Hello from northern Michigan - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Hello from northern Michigan

Greetings Escapees and Escapee-wanta-bees! We’ve been lurking for quite awhile, soaking up the information and stoking our enthusiasm. This April we secured a 19’ May 2017 production date and took a factory tour with Reese. The product, operation and people involved confirmed our reasons why we chose Escape!

While there, we met Mesa from Colorado taking delivery on their new trailer. Thanks again Mesa for letting us see your new 19! We read your returning home thread and are glad to hear you arrive safely and are happy with your purchase.

Well it’s time now for us to work on our build sheet, keep an eye on the exchange rate and prepare our low mileage ’09 Ford Explorer TV. You can be sure if we’ve questions, we’ll ask here and/or ECI. In the meantime, thank you for this forum. We appreciate the insights, expertise and camaraderie you offer.
We're looking forward to being fellow Escapees and possibly meeting you on the road!

Jan & Bob
Traverse City MI
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congrats Jan and Bob! We hope you'll love your 19 as much as we do ours.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I am fond of the area in the NW section of the Lower P. We've camped at several of the state parks in that area as well as the Sleeping Bear Dunes and all the way up to Leelanaw. The UP is great as well. We hope to get a chance to meet you at a rally sometime. It's not a bad
run over to Niagara Falls from where you are at or to several other popular rallies. Best of luck on your build sheet, we've certainly enjoyed our 19 and look forward to this season with great anticipation.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Welcome. The UP (which should be part of Wisconsin) is one of our very favorite places to camp. We have been to the Porkies several times and its a place I could go back to every year. I hope you can make it to the Mississippi Rally this year.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

I've never been to the
Porkies or Isle Royal but it is on my camping list. Tahquenamon Falls is a great park. I get all jabbed up there and do a dramatic reading from Hiawatha. Part of the campers are appreciative however most are either disgusted or annoyed. Palms Book
With the Big Spring, Kitchitikeepee,
with those huge Brown trout is a favorite too. So many stops, so little
time. Wait! I'm retired
Dave
Old 04-30-2016, 06:57 PM   #6

I thought Wisconsin was going to buy the U.P with revenues from their overpriced camping?
Dave
Old 04-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Excitement, excitement! Congratulations!!! Now wonder and ponder over the build sheet. Best wishes!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Traverse City is hardly "Northern Michigan". It's still in Troll Country, after all . Maybe everything north of Detroit is considered "northern"?

Doug (ex-Yooper)
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I thought Wisconsin was going to buy the U.P with revenues from their overpriced camping?
Dave
Wisconsin? Buy anything? You must be thinking of Minnesota, you know, the one with the good economy.......

Tahquenamon Falls, only state park I've ever been too with its own on-site brew pub.

So Doug where do you get pasties in BC?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
Greetings Escapees and Escapee-wanta-bees!
And a hearty welcome to you guts too. Congrats on your 19 order.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Thank you for the warm welcome! We are in awe of the other parts of this vast and varied continent. There are so many wonderful places to visit and great people to meet. Just one of the many reasons why we want to Escape.

We’re up for a little friendly border sparring. We did after all receive statehood, a little chump change and the U.P. (sorry Wisconsin) for having our southernmost land taken by Ohio and Indiana. In the long run we got the better deal.

Warning! Michiganders have been known to periodically shout “Go Blue!” or “Go Sparty!” for no particular reason. Seems we may suffer from sports induced Tourette’s.

And yes, us trolls (we who live under the Mackinac Bridge) do consider anything this side of Clare as northern Michigan. Go Sparty! Go Blue!

Jan & Bob
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #12

Hmmmmm
As a matte of full disclosure which is only fair, we need to confirm that two of our three kids did in fact graduate
from THE Ohio State University bringing us much joy and a couple of those glass footballs in the past 15 years. GO BUCKS! (Daughter # 1 University of Utah PhD.)
Dave & Rita
Old 05-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hmmmmm
As a matte of full disclosure which is only fair, we need to confirm that two of our three kids did in fact graduate
from THE Ohio State University bringing us much joy and a couple of those glass footballs in the past 15 years. GO BUCKS! (Daughter # 1 University of Utah PhD.)
Dave & Rita
You don't tell that out loud in the Hawkeye/Cyclone State do you?

Old 05-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #14

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Wisconsin? Buy anything? You must be thinking of Minnesota, you know, the one with the good economy.......

Tahquenamon Falls, only state park I've ever been too with its own on-site brew pub.

So Doug where do you get pasties in BC?
I don't know of anyplace that has them, unfortunately. There was an outfit in Hancock that offered to send them via a courier service but that was years ago. We just have to suffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post
Warning! Michiganders have been known to periodically shout “Go Blue!” or “Go Sparty!” for no particular reason. Seems we may suffer from sports induced Tourette’s.

And yes, us trolls (we who live under the Mackinac Bridge) do consider anything this side of Clare as northern Michigan. Go Sparty! Go Blue!

Jan & Bob
Those may work for football, but there's nothing like the Copper Country Anthem to get the hockey juices flowing. As an alum of Michigan Tech, the best rivalries were between Tech and both MSU and UofM. Sure do miss those days

ps I'm not going to discuss Wisconsin

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #15

Tahquenamon Falls restaurant with microbrewery. I asked our waiter if they really got enough business to keep the brewery going and he smiled and replied "snowmobilers".
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0342.jpg  

Old 05-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Congrats Jan & Bob. Though you're not yoopers where Wisconsin and Michigan blood intermingle we still may run into you somewhere soon. We likely won't pick our 19 until May 2017 so maybe we'll orient around same time.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Having been born a yooper, I was a little disappointed when I read the fine print and learned that northern Michigan did not mean U.P.

But we also have fond memories of the Traverse City area, from visiting my brother a few decades ago when he ran the radio station at Interlochen Arts Camp.

Leaving there, we also enjoyed the adventure of the ferry boat crossing Lake Michigan to Wisconsin. We left the lounge for the outside decks after our son stood up quickly, just in time to avoid getting plastered by a kid who was sick in back of our sofa. After that it was fine.

Art and Kathy
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote