Hello from coastal NC - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #1

Trailer: New Escape 19 on order
Hello from coastal NC

Happy to be joining Escape family. My wife and I just ordered the 19 and we couldn't be more excited. If you told me I'd be driving over 3000 miles to pick up an RV I'd have called you crazy. But we can't wait. I am an engineer close to retirement and my lovely wife is a retired school teacher. Extended camping is our dream. We shopped carefully for our camper and feel Escape is the perfect choice. My wife and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
renglish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Congratulations!!! Don't have to ask yourselves where you two will be heading next summer... You two will love the choice you made!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You shopped the right place! Have fun with the options!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:16 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
As another from North Carolina, congratulations! We ordered our Escape in 2013. Didn’t check exact cost of delivery until later in the year. After getting the cost from Escape, I decided to spend the delivery money on the trip of a lifetime. We took off on my first day of retirement. 6 days up and 9 weeks back! By the time we got home we were pretty experienced RV’ers having never had one before. We kept the average tow to about 150 miles per day and only stayed in 1 commercial campground. Enjoy the build sheet, planning and then executing your plan.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21' and 2017 F150 3.5 eco boost
Welcome to the forum. We just ordered a 21 ft. We have already submitted our build sheet and Sharon is picking fabrics. We have an early June completion date, but we hope we get moved up. We'll be starting from N.C. too. Keep us posted on your progress.
Brad and Sharon
oldsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
As another from North Carolina, congratulations! We ordered our Escape in 2013. Didn’t check exact cost of delivery until later in the year. After getting the cost from Escape, I decided to spend the delivery money on the trip of a lifetime. We took off on my first day of retirement. 6 days up and 9 weeks back! By the time we got home we were pretty experienced RV’ers having never had one before. We kept the average tow to about 150 miles per day and only stayed in 1 commercial campground. Enjoy the build sheet, planning and then executing your plan.
Thanks. Your story sounds just like us. Traveling to BC is part of the adventure and we love the western parks. Especially Yellowstone. And we have even thought of picking up the trailer and heading north. BC is supposed to be beautiful. What were some of the best spots on your trip back to NC. By the way we are Bob and Diane.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:46 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Welcome!
I picked up my Escape earlier this Summer and went on up North to Alaska. I've always wanted to go and I was more than half way there, so why not? Great trip. Escape performed flawlessly. I too love the West. Escape does very well boondocking. Enjoy!
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
Welcome!
I picked up my Escape earlier this Summer and went on up North to Alaska. I've always wanted to go and I was more than half way there, so why not? Great trip. Escape performed flawlessly. I too love the West. Escape does very well boondocking. Enjoy!
That sounds wonderful. How long did you take on the trip to BC? Did you stay at hotels? We are thinking about shorter easier days but then the trip can take longer and hotels add up. The trip over is part of the adventure but we will be so looking forward to getting the trailer.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
I drove from anther home in Florida, but then did eventually return to NC, where I keep my Escape. I stayed at hotels, and hit it pretty hard around 600 miles a day. I knew I could take it easy after I got the Escape. It took me 5-6 days. Can't say it was a lot if fun, but worth it.
Picked up my Escape camped in the Cascades, then went to the Escape Rally in Osoyoos, BC. Enjoyed the rally, but then I got lucky with my pick up date being close to the Rally date.
From there I went up to Alaska and returned home 2 months later. A trip of a lifetime as they say. Since one is already out West, good time to explore out there. I would especially recommend the area around Jasper and Banff National Parks. One does not have to go all the way to Alaska for beautiful scenery. I would highly recommend the Cascades National Park as well. Enjoy, the Escape makes a very comfortable adventure vehicle!
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #10

Thanks Moaboy. 600 a day might be tough for me and the wife. Will definitely check out Cascades, Jasper and Banff.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The excitement on the drive out will make you want to get there sooner and afterwards you can relax on the return trip.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:54 AM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Roll them

Quote:
Originally Posted by renglish6 View Post
Thanks Moaboy. 600 a day might be tough for me and the wife. Will definitely check out Cascades, Jasper and Banff.
The bonus to making time going out is that once you get to South Dakota you can drive 80
Miles an hour and better across SD, through the corner of Wyoming, and across Montana.till you get to Missoula. A thousand mile day is possible if you’re up to it, all in daylight. Helps the average. Remeber reasonable and proper? Those were the days. Hammer down.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #13

Since you made the trip from NC let me ask you how you handled the registration of the vehicle. I am being told importing is not a problem but getting the registration is tricky. Can you help?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
I drove from anther home in Florida, but then did eventually return to NC, where I keep my Escape. I stayed at hotels, and hit it pretty hard around 600 miles a day. I knew I could take it easy after I got the Escape. It took me 5-6 days. Can't say it was a lot if fun, but worth it.
Picked up my Escape camped in the Cascades, then went to the Escape Rally in Osoyoos, BC. Enjoyed the rally, but then I got lucky with my pick up date being close to the Rally date.
From there I went up to Alaska and returned home 2 months later. A trip of a lifetime as they say. Since one is already out West, good time to explore out there. I would especially recommend the area around Jasper and Banff National Parks. One does not have to go all the way to Alaska for beautiful scenery. I would highly recommend the Cascades National Park as well. Enjoy, the Escape makes a very comfortable adventure vehicle!
Someone around here was telling us registering the trailer in NC can be tricky. We don't want to head right back but don't know if we will be registered for the trip back. Know how to handle this?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:32 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by renglish6 View Post
Happy to be joining Escape family. My wife and I just ordered the 19 and we couldn't be more excited. If you told me I'd be driving over 3000 miles to pick up an RV I'd have called you crazy. But we can't wait. I am an engineer close to retirement and my lovely wife is a retired school teacher. Extended camping is our dream. We shopped carefully for our camper and feel Escape is the perfect choice. My wife and I look forward to chatting with all of you.
Ha! I was born and raised in Jacksonville . . . now retired in Wenatchee, WA.
43 years on the West Coast.

Chuck
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote