Hello From Florida West Coast Future Fulltimer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1
Hello From Florida West Coast Future Fulltimer

My wife and I will be going full time December 2019 and we are counting down the days -- anybody know a good RV Countdown timer, LOL?

We are currently in the stage of getting rid of our stuff. Anybody want anything? Wow, it is much easier said then done.

I'm thinking of contacting a company called Downsizeology where they might just come and take all my stuff away and pay me for the privilege. Sweet, I hope my stuff is good enough to at least make a few bucks.

Couple of major things I'll be getting rid of is my 20' Grady White boat with a 250 hp Yamaha motor. It in includes a camping package with dinghy and spare motor. Another thing is the wife's 2015 loaded Kia Rio with about 10,000 miles. Now, she only drives it to the doctors and rarely to Walmart for groceries.

Let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks,

Michael
RVMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Welcome, when my In laws moved to FL. they took along nearly nothing, used an auction co. to do the job.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #3

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
My wife and I will be going full time December 2019 and we are counting down the days -- anybody know a good RV Countdown timer, LOL?

We are currently in the stage of getting rid of our stuff. Anybody want anything? Wow, it is much easier said then done.

I'm thinking of contacting a company called Downsizeology where they might just come and take all my stuff away and pay me for the privilege. Sweet, I hope my stuff is good enough to at least make a few bucks.

Couple of major things I'll be getting rid of is my 20' Grady White boat with a 250 hp Yamaha motor. It in includes a camping package with dinghy and spare motor. Another thing is the wife's 2015 loaded Kia Rio with about 10,000 miles. Now, she only drives it to the doctors and rarely to Walmart for groceries.

Let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks,

Michael

One thing you might consider doing if you like the area in Bradenton that you live in would be to rent out your house for one year. I have friends who did what you are planning and sold everything including the house and after about 8 months decided they made a big mistake. Furniture, vehicles and boats can be picked up used for a good price but houses where they want to settle back down in are at a premium and often cash only deals for the few on the market.
After a year or so you should have an idea of how it is working out. If still undecided rent the house out another year.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
My friends in Tampa are embarking on the same journey right now and they hope to be on the road in their new 5th wheel and truck by April. I have been following their progress as we have already begun getting rid of stuff and we’re 2 years out before we go on the road. I like Wetzk suggestion to rent ur house out for a year just in case, unless your done with the area and want to move on anyway.
Keep posting as you progress as I will enjoy following your prep.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
One thing you might consider doing if you like the area in Bradenton that you live in would be to rent out your house for one year. I have friends who did what you are planning and sold everything including the house and after about 8 months decided they made a big mistake. Furniture, vehicles and boats can be picked up used for a good price but houses where they want to settle back down in are at a premium and often cash only deals for the few on the market.
After a year or so you should have an idea of how it is working out. If still undecided rent the house out another year.
I'm currently renting an apartment and my lease will be up Dec. 2019. The location of my 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment is what I would miss the most. Out the back door I have a million dollar view facing west over water (beautiful sunsets) and 75 feet out my front door is my boat with in water storage for an extra $20 a month. My furniture is really not that good, except I bought and had installed my own 25 year top of the line carpet a couple of years ago.
RVMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
This is also part of our plan but I guess we would never be called 'full timers' since we plant to keep a home base and spend at least a 1/3 of the year there. Now home base will be a place we have on a lake so that will be enjoyable but we also have grand kids we will want to see. We just know when we can finally call it quits we have things we want to see and do and we enjoy spending time in our camper so can't wait until that time for sure.
Do you plan on working at all while on the road? We are considering camp hosting but will admit many want longer commitments then I'm willing to give to one place. Just for the heck of it I want to work the sugar beat harvest one year, may also consider the Amazon gig for one season. I have a semi son in law that is an executive there so would hope to get one of their better options.
I've been watching a lot of you tube videos on people 'full timing' and so far have seen very few that seem to complain much about its so.......... enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote