Here we go! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 17A
I think that you will enjoy the interaction process with the ETI reps as you move through the build choices. My questions were always answered cheerfully, quickly and thoroughly. We are picking our 17A up tomorrow, and the trip has been great!
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Not sure where you are located, but if you want to see our classic 19 with several modifications just let me know. We can arrange it. I don’t want to speak for him, but I know Jim (cpaharley) in York, PA has a new 19 and always seems open to showing his trailer as well.

Haven’t met Bruce with the 17. Where is he located and does he frequent the forum? Funny our trailer was bought sight unseen in VA and I have actually never seen another Escape in person. Very rare around here.
Hi... Bruce is in Asbury, NJ... not sure if he is part of the forum... it would be great to see your Escape 19... We are in Somerset, NJ... how can we arrange this meeting for one of these weekends? I am not sure how to exchange our contact information outside of this forum... not sure what the privacy guidelines are for exchanging information with other Escape owners via the Forum or outside of it... please let me know and we can go from there. And, btw, thank you for offering to show us your Escape, it will definitely help us shape our image of what ours might look like... Warren and Maria
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
I think that you will enjoy the interaction process with the ETI reps as you move through the build choices. My questions were always answered cheerfully, quickly and thoroughly. We are picking our 17A up tomorrow, and the trip has been great!
Hello!
Oh how wonderful... how was picking up your Escape experience? So far, the Escape folks have been superb with answering every question, etc. I can not imagine making this purchase from a distance without the top of the line customer service as Escape has provided...

Happy trails!

Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 08:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrisdr View Post
Another NJ resident here. We sold our 17B last summer and we have a 19 being built right now. It will be done the beginning of March. We decided we needed something a little bigger than the 17B and wanted a real bed. We almost got a 25 foot AS but decided that we really liked our 17B so much and the build quality was top notch that we decided to get the 19.
Hello,

How exciting... congratulations! A couple of questions, did you get underbelly insulation? And, lifted the axel? We are debating on these two options at the moment... enjoy your new trailer!

Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The underfoot spray will protect your underbelly as well as keep your floors warmer/cooler in temperature extremes as will the extra insulation and thermal window option. In addition it is ore quiet inside with the extra all around insulation. If you plan on camping in hot or cold weather, these options will make the trailer more comfortable, just imagine getting your car without a/c!!
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. With the underbelly insulation, did you also get the axel lift? Also, did you get the 'equalizer' hitch with sway control and weight distribution? There are three options to pick from and we are not 100% on which one is best for us. We drive a Honda Ridgeline...

Thanks,

Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #26

We ordered ( due in June ) the underbelly insulation as well as the high lift axle for our soon-to-be-ours 21'. If you haven't already, you should read all the documentation you can find about using a weight distributing hitch ( WDH ) on your Ridgeline. If they are approved for it, it's probably a very good idea to get one that works with it. Mid-sized tow vehicles ( we went thru 3 Isuzu Troopers ) like the Ridgeline benefit greatly from the "equalization" a WDH provides. If adjusted correctly, it will greatly improve your ride, comfort, and stability while towing. It will reduce any porpoising and squat you might get without it. Highly recommended.

We eventually got a pretty stout F-150 with modified rear suspension, and sometimes we do use the WDH, but I don't really notice much of a difference with or without it. The Ridgeline should do great. Hopefully you have the "tow package" or whatever Honda offered for the Ridgeline to improve towing, if anything. After a little google, I see some years of the Ridgeline don't recommend the use of a WDH, so check yours. It also looks like you have to have the AWD version to get the 5000lb max towing capacity. Your owners manual should tell you what you need to know, and that little yellow sticker inside the driver's door.

Exciting !
Old 03-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
Hi... Bruce is in Asbury, NJ... not sure if he is part of the forum... it would be great to see your Escape 19... We are in Somerset, NJ... how can we arrange this meeting for one of these weekends? I am not sure how to exchange our contact information outside of this forum... not sure what the privacy guidelines are for exchanging information with other Escape owners via the Forum or outside of it... please let me know and we can go from there. And, btw, thank you for offering to show us your Escape, it will definitely help us shape our image of what ours might look like... Warren and Maria
Warren & Maria: I will send you a PM (private message).
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. With the underbelly insulation, did you also get the axel lift? Also, did you get the 'equalizer' hitch with sway control and weight distribution? There are three options to pick from and we are not 100% on which one is best for us. We drive a Honda Ridgeline...

Thanks,

Warren and Maria
No high lift axle and no equalizer hitch as I have a truck. Not sure what your Honda requirements are, you may want to wait and see what Escape says when you pick up.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #29

Excellent feedback... thank you! Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 09:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Warren & Maria: I will send you a PM (private message).
Hello... thanks for the quick feedback... my apologies, but how does the PM work? Do we get it through this venue or to our email account? Thanks and looking forward to seeing your Escape 19 once we arrange the meet... Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Hello... thanks for the quick feedback... my apologies, but how does the PM work? Do we get it through this venue or to our email account? Thanks and looking forward to seeing your Escape 19 once we arrange the meet... Warren and Maria
Upper rh corner under your name it says "private messages" click on that link
Old 03-12-2018, 09:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Upper rh corner under your name it says "private messages" click on that link
Jim,
I see the location, but at the moment it says "0" private messages... I will check later again to see the one you will send us... thanks again...

Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #33

should be there now
Old 03-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Jim,
I see the location, but at the moment it says "0" private messages... I will check later again to see the one you will send us... thanks again...

Maria
Maria: I haven't sent the PM yet, but just to clarify is your intention to see our classic 19 (with many mods) or Jim's 2016 2nd gen...or both? I ask because you originally replied to my post, but above you imply you are awaiting a PM from Jim (cpaharley2008).
Old 03-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #35

Quote:
Maria: I haven't sent the PM yet, but just to clarify is your intention to see our classic 19 (with many mods) or Jim's 2016 2nd gen...or both? I ask because you originally replied to my post, but above you imply you are awaiting a PM from Jim (cpaharley2008).
Hello,
I am trying to establish connection with the Escape owner that lives in Burlington, NJ... I think we may have gotten our communications crossed. If you are the Burlington owner, we would like to come out and see your Escape 19... please let us know if that is something you would consider. Thank you.
Warren and Maria
Old 03-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Hello,
I am trying to establish connection with the Escape owner that lives in Burlington, NJ... I think we may have gotten our communications crossed. If you are the Burlington owner, we would like to come out and see your Escape 19... please let us know if that is something you would consider. Thank you.
Warren and Maria
Ok. I'm sending you a PM now.