Hello From Fremont, Ca. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 escape
Hello To all. We have just returned from a trip to Africa and while on the ship of all things had an espresso with a guest. We got to talking about camping, which led to RVs and then 5th Wheels. Then he said he had done a lot of research and the best 5th wheel and the right size was his escape which was not the dual axle. He had such conviction I felt I should find out more. I went back to the cabin and started reading about Escape and in particular the 5.0TA. Then I decided to join the forum. I look forward to meeting members who are in and around the bay area to actually visit and meet with them and their escape.
easytravelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome! There are a number of Escape owners in your region including one who just picked up, I believe. When you have a good idea of which model you would be most interested in --- 5.0 ? --- there should be someone to show one. If not, you can call Escape Trailer and they will give you names and numbers.

I recall someone had been in Zimbabwe maybe but do not know the name. Expect it was a fantastic trip.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard.

You mention this fellow had great conviction regarding his Escape 5.0. A good term, and what many others beers have towards there own Escapes, of all sizes.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 escape 21
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Hi All, After extensive research, Debbie and I decided on a 21 in August. Our delivery date is August '16.
We've done a lot of tent camping over the years, and for a 5 year period in the late 80's, owned an older Airstream. I have been an avid reader of this forum since August, and I want to thank everybody for their contributions. I have learned so much, and I'm sure the education is just beginning.
I will continue to be an avid reader, and maybe when our build date is closer and my experience level increases, I will even make a few posts. Until then, thanks to everyone for their generosity of sharing and thoughtful explanations.

Steve and Debbie Clark
Steve and Debbie: I grew up in Fremont, graduated from Mission '70! We picked up our Escape 21 last March and loving it. Started with a Casita 17... It's fairly loaded.. Stay on top of the exchange rate and forecasts so you pull the trigger at the right time and u can save thousands!!! We did! Enjoy! Gary Coverdale
covey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #25

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Hi Gary, I bet we knew a lot of the same people. I was Class of '70, Irvington. We've never moved away!
Yeah, We paid for almost all of our 21 several months ago, when the exchange rate was 74%. I know it's even lower now. We'll have a small balance when we pick up in April (we were moved up 4 months). Having a great time now planning our trip. We're going to take Hwy 20, come over the Port Townsend Ferry, then spend 6 days on the Olympic Peninsula. We'll arrive in Oregon just in time for the Spring NOG in Waterloo. Then we'll spend another 7-10 days coming down the Oregon and Ca. coasts before arriving home in early May. With this wet winter we're having, I'm packing a good poncho!

Good to hear from you from the mountains of Placerville!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytravelman View Post
Hello To all. We have just returned from a trip to Africa and while on the ship of all things had an espresso with a guest. We got to talking about camping, which led to RVs and then 5th Wheels. Then he said he had done a lot of research and the best 5th wheel and the right size was his escape which was not the dual axle. He had such conviction I felt I should find out more. I went back to the cabin and started reading about Escape and in particular the 5.0TA. Then I decided to join the forum. I look forward to meeting members who are in and around the bay area to actually visit and meet with them and their escape.
Welcome Easytravelman.
You won't have to go to the bay area to see Escapes! Are we going to add another member to the California Crew?
Old 01-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #27

Hello, I think I wrote that wrong. I live in the bay area and was wanting to meet some of my local Californians who have an Escape and to just say Hi.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #28

Because you put your location as Placerville, I thought you were here in our neck of the woods.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #29

Let me clarify. I live in the Bay Area but I also have a ranch in Placerville on the consumnes river, which were at 3 or 4 months a year. So, it would be great to visit some Escape owners who are near Placerville as well as the Bay area.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #30

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Steve and Debbie,
congrats and hello from the other side of San Francisco Bay.
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #31

Thank-You 7th Heaven,

We are in Palo Alto all the time. Our daughter works there and Deb and I donate blood at the Stanford Blood Bank. I also enjoy round trip bike rides over the Dumbarton Bridge. Things are moving pretty fast for our April pick-up!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #32

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
There seem to be a number of Escapes now or soon in the Bay Area and eastward to the Sacramento area. Should we try for a meetup? I can suggest that we co-opt the meetup in Fallen Leaf Lake Campout? https://www.facebook.com/events/713269012137067/ We're going. I know it says vintage trailer campout and we used to have one which is why we know about it but anyone can go. Or make another suggestion. Anyone have a favorite place closer to the Bay Area?
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #33

Scamp owners have gatherings in the Sierra foothills twice a year, and they are not fussy as to who goes. (Obviously, because they let me.) Nice people and fun things to do at your own speed.
Forums | Scamp Owners International
Old 01-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #34

P.S. : Casita Club - Casita Travel Trailer Owners and Prospective Owners
and http://www.fiberglassrv.com/ are other sites with gatherings as well, some of which are not too far away.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #35

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Welcome! Were a few hours south of you in Morro Bay. ��
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
There seem to be a number of Escapes now or soon in the Bay Area and eastward to the Sacramento area. Should we try for a meetup? I can suggest that we co-opt the meetup in Fallen Leaf Lake Campout? https://www.facebook.com/events/713269012137067/ We're going. I know it says vintage trailer campout and we used to have one which is why we know about it but anyone can go. Or make another suggestion. Anyone have a favorite place closer to the Bay Area?
Thanks for the info Bill, We would really like to get together with you and other Ca. Folks, but we can't make that weekend. The kids are out of school and we will be back from Chilliwack, and we promised to take our granddaughters to the coast that 4-5 day period. Been to Fallen Leaf and really like that lake and wooded area, but have never camped there. Lots to do there and surrounding area. Good to hear from you guys!