Hello I am new - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
MB

Trailer: None
Hello I am new

I am new to this forum.
We have a old Bigfoot 17ft (1989) that we love, but we are looking to up grade and for us the escape 19 ft would be great.
Read a lot about it but I have never seen one.
I was wandering did some of you order one with out seeing it before?

MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Hi Michele, we were fortunate enough to have a 19 ft in our area to view before we ordered, althougth I think we would have still ordered if we couldn't have. There is just so much info and pictures on this site. The fact that you already have a fiberglass trailer of a similar size you probably have a better idea than most what the Escape will be like. We were looking at 21 ft and 17 ft Bigfoot trailers when we found out about Escape, the second I saw the layout of the 19 Ft I instantly thought wow that is a smart layout. Did you call Escape to find out where the closest one is for you to look at?
Good Luck

dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
I am new to this forum.
We have a old Bigfoot 17ft (1989) that we love, but we are looking to up grade and for us the escape 19 ft would be great.
Read a lot about it but I have never seen one.
I was wandering did some of you order one with out seeing it before?
Hi: Michele... I know there's a 19'er in Deep River Ont. That could be the closest one to Montreal. A quick call to Tammy at Escape 604-703-1650 will verify this. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Hi, Michele!

There are actually some people who have bought Escapes without seeing one. Some have seen another model from what they bought, but in some cases, people ordered sight unseen.

Hopefully, you can see the one Alf mentioned.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
We bought our 19, sight unseen, in '09. I had seen a 17, and based on that plus what I saw on the forum, we were all in. One of the best decisions we ever made.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Michele, welcome.

I bought my 19 too without having ever seen one, or any other Escape other than the exterior of one parked. Hearing what others said about theirs, and talking with Tammy and Reace gave me enough confidence to go for it. I have absolutely now regrets about it after 4 summers of using it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
I have a question for those you have been around a while, Has anyone heard of someone buying a escape trailer and not being happy with it, I guess it goes with out saying that all of us on the forum are happy with our purchase, I guess I wonder if there have been any truly unhappy customers? This might be helpful for those who are contemplating the plunge. Its always nice to hear an oposing view.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #8

Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
We bought ours sight unseen too. We had not seen any model of Escape previously. The closest we came to that was watching a web video tour that JeffZ had posted when he was selling his 17B. We had never owned a trailer either. We read testimony of happy owners on the forum in its early days & communicated with Reace & Tammy as Jim did. Other than that, we looked at a couple of 17' Casitas to get a feel for the size as we were trying to decide btw a 17 or 19 Escape. You can count us as happy owners as well.

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave macrae View Post
I have a question for those you have been around a while, Has anyone heard of someone buying a escape trailer and not being happy with it, I guess it goes with out saying that all of us on the forum are happy with our purchase, I guess I wonder if there have been any truly unhappy customers? This might be helpful for those who are contemplating the plunge. Its always nice to hear an oposing view.
Hi: dave macrae... I haven't met one yet...but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Reace and Tammy strive to make happy campers by building the best trailer they can. To that end they do a wonderful job!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I purchased my Escape sight unseen and I have bought vehicles on Ebay without inspection first. There is always some trepidation but I have not been disappointed. I think if there ever someone disappointed with their Escape, Tammy and Reace would work with them to correct it. I also think one should look at other fiberglass trailers like Casita,Scamp, and others. If you like those units you will love the Escape. I guess if you were ever displeased it would be because you are displeased with the molded fiberglass type trailer in general, not just with the Escape brand.