Here we go! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 09:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Here we go!

My husband and I just signed up for an Escape 19 trailer; which will be completed in June. While we are excited, we are a bit apprehensive with the entire process. I have been reading this forum and feel very encouraged by everyone's input. We hope to be able to contribute as much to this forum as we move towards Escape ownership. We, as you can imagine, have a number of questions but the most important is what was it about the Escape trailers that made you select them? Are there any downsides to owning one (as compared to other brands)? Thank you in advance for your input... W&M
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Hands down - a quality trailer that seems built to last.. plus the ability to fine-tune the options. Being from B.C. also proud of a home-grown product. Enjoy your Escape and the adventures to follow.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #3

Welcome and good timing on your order. You must have ordered just as they opened up the new dates. A week ago they only offering completion dates in Sept.
As you read further you will find ETI takes care of their clients...plan and simple. They make every effort to do the right thing.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome. Nice to see someone else from NJ! Not too many of us.

This forum is very helpful for new buyers and some have even admitted that it sealed the deal to get an Escape. Very helpful and knowledgeable people here that have been around the block. Ask whatever questions you have. Many have already had other molded fiberglass brands. The Escape trailers are a great value, maintain superb resale value and the customer service from ETI is second to none.

You might enjoy this thread:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...else-1767.html
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
There are many threads on this subject.

For myself, I wanted anew all fiberglass shelled trailer that had a real queen bed and a floor plan that my wife liked.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
We had a 16' Casita which turned out after 2 years of use to just be a little too small. The Escape 21 had a perfect floor plan, without being /too/ big and too wide for us (next step up was a Bigfoot, but they are 8' wide and even heavier and way more expensive).
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
Hands down - a quality trailer that seems built to last.. plus the ability to fine-tune the options. Being from B.C. also proud of a home-grown product. Enjoy your Escape and the adventures to follow.
Thank you for your feedback! It says a lot when one is proud of our 'home grown' products... W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

Eggscape... thank you , and noted... yes, ETI has been incredibly responsive to each and every question; no matter what the topic... we are getting a pretty good feeling that we went with the right company... to us, the service we get 'after' we take possession of our trailer will be most important... we have no doubt it will be the same... W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post

This forum is very helpful for new buyers and some have even admitted that it sealed the deal to get an Escape. Very helpful and knowledgeable people here that have been around the block. Ask whatever questions you have. Many have already had other molded fiberglass brands. The Escape trailers are a great value, maintain superb resale value and the customer service from ETI is second to none.

Will definitely spend some time in this forum to take in all the wisdom on Escape trailers that is out there... thank you for the link; very informative... Rubicon327. Actually, as we plow through the many options we have to make a decision on, the two big ticket items we are most puzzled about are: Underbelly insulation and the package that gives you thermal windows and additional wall insulation. Can you folks share your experiences with these and let us know if they are worth the investment? Did it make a difference in your trailer living experience? Thank you! W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
There are many threads on this subject.

For myself, I wanted anew all fiberglass shelled trailer that had a real queen bed and a floor plan that my wife liked.
Thanks for the feedback Bob... yes, fiberglass seems to be the way to go. A smart floor plan does not hurt either...
Old 02-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #11

We also pick up our new Escape in June ( 21') ! I've found the people at Escape to be just great, and very nice so far. We've had a 17' Casita for about 10 years, and decided we needed a bit more room, and a bed that didn't require anyone to climb over anyone else to do certain things at 3am. The 21 floor plan is perfect. I also wanted to stick with all fiberglass construction, which I prefer. After touring one nearby, we were sold.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
We had a 16' Casita which turned out after 2 years of use to just be a little too small. The Escape 21 had a perfect floor plan, without being /too/ big and too wide for us (next step up was a Bigfoot, but they are 8' wide and even heavier and way more expensive).
John... thanks for your input... we considered the Casita but the lining of the walls with rug was not very appealing to us; although some folks say it makes the trailer cozy... different strokes for different folks is what I say... W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggins View Post
We also pick up our new Escape in June ( 21') ! I've found the people at Escape to be just great, and very nice so far. We've had a 17' Casita for about 10 years, and decided we needed a bit more room, and a bed that didn't require anyone to climb over anyone else to do certain things at 3am. The 21 floor plan is perfect. I also wanted to stick with all fiberglass construction, which I prefer. After touring one nearby, we were sold.
Thanks for your feedback... we entertained the 21, but we really like the bed size in the 19; and the fact that the bed is tucked away... but the extra room in the 21 must feel pretty good... enjoy your camper... W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
John... thanks for your input... we considered the Casita but the lining of the walls with rug was not very appealing to us; although some folks say it makes the trailer cozy... different strokes for different folks is what I say... W&M
The "rug" is actually marine carpeting, which has a layer of insulation below the carpet pile. It is glued tight to the fiberglass walls and prevents condensation inside while making it extremely quiet inside, which I love. Yes, you do have to clean it every now and then, and I wonder about dust and such, but it does solve many issues with the fiberglass shell. I imagine it adds quite a bit of weight too.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #15

Quote:

About NJ... good to know I can reach out to someone that is close by... not sure if you know Bruce and his wife who own a 17 here in Jersey. I saw their trailer last week; and, although I found it a bit small for our needs; it convinced us we wanted a FG trailer... they seem very hardy... that is why we decided on the 19... looking forward to building great memories with the family and our Escap... W&M
Old 02-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #16

Trailer: 2018 17a - now sold
Quote:
Thank you for your feedback! It says a lot when one is proud of our 'home grown' products... W&M
Thanks! And I should say this forum is a wealth of information, another plus for Escape.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:41 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The underfoot spray will protect your underbelly as well as keep your floors warmer/cooler in temperature extremes as will the extra insulation and thermal window option. In addition it is ore quiet inside with the extra all around insulation. If you plan on camping in hot or cold weather, these options will make the trailer more comfortable, just imagine getting your car without a/c!!
Old 02-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #18

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
About NJ... good to know I can reach out to someone that is close by... not sure if you know Bruce and his wife who own a 17 here in Jersey. I saw their trailer last week; and, although I found it a bit small for our needs; it convinced us we wanted a FG trailer... they seem very hardy... that is why we decided on the 19... looking forward to building great memories with the family and our Escap... W&M
Not sure where you are located, but if you want to see our classic 19 with several modifications just let me know. We can arrange it. I don’t want to speak for him, but I know Jim (cpaharley) in York, PA has a new 19 and always seems open to showing his trailer as well.

Haven’t met Bruce with the 17. Where is he located and does he frequent the forum? Funny our trailer was bought sight unseen in VA and I have actually never seen another Escape in person. Very rare around here.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Not sure where you are located, but if you want to see our classic 19 with several modifications just let me know. We can arrange it. I don’t want to speak for him, but I know Jim (cpaharley) in York, PA has a new 19 and always seems open to showing his trailer as well.

Haven’t met Bruce with the 17. Where is he located and does he frequent the forum? Funny our trailer was bought sight unseen in VA and I have actually never seen another Escape in person. Very rare around here.
Yeppers, I'm available ....send me a p/m.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #20

Trailer: Used to own a 17B and a 19 Escape
Another NJ resident here. We sold our 17B last summer and we have a 19 being built right now. It will be done the beginning of March. We decided we needed something a little bigger than the 17B and wanted a real bed. We almost got a 25 foot AS but decided that we really liked our 17B so much and the build quality was top notch that we decided to get the 19.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03904.jpg   DSC03905.jpg  
ichrisdr is offline   Reply With Quote