Hello from coastal NC - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
The excitement on the drive out will make you want to get there sooner and afterwards you can relax on the return trip.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Roll them

Quote:
Originally Posted by renglish6 View Post
Thanks Moaboy. 600 a day might be tough for me and the wife. Will definitely check out Cascades, Jasper and Banff.
The bonus to making time going out is that once you get to South Dakota you can drive 80
Miles an hour and better across SD, through the corner of Wyoming, and across Montana.till you get to Missoula. A thousand mile day is possible if you’re up to it, all in daylight. Helps the average. Remeber reasonable and proper? Those were the days. Hammer down.
Iowa Dave

Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #13

Trailer: New Escape 19 on order
Since you made the trip from NC let me ask you how you handled the registration of the vehicle. I am being told importing is not a problem but getting the registration is tricky. Can you help?
renglish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #14

Trailer: New Escape 19 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
I drove from anther home in Florida, but then did eventually return to NC, where I keep my Escape. I stayed at hotels, and hit it pretty hard around 600 miles a day. I knew I could take it easy after I got the Escape. It took me 5-6 days. Can't say it was a lot if fun, but worth it.
Picked up my Escape camped in the Cascades, then went to the Escape Rally in Osoyoos, BC. Enjoyed the rally, but then I got lucky with my pick up date being close to the Rally date.
From there I went up to Alaska and returned home 2 months later. A trip of a lifetime as they say. Since one is already out West, good time to explore out there. I would especially recommend the area around Jasper and Banff National Parks. One does not have to go all the way to Alaska for beautiful scenery. I would highly recommend the Cascades National Park as well. Enjoy, the Escape makes a very comfortable adventure vehicle!
Someone around here was telling us registering the trailer in NC can be tricky. We don't want to head right back but don't know if we will be registered for the trip back. Know how to handle this?
renglish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:32 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by renglish6 View Post
Happy to be joining Escape family. My wife and I just ordered the 19 and we couldn't be more excited. If you told me I'd be driving over 3000 miles to pick up an RV I'd have called you crazy. But we can't wait. I am an engineer close to retirement and my lovely wife is a retired school teacher. Extended camping is our dream. We shopped carefully for our camper and feel Escape is the perfect choice. My wife and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Ha! I was born and raised in Jacksonville . . . now retired in Wenatchee, WA.
43 years on the West Coast.

Chuck

citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote