Hello, trying to escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #1

Trailer: none yet
Hello, trying to escape

My wife and I closed up shop in March and decided to retire.
After a few months of boredom we've decided we would like to do some traveling.
We've looked at some trailers on the local RV lots but have not been too impressed with what we've seen. The molded fiberglass trailers look like the way to go, but I haven't ever seen one in person.
Any help would be appreciated, we're located in Neenach, CA (the west end of the Antelope valley).

Mark & Jackie
Madrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrabbit View Post
We've looked at some trailers on the local RV lots but have not been too impressed with what we've seen. The molded fiberglass trailers look like the way to go, but I haven't ever seen one in person.
Any help would be appreciated, we're located in Neenach, CA (the west end of the Antelope valley).

Mark & Jackie
You can always send an e-mail to Escape and see if there is anyone who lives close to you that would be happy to show you their Escape. I have found that most Escape owners are more than happy to show their Escapes to interested parties.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #3

Sent off an e-mail to Escape, judging from the owners map there's a couple within a reasonable distance.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Escape owners love getting those $200 CAD checks when you name them for a referral bonus when you place an order for a new trailer

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:

Mark & Jackie

Hello Mark and Jackie, Congratulations on your retirement, boredom, and discovery of Escape Trailers. We travel through Antelope Valley once a year on our way to a summertime Timeshare in Palm Desert. Hwy 138 is our favorite route between I-5 and I-10. But I have to say, you guys must be hearty souls. That high desert is unique to drive through, but would be a real challenge during the heat of summer months.

Good luck on your quest!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Mark & Jackie

Wow, you're soooo far to the west end, the poppies are east of you! We occasionally go through there as an alternative to San Francisquito Canyon, when we're headed to Tehachapi or the Owens valley.

There are several Escapes in Ventura County. We have a 2015 17A and are near the coast, about 80 miles away (via CA-126). There's also a 19 in the County (PatandLinda on the forum).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Welcome to the forum. You are looking in the right direction. Molded fibreglass means you won’t loose your trailer due to serious water damage like with our first trailer, a Nash. In 12 years the $24,000 cost devalued to $3000 and this after a $6800 water damage repair 5 years in. The owner of Escape Trailer old me he has never seen one of their trailers with major water damage and I’m not surprised. The likelihood of leaks is far less than in a stick built (framed) trailer and any water that might get in or leak from plumbing doesn’t cause structural damage.
As to the brand of molded fibreglass trailer, we found the Escape to have the best value and the support from ETI is phenomenal. Half the time I call ETI and ask for help or ask a question Reace or Tammy give me the answer. (Owners)
You do have to wait for a new unit, but not nearly as long as when we bought our 2015 Escape 21.
Definitely have a look at the various Escape trailer sizes as well.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Call Escape and they will tell you where the closest Escape owner is to you who is willing to show off their trailer.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 PM   #9

Thanks to all that have responded, I did receive a couple of names from Escape, I'll be following up in the next few days.

San Francisquito canyon was mentioned (site of the Saint Francis Dam, largest man made disaster in California history), for most of the last 39 years we lived in Green Valley, at the top of San Fran.