Hello from suburbs of Chicago - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #11

Trailer: 19' Escape- 2016 -(NEW 2017 model)
Options, options

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Addie,
Some of the things you like about the Escape are options, so be careful in thinking all models have the things you desire.....
Very true, Jim... I'm looking at the options, and researching them. This will probably lead to more questions in other forums! Also, I appreciated hearing the tow info.
Have a great afternoon!

Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #12

Hi Laura, Gary, and Jim-
I just wanted to add that I am now also researching a rental camper for the rally. I'm hoping to see a variety of Escape trailers there. And judging from these forums, looking forward meeting a great bunch of folks! Thank, all!

Old 09-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #13

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Staying warm

You mentioned how you need to stay warm. Several years ago I bought a fuzzy zebra patterned throw from Sears that's electrical. Basically a small electric blanket. It's great for snuggling with on the daybed with the kitty. She loves the fuzzy fabric and many times I love the warmth of it when it's plugged in. It's too short to sleep with at night (for me, as I'm 5'10"), but it could work for you when you're lounging around the trailer. And when you're plugged in to shore power.

Have fun at the rally!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19
FYI - I'm in Lemont (right near Lemont Road and I-55), and have a 2014 Escape 19. You're welcome to come check it out.

However, we'll be leaving this Friday for the Mississippi River Escape Rally and will be gone for a couple weeks.

Many folks have towed a 19 with vehicles that have similar tow ratings as your vehicle. It's worth understanding the math for your particular situation (ie towing capacity, payload capacity).

While I am a fan of the Escape trailers, I thought a feature that might be of interest to you is the Lil Snoozy trailer that offers a wide entrance to fit the mobility scooters (if that is a consideration for you).

Good luck on your shopping, travels, and with your health of course!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #15

Wonderful advice!

Hi Laura, thanks for the hint about the plug-in blanket. I've got three of those spread around the house! Yes, very helpful for my painful and cold muscles. The problem is, navigating around the trailer and still keeping warm! I could get one of those battery-powered heated vests and booties however. Also, a small plug-in heater. All-in-all, the insulated Escape would definitely be better for me, however.

Sm, I appreciate your advice about the lil Snoozy. Thankfully, I am not at the point of using a power chair right now. The snoozy has had problems with hazing/ cracking along with a few other things, which is why I shied away from them.
I would have to ask ETI if they can eradicate the wardrobe and build a wider door for a power chair ramp. Great thought!
Thanks so much for commenting!
Old 09-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Renting an RV

Artlady, I thought of you when I read this in Sunday's paper. There was a small blurbie about a new website where you can find and rent RVs nationwide. It's supposed to be similar to Airbnb. I haven't check it out (yet), so don't know anything about it.

www.outdoorsy.co (yeah, co, not com)

Holy Cow - there's a 19' Airstream in San Jose listed for $305 a day! Holy Cow, I'm in the wrong business!

Just checked it for the Seattle area - a 1993 Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe for $250 a day! Dang!

Anyway, there might be something that will work for you for the rally.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #17

Hey, Laura! Will check it out, thanx! I also should register on some of the other FG forums to cast a wider net. Did you say you will be at the IL rally? If so, I'll stop by and say hello, if you don't mind.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Hey, Laura! Will check it out, thanx! I also should register on some of the other FG forums to cast a wider net. Did you say you will be at the IL rally? If so, I'll stop by and say hello, if you don't mind.
Nope, not me. We haven't even ordered our trailer yet. Gotta get a few things taken care of first. But once I get the truck and trailer, I plan to start cruising around the country, sightseeing and visiting friends and all that.