Hello from South Florida - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Hello from South Florida

I have been lurking on the forum for quite a while, and thought it time to step forward. My wife and I are still about 5 years out from retirement, but have decided to get a travel trailer sooner rather than later. We hope that taking local short trips will help make the last few years more bearable, as well as give us some experience before heading out on long excursions.

I had done about all the research I can without actually stepping in a fiberglass trailer, but got that opportunity yesterday when visiting a Scamp Camp get together at Sebring, which is just a couple hours away. C&G in FL happened to be there with their beautiful 5.0TA and graciously gave us a tour and answered our many questions. They couldn't have been nicer, and we loved the quality of their trailer. Seeing one in person was awesome.

We also met a very nice couple with a Casita, and was able to tour that as well. Even though it was brand new and well-optioned, it was pretty disappointing after C&G's Escape. It was great to be able to see these two specimens on the same day, and really cemented in our minds that an Escape was in our future!

I plan to try to put a deposit on a 19 once they start taking orders again, and look forward to pestering you all with questions!

Garland & Lou Ann
FlaGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Welcome to the forum! And pester away. Lots of good folks on here willing to answer questions. My wife and I did the same thing, looked at a scamp, than a casita, than a escape, The scamp and casita were nice, but the escape was , great! Will be picking up a 21 this fall.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Very smart to buy it now instead of waiting another 5 years. We are in the same boat and will use it for short trips first. Sooo looking forward to the pick up day. Be on the ball April 1th!!! Might be busy at ETI. Best wishes and good luck for both of you. Enjoy the journey!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21NE (our third Escape)
@ FlaGman - Me too. I have a plant visit planned for 5/10 (or 11) I will be in line on 4/1/16 when orders are accepted. If you are in a rush, there's an unusual circumstance / opportunity in the classified section of this forum.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Hi Garland. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on April 1st!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
If you are like me, once you get a trailer and start taking short trips you will want to retire asap. I retire on March 10. Once we got our trailer I uped my retirement date by a year or two.

Larry
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19'
Congratulations and welcome aboard. I never had any experience with a trailer at all and after my research I settled on Escape, just like you and have never, I mean never been disappointed. Short trips are fabulous, since even after 30 miles you feel a long way from home. Pester away as you will receive the very same honest and helpful input that we received as we were making our decision. We all enjoy being involved in the making of another Escapist. Looking forward to seeing you at the rally!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I feel very fortunate to have actually seen an Escape in person, as I think there are only a few in Florida.
FlaGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome, Garland! Congrats on your decision to order an Escape 19. Nice unit.

Glad you had a chance to view Carl's trailer, so you could see first hand what Escape's are like. Stick around here, and we can help you spend (or save) your money on the various options.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome! I met a Floridian a few years back that had ordered and bought an Escape sight unseen. Boy was he a happy camper.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'd say about 50% owners here have done the same
Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yep, that was me 8 years ago when the 19 was announced. I went on customer satisfaction, and a wee bit of discourse with Reace.

Oh, and the fact they were coming out with a new layout that suited our wants better than any other.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
And the first dozen or so of the first 5.0TA owners
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
And the first dozen or so of the first 5.0TA owners
But, you had seen other Escapes. There is a bunch of folks like me who had never seen one at all before ordering.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 21
I have been emailing with a couple we met in Yosemite last summer who own a 21' escape. Last week they were in Myakka. Not sure how long they plan to stay.
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGman View Post
I have been lurking on the forum for quite a while, and thought it time to step forward. My wife and I are still about 5 years out from retirement, but have decided to get a travel trailer sooner rather than later. We hope that taking local short trips will help make the last few years more bearable, as well as give us some experience before heading out on long excursions.

I had done about all the research I can without actually stepping in a fiberglass trailer, but got that opportunity yesterday when visiting a Scamp Camp get together at Sebring, which is just a couple hours away. C&G in FL happened to be there with their beautiful 5.0TA and graciously gave us a tour and answered our many questions. They couldn't have been nicer, and we loved the quality of their trailer. Seeing one in person was awesome.

We also met a very nice couple with a Casita, and was able to tour that as well. Even though it was brand new and well-optioned, it was pretty disappointing after C&G's Escape. It was great to be able to see these two specimens on the same day, and really cemented in our minds that an Escape was in our future!

I plan to try to put a deposit on a 19 once they start taking orders again, and look forward to pestering you all with questions!

Garland & Lou Ann

We will be in Lake Kissimmee SP for a few days in early March to attend a few spring training games. If you want a tour of our 19 PM me.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
HI Garland,
We have a 21 and are in Myakka SP near Sarasota. Last night walking the campground we noticed two Escape 19's. So there are opportunities here for seeing a couple different types of Escape here. We are in Old Prairie loop until Monday.
John
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #18

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
I was into the Casita too first. Got a chance see one just around the corner from where I live. I was a bit content with it, even though I had zero headroom in it. I then had a chance to see an Escape 19 with a cover on it, so really only saw the interior. Wife & daughter signed off on the interior space, and the headroom was perfect since I just break the six foot mark.

I then searched the Internet to try and find any customer service problems with ETI, since the industry seems to have it's fair share of problems, and couldn't find any.

I'm 15yrs away from retirement and so happy to own a second home on wheels. The 5.0TA is a beautiful trailer.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote