap of faith, but we bought primarily based upon this forum. We have been totally satisfied with our trailer and the service of Tammy, Reace and Company has surpassed my greatest expectations. You're not buying a trailer, you're buying a family!!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Ditto !
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #40

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
We wouldn't buy any other brand...