Hello! - Joe and Cherie from Ohio - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2016, 01:40 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscarab View Post

So thats the trade off thats so hard. We'd LOVE a 4 seasom rv, but if we are living in it that long, I think standing up may have to win out. Thats every day that I have to stand up! I guess i can blow out the lines and then head north dry. So we may be back to the 5.0TA after all. Thanks for listening to my blabbering!
I'm 5'6" and can stand up straight, and jump, in anything.

I also looked into the Bigfoot 21 and 25 RQ for winter camping in the mountains, but I also plan to turn my 5.0 TA into a 4 season RV. I haven't decided on the spray foam insulation under the trailer but I will buy a few sheets of the pink closed cell foam boards from Home Depot to augment the insulation in the storage areas and cabinets. This would be for short winter trips to the ski areas in the mountains though, not for long term living. An easy up/down trailer skirt system is something else to consider.

Another reason I decided on a 5.0 TA is that getting into and out of the mountain camp sites in winter will be easier with a fifth wheel.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:17 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Sit down and think it over.
Now that's funny!! As soon as I sit all the problems go away!
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
........... but I also plan to turn my 5.0 TA into a 4 season RV......
Yep! I agree. That may be where the brain needs to go next. How to turn the 5.0TA into 4 season. It would be cool if at least the fresh was inside. I realize space is reduced but it's inside on my Old Casita and current EggCamper. I like it inside. But yes I'm starting to think along the lines of making a 5.0TA a more 3.5 - 4 season camper.

Hey, my cast gets cut off my leg Tuesday. No more crutches! Maybe I can get off the couch and stop thinking about all this for a while......ha
Old 10-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #24

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
There is not much wall or ceiling insulation in these.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
4 season trailer has all tanks enclosed in a heated space as well as a number of other items that aren't present on Escapes. I'm not sure how you would accomplish this conversion and you could easily buy a four season Oliver, Arctic Fox, or creekside and probably save money over trying to convert an Escape to something it's not designed to be.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #26

Trailer: 21' Escape - Pickup July 11, 2017
Hello from Okeana!

Hello Joe & Cherie! My husband Bill and I have a 21' Escape on order for pickup August 2017. So exciting. We ordered it shortly after viewing Rick and Kim's 21'. Small world! We are also in our 50's and not yet retired and almost empty nesters (kids are in college at Miami and UC and still come home on weekends - free food here!).

Looks like we're going to have to do a Southern Ohio FGRV gathering.

Good luck with everything - Bill and Lisa
Calbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #27

I'm confused guys! So now its time to step back and pause. I'm doing a lot of reading! It will come - but I have more research and learning to do! That's ok tho - all part of the fun! We are going to go see a 5.0TA in person this weekend! Yay!

Hi Bill and Lisa! Thats so cool you guys are ordering a 21 after seeing Rick and Kims. Whats the chances of 2 Escape RV's in Okeana....ha! I turned them on to fiberglass RV's after owning a Casita and they are loving it!! I'm so jealous they are retired at 50 and 48 and enjoying their Escape. I've known Rick since I was 12. Nice people they are! But yes, keep in touch - we do all need to get together! Or if you just want to b.s. about FGRV's someday and see an EggCamper - your welcome over! We live just 2 miles outside of Ross.

Enjoy your Escape - I'm sure the wait will go fast!