Hello from Missouri - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #1
KMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Turners, Missouri
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Posts: 5
Hello from Missouri

Hello to everyone. I'm communicating with Melisa at Escape about purchasing their showroom 5.0TA. My wife and I live in the Midwest but have our property for sale and will relocate to the PNW soon. We used to live near Vancouver, WA and are looking forward to living in Washington again. I purchased a new Toyota Tundra Limited double cab 4x4 TRD with a 6 1/2' bed to pull the trailer. Our plan is to put our possessions into storage and explore WA to find a small community to live in and enjoy our retirement. I will also travel to MD Anderson in Houston TX once monthly for a year and I think the trailer will work well. I'm planning on having a gooseneck hitch installed on my truck then use Andersen's ultimate hitch with the trailer. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks, Kevin
__________________

KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 14
Welcome!

First off, you are in good hands, the best, at MD Anderson. FWIW, a buddy of mine is going through the drill with those guys right now--the monthly visit business. They drive in from New Mexico (2 day drive) and stay in long term accommodations fairly close to the Medical Center. Since the Medical Center is close to downtown I'm not sure how practical it would be to use the fifth wheel as a base for those trips, if that's what you've got in mind. Maybe, I'm just not sure.

Also, FWIW, my mother-in-law was treated for cancer at M.D. Anderson 30 years ago, and she's still with us today (age 92, and with us more in body than mind, but that's a 'hole 'nother issue). So good luck, and once you get past this speed bump on life's road, enjoy the new life in the PNW.
__________________

Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2017 19 ďLillyĒ
Posts: 820
Welcome, Kevin, and congrats on both your pending retirement as well as choice of an Escape. Also on your plans for WA state. There are some great communities in these parts. But donít tell everyone else or itíll disappear under the urban sprawl so common everywhere these days. Too late for Seattle.
__________________
There is no such thing as political correctness. Just correctness.
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA on order, 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 146
Hi Kevin, welcome! I've known a number of people who underwent treatment and follow-up at MD Anderson and all had outstanding results and nothing but good things to say, wishing the same for you.

We are having a 5.0TA built and visited ETI's showroom a couple of months ago. We spent an entire day in the floor model, looking at every detail to plan our options. I took a bunch of photos - if you'd be interested in having them, since you are considering purchasing that trailer, PM me your email address and I'll be happy to send them to you or set up a Dropbox folder for them if you are a Dropbox user.
__________________
David, Mary, and 3 Cats
Austin, Texas
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
KMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Turners, Missouri
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Posts: 5
Thank you for the welcome and encouragement about MD Anderson. We have friends that live just north of Houston (The Woodlands) and we will park there then stay at the Rotary House Hotel attached to the hospital. Wonderful place to stay! The trailer will be nice on the road exploring new routes. My best to your mother.
Thanks, Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
Welcome!

First off, you are in good hands, the best, at MD Anderson. FWIW, a buddy of mine is going through the drill with those guys right now--the monthly visit business. They drive in from New Mexico (2 day drive) and stay in long term accommodations fairly close to the Medical Center. Since the Medical Center is close to downtown I'm not sure how practical it would be to use the fifth wheel as a base for those trips, if that's what you've got in mind. Maybe, I'm just not sure.

Also, FWIW, my mother-in-law was treated for cancer at M.D. Anderson 30 years ago, and she's still with us today (age 92, and with us more in body than mind, but that's a 'hole 'nother issue). So good luck, and once you get past this speed bump on life's road, enjoy the new life in the PNW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG View Post
Hello to everyone. I'm communicating with Melisa at Escape about purchasing their showroom 5.0TA. My wife and I live in the Midwest but have our property for sale and will relocate to the PNW soon. We used to live near Vancouver, WA and are looking forward to living in Washington again. I purchased a new Toyota Tundra Limited double cab 4x4 TRD with a 6 1/2' bed to pull the trailer. Our plan is to put our possessions into storage and explore WA to find a small community to live in and enjoy our retirement. I will also travel to MD Anderson in Houston TX once monthly for a year and I think the trailer will work well. I'm planning on having a gooseneck hitch installed on my truck then use Andersen's ultimate hitch with the trailer. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks, Kevin
KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
KMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Turners, Missouri
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Posts: 5
Thanks for the welcome.
I've been retired for 3 years and my wife can retire in May.
We're excited to return to WA. Our oldest son just moved to Seattle after he graduated from college. Our youngest is a senior at the University of Washington in Seattle. Living closer to them will be awesome. Not looking to live in Seattle. Somewhere around 200-250 miles away would be perfect.
Take care, Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Welcome, Kevin, and congrats on both your pending retirement as well as choice of an Escape. Also on your plans for WA state. There are some great communities in these parts. But donít tell everyone else or itíll disappear under the urban sprawl so common everywhere these days. Too late for Seattle.
KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
KMG
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Turners, Missouri
Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Posts: 5
Thank you for the hello and well wishes. I'd love to see any pictures of their trailer! I sent an email. Not sure what a Dropbox is? New version of a photo bucket?
Thanks again, Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Hi Kevin, welcome! I've known a number of people who underwent treatment and follow-up at MD Anderson and all had outstanding results and nothing but good things to say, wishing the same for you.

We are having a 5.0TA built and visited ETI's showroom a couple of months ago. We spent an entire day in the floor model, looking at every detail to plan our options. I took a bunch of photos - if you'd be interested in having them, since you are considering purchasing that trailer, PM me your email address and I'll be happy to send them to you or set up a Dropbox folder for them if you are a Dropbox user.
__________________

KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.