Hello from Birmingham, Alabama! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hello from Birmingham, Alabama!

Hello everyone!

My name is Keith and I'm in the Birmingham, Alabama area at present. Spent several months in my 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe last year, figuring out what my lady friend, Kalin, and I will need to full-time for the foreseeable future. Turns out a couple of people who like each other well enough and a digital piano that at least one of them can play can get along just fine in a Casita - but if a third, somewhat smaller person came along, as seems to happen when two younger folks tromp in the woods and spend most of their evenings reasonably near each other, they'd be short on space. So we're ex-Casita folk now, though we miss it so, and we're skipping 2-foot-itis, going straight to an Escape 21 with a completion date in early December. My family spent a year in Penticton, BC when I was 9 and we passed through Sumas and Chilliwack often, so the road trip to ETI will abound with new smiles and fun memories revisited. We've a good bit of downsizing left, and a house to rent out or sell, but we're picking up steam. We'll be out there soon and hope to make friends with as many of you as we can bump into!

keithgugliotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 21
Hi Keith- Congrats on the upcoming 21; another Casita convert that makes me wonder if the folks in Texas are paying attention or view Escape as a niche market.

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Moving up the ladder fast...
Though the wait is long, you couldn't have made a better choice.
Congratulations!!!
Old 01-31-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Sounds like a plan.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Hi Keith- Congrats on the upcoming 21; another Casita convert that makes me wonder if the folks in Texas are paying attention or view Escape as a niche market.
We live about two hours from the Casita plant in Rice TX and a long, long way from Chilliwack, BC. We studied this decision for a long time and came close to purchasing a Casita, which is a very nice trailer. However, after reading this forum and a trip to Chilliwack we believe that for us the Escape is the better choice, even with a long wait and a long way to go to get it in a few months. But we think we will be pleased with our choice and that it will be worth it for us. We know there are many happy owners of both brands of RVs.
casejh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome, and congrats on you order.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:29 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 21
Should have been more specific - most Casita owners going to an Escape jump for a larger trailer. Am wondering with the sharp increase in RV sales due to approximately 10,000 baby boomers retiring every day whether Casita will build larger trailers as Escape did with great success.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ross,
There has been a persistent rumor that Casita was going to build a double axle, but had to retire the 13 and possibly the 16 to get the room to do it. The 13 supposedly is being phased out now, so maybe soon.
For the last year we've received reports from buyers that there has been no wait for Casita trailers except build time while Scamp has maintained 9-12 mos wait, so it would appear that they need to do something in Rice soon.
Interesting stuff, and I'm sure we'll hear more in detail at Quartzsite next week.

Don't mean to hijack Keith's thread. So Welcome, Keith and congrats on the 21 order!!!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for 4th Maiden Voyage
Hi Keith and Kalin,
Welcome! That was a fun introduction .... thank you ... and I look forward to meeting you both out on the road sometime. Please don't be shy ... tell stories ... What's it like camping in the south? I'm one who has been raised in the PNW and has a strong curiosity about the opposite corner of our country ... I wanna come visit and know I'll learn a lot from your posts.

Again, welcome .... we are all friendly here.

Tom
Old 01-31-2017, 11:30 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Should have been more specific - most Casita owners going to an Escape jump for a larger trailer.
If buying new, it was explained to me that there was not "enough" difference between a 17' Casita and a 19' Escape to make the financial investment. But there is between the 17' Casita and a 21' Escape.

I wonder how what the split is? I'm sure not every 17' Casita owner bought the 21'.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote