Hi from a Longtime Reader and Soon to Be 19 Owner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Hi from a Longtime Reader and Soon to Be 19 Owner

I've been glued to this forum for almost a year and a half, acquiring so much knowledge, guidance, and expertise from the experts on this and (okay, to be honest - other) forums, as well as the two rallies I attended. I'm looking forward to another repeat rally in September.

I ordered my Escape 19 in May, and look forward to picking her up in very late October. Needless to say, I'm so excited!

My home is packed with the necessary goodies that will ultimately be moved to my Escape, either on the initial trip and later. I'm keeping it to the basics at this point, though with many options necessary for planned future boondocking.

I'll utlimately be traveling with a few furry friends that I can't keep at home. I'd miss them too much, and the Escape 19 has plenty of room.

I would greatly appreciate any tips for traveling from BC to Illinois in November. I know it be important to check weather for inclement weather and best routing back to Illinois at that time of year.
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Be aware that highway 20 in Washington will probably be closed for the winter. ��
Old 08-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about taking 20 as part of the scenic route up in late October. That will then need to be part of the scenic route on a return trip in better weather.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Just check online with DOT- it will just depend on the weather this year!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
At that time of year you can expect Southern BC and Western Washington to be wet, not snowy. BC gas prices are considerably more than those in the US, so maybe your best route is I-90 into Bellvue, just east of Seattle. Travelling westbound into Bellvue on I-90 is the Snowqualmie pass, and you should check the weather forecast, although highway signs will warn of inclement weather. From Bellevue, up the I-205 and I-5 to Bellingham, then through the Sumas border crossing, to Abbotsford, BC, then east to Chilliwack on Highway 1. Traffic in the Seattle area can be bad, so my recommendation is to avoid the rush hour to save the frustration level! Obviously reverse this instruction travelling east.
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:28 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 19’ Reversed Floor Plan
Thank you for your advice. We are also Picking Up our E19RFP mid-October, and returning to Tucson, AZ.
RB Donath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #7

It's always great to hear from those who know the local weather at changing times if the year. Just a few weeks difference in late October and early November make huge temperature differences in the North. I'm so lucky that Escape was able to move up my original late November date.

I'll be checking DOTs and weather in planning my final routes to BC and back to Illinois. It will be quite the adventure.

Thank you!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019 19’ Reversed Floor Plan
Mary, if your route takes you thru Tucson we recommend Picacho Peak State Park. It is a new & well maintained park with 30amp & water, plus we could bring our new 19’ and meet.
RB Donath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
I've been glued to this forum for almost a year and a half, acquiring so much knowledge, guidance, and expertise from the experts on this and (okay, to be honest - other) forums, as well as the two rallies I attended. I'm looking forward to another repeat rally in September.
I agree you should consider a US route for better gas prices. On my return from picking up our new 21' I had a few tow vehicle problems that were easier to have fixed in the US. Plan a little extra time and shorter travel days so that you can enjoy the trip.

Martha and I will be at the Mississippi River Rally in Sept. with our "Serenity". Perhaps we'll see you there.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:45 AM   #10

RB Donath, bet you're really excited about your new 19RFP. Thank for the tip about the park in Tucson. If I don't go that route after pickup I'm sure get there later in the year or next year.

Dan, I had the pleasure of meeting you and Martha at last year's rally, and will see you again this year. I look forward to seeing Serenity!
Old 08-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Donath View Post
Mary, if your route takes you thru Tucson we recommend Picacho Peak State Park. It is a new & well maintained park with 30amp & water, plus we could bring our new 19’ and meet.
Great little park, the volunteers are so friendly. The hiking though, can be a little challenging although the reward is some great views!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote