Hello! - I'm a Newbie! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Lee

Trailer: to be determined
Smile Hello! - I'm a Newbie!

I'm new to the Escape forum- I have been interested in the Escape for a long time, & particularly would love the Escape 5th wheel. I am thrilled there a slightly larger 5th wheel coming available! I don't own an RV now, but used to pull a 25' trailer and then went to a 26' 5th wheel ( and I strongly prefer pulling a 5th wheel over pulling a trailer). Does anyone know if the interior ceiling height for the new Escape 5th wheel will remain at 6'2"? What are the interior heights of the Escape trailers? I ask this as my son who loves coming along and RVing with me is 6' 1-1/2" tall- and I need someone experienced with 'tall' folks RVing in an Escape! I would so LOVE to be an Escape owner!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to our little Escape world, Lee. Someone will surely answer your questions as more members sign on.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Interesting question, one we will need Reace to give a definitive answer to. We know Escape is blending the 21' build to the current 5.0 build and adding 5" to the loft. The current 5.0 is 6'4" - 7", the 21' is 6'5", so I'm thinking the new 5.0 will be 6'5" - 7'5"

Hummm.

BTW: Welcome to the Escape Forum, if you're interested in one of the new 5ers... better get on the list...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Lee

Trailer: to be determined
I hear you about getting on the list!! And thank you for the welcome!
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Lee

You must be so excited about getting a new Escape that you can't sleep.

I was excited to see five Escapes (17b, 2x19, 15a, and 5.0) yesterday at the Niagara Wine Escape and I can't sleep either, just dreamin' Escape!

Welcome to the forum.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Hi Lee, welcome aboard.

Your son will have no problems in the 5.0. Hopefully it will be in the cards for you.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Lee - careful! It's a bit like joining a cult! Gradually all your thoughts are taken over by plans to become an owner.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I've heard about people being addicted to facebook or texting. But, whenever you go on this forum, look at who else is on. You can see which of us is always on! Yes, I am addicted to this site. I just wonder if I can reduce my visits once I take delivery of my 19'.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Welcome and enjoy!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
Lee, I'm still a lurker too. I have a couple years until finances will allow me to buy new, which is my goal. I'm in Texas and have looked at many Casitas since they are made here but as a 6" woman they are just too short. I've decided on Escapes first of all for the height, second the quality. My husband doesn't want to get a bigger tow vehicle than what we have since its his regular vehicle so that's what started me looking at fiberglass trailers. I'm learning all I can from all these wonderful people. I would love a 21,s bigger kitchen but hubby is spoiles with a king bed at home and just says that bed is too small, so a 19 it is. I cook outside most the time anyway. Who knows what they may come up with next as long as an Xterra can pull it. Thank you guys for all the great information.
Nilotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Nilotica, that is how most of us learned so much from other owners (lurking). As your order time gets closer, start making your list of must haves for your own build.. I watched and learned for 3 years before ordering our 5.0. If you want to see a couple of 5.0s, there are two in Baytown a block apart and another in Pearland. Good luck, Byron
bnjones173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
Byron, I would love to see it. I actually prefer 5th wheels, all that headroom. But hubby flys RC Helis and has his Xterra all set up for them. One of the reasons for the Escape is taking it to weekend fun flys and with a truck we have no place for the Helis. I have talked him into going to the next Texas fiberglass rally. to hopefully get a look at a 19. I know there are some in Austin and San Antoinio, I think College Station too. He has only been in a Casita and he wasn't impressed, just to closed in. Escapes look so much bigger. Thanks for the offer. Taryn
Nilotica is offline   Reply With Quote