Hello from South Florida - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Old 02-14-2016, 07:46 AM   #1
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Hello from South Florida

I have been lurking on the forum for quite a while, and thought it time to step forward. My wife and I are still about 5 years out from retirement, but have decided to get a travel trailer sooner rather than later. We hope that taking local short trips will help make the last few years more bearable, as well as give us some experience before heading out on long excursions.

I had done about all the research I can without actually stepping in a fiberglass trailer, but got that opportunity yesterday when visiting a Scamp Camp get together at Sebring, which is just a couple hours away. C&G in FL happened to be there with their beautiful 5.0TA and graciously gave us a tour and answered our many questions. They couldn't have been nicer, and we loved the quality of their trailer. Seeing one in person was awesome.

We also met a very nice couple with a Casita, and was able to tour that as well. Even though it was brand new and well-optioned, it was pretty disappointing after C&G's Escape. It was great to be able to see these two specimens on the same day, and really cemented in our minds that an Escape was in our future!

I plan to try to put a deposit on a 19 once they start taking orders again, and look forward to pestering you all with questions!

Garland & Lou Ann

FlaGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #2
Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Welcome to the forum! And pester away. Lots of good folks on here willing to answer questions. My wife and I did the same thing, looked at a scamp, than a casita, than a escape, The scamp and casita were nice, but the escape was , great! Will be picking up a 21 this fall.

Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight"
Very smart to buy it now instead of waiting another 5 years. We are in the same boat and will use it for short trips first. Sooo looking forward to the pick up day. Be on the ball April 1th!!! Might be busy at ETI. Best wishes and good luck for both of you. Enjoy the journey!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
Trailer: Shopping
@ FlaGman - Me too. I have a plant visit planned for 5/10 (or 11) I will be in line on 4/1/16 when orders are accepted. If you are in a rush, there's an unusual circumstance / opportunity in the classified section of this forum.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Hi Garland. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on April 1st!
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
If you are like me, once you get a trailer and start taking short trips you will want to retire asap. I retire on March 10. Once we got our trailer I uped my retirement date by a year or two.

LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
Trailer: 2013 19'
Congratulations and welcome aboard. I never had any experience with a trailer at all and after my research I settled on Escape, just like you and have never, I mean never been disappointed. Short trips are fabulous, since even after 30 miles you feel a long way from home. Pester away as you will receive the very same honest and helpful input that we received as we were making our decision. We all enjoy being involved in the making of another Escapist. Looking forward to seeing you at the rally!
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #8
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I feel very fortunate to have actually seen an Escape in person, as I think there are only a few in Florida.
FlaGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #9
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome, Garland! Congrats on your decision to order an Escape 19. Nice unit.

Glad you had a chance to view Carl's trailer, so you could see first hand what Escape's are like. Stick around here, and we can help you spend (or save) your money on the various options.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26 )
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #10
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
Welcome! I met a Floridian a few years back that had ordered and bought an Escape sight unseen. Boy was he a happy camper.

Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote