Hello from Summit County, Colorado - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19
Smile Hello from Summit County, Colorado

Hi everyone,
I am soon to be the proud owner of a new Escape 19! I want to thank Ray and Theresa in Golden,CO for taking the time to show me their 19 last June.....that really "sealed the deal" for me and I placed a deposit a few days later. The tough part was wrestling with the options sheet. The RV world is new to me, having pretty much been a tent/car camper so next spring and summer should be fun learning the ropes.....can't wait! And being on this Forum with all the friendly and helpful folks looks to be an added bonus!!
Pete

TV is 2016 RAM 1500 5.7L
Old 11-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Welcome Pete, and congrats! You will love the 19. We certainly do. Like you, we had basically no RV experience, but we were long time tent campers. But, 50 plus years on the old body told us we needed something a little more comfortable. Buying an Escape was quite literally one of the best decisions we ever made.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Good News, Pete! 2018 will be a very good year!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Hi Pete, welcome to the forum. Good times ahead!

You may have to adjust the propane regulator to get your refrigerator to work properly on propane at your altitude (9600 ft according to Wikipedia). Here is a recent discussion on this subject: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...ion-10541.html. I contributed post # 57 based on my experience at 8900 ft in the Rocky Mountain National Park.
ThomasG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Congrats on your purchase, Pete. You will love it. And even all the folks with past RV experience struggle with the build sheet. Not too many manufacturers give you this kind of selection.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 19
Smile

Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes......and ,yes, I assumed I'd have to deal with the altitude issue concerning the propane appliances. I live at 10,200FT and have had to deal with this with my propane/natural gas furnace previously. This meant obtaining some blank jets and drilling them to get a correct orifice size. When initially shopping for RVs the dealerships either blew smoke my way or said there would be " no problems".......yeah,ok,sure! Given my location I should have some time to experiment with this issue.......and thanks, Thomas, for providing the link on propane/altitude.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShvr View Post
Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes......and ,yes, I assumed I'd have to deal with the altitude issue concerning the propane appliances. I live at 10,200FT ...
Congratulations on your new toy!

We have taken our 2015 Escape up to the Yampa area, Bear River CG at 9800' a number of times and have not noticed an issue with the propane appliances, at least with respect to combustion. (Someday we will tell you what fell out of the refridgerator and ended up on the floor due to the terrible washboard road, but that is a story for another day. For now I recommend a strap to keep the door closed.)

See you in the high country...

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote