Hi from Finger Lakes Region NY - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Geneseo,, New York
Trailer: 2014 Casita Freedom 17
Posts: 3
Hi from Finger Lakes Region NY

Had the opportunity a few days ago to attend the Escape rally in Niagara Falls, Ont. on the Niagara River. Thanks CPAHarley2008 for the invite. Kate and I met some terrific folks who were more than willing to share their info, experiences and enthusiasm and of course a tour of their Escapes. We are pretty new to camping and have a 2014 Casita 17" towed with a Honda Pilot which is a bit tight for us and the dog. Getting our feet wet with east coast trips, just returned from Provincetown, Cape Cod. Offseason driving no hassle. Looking to expand our geographic range and duration, thus we are looking for a 21" Escape, no order in yet.
Put the Finger Lakes on your to go to list, In addition to lakes there are lots of wineries with great tours.
Looking forward to participating in the forum hopefully as an Escape owner in the not too distant future.
Jerry
__________________

galonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 19,664
Welcome Jerry,
real nice to place a face with a screen name.......glad you stopped in. What kind of options do you perceive?
__________________

__________________
Jim
It is not the years in your life but the life in your years Lincoln
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,230
Hi: galonzo... Glad you could make it over to Niagara Wine Escape. Welcome to the Escape Forum too. Lots of great folks here!!!
We love the Finger Lakes region and have been to Watkins Glen often. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wine tasting tour starts here.jpg (76.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Watkins Glen St. Pk..jpg (123.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg behind the falls.jpg (108.4 KB, 15 views)
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Almond, New York
Trailer: 2012 5.0
Posts: 22
Nice to hear about another escape coming to NY. We have a 5.0 classic and are just down the road in Hornell.
ivanputski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,218
Hi Jerry, and welcome to the site.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:32 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Shoreline, Washington
Trailer: Escape 19 - September 2016
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
Had the opportunity a few days ago to attend the Escape rally in Niagara Falls, Ont. on the Niagara River. Thanks CPAHarley2008 for the invite. Kate and I met some terrific folks who were more than willing to share their info, experiences and enthusiasm and of course a tour of their Escapes. We are pretty new to camping and have a 2014 Casita 17" towed with a Honda Pilot which is a bit tight for us and the dog. Getting our feet wet with east coast trips, just returned from Provincetown, Cape Cod. Offseason driving no hassle. Looking to expand our geographic range and duration, thus we are looking for a 21" Escape, no order in yet.
Put the Finger Lakes on your to go to list, In addition to lakes there are lots of wineries with great tours.
Looking forward to participating in the forum hopefully as an Escape owner in the not too distant future.
Jerry
Hello Jerry,
As newcomers to the Escape world, who put our deposit down last month at the factory, we recommend that you make it happen soon. We're thrilled with our decision to purchase a 19, but wish delivery wasn't a year away. Oh well, if you want quality patience is a virtue. You can trust it will be a great decision. Have fun with the process.
payton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Geneseo,, New York
Trailer: 2014 Casita Freedom 17
Posts: 3
Thanks and great FL pix.
Jerry
galonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Geneseo,, New York
Trailer: 2014 Casita Freedom 17
Posts: 3
Hi Payton,
Thanks, We will have to wait for the next order window to open which we are told is March or so 2016 but we're pretty good with the patience for quality thing.
Jerry
galonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ravena, New York
Trailer: Looking for a 5.0TA maybe next year
Posts: 242
Hey Jerry! I don't know if I should say "Welcome!" or not, as I'm a newbie too, but Welcome! anyways!

We live just south of Albany in the foothills, but love the Finger Lakes. We particularly like camping at the state park on Keuka Lake. Great place!

What was this Escape Rally in Niagara Falls? Will there be another next year? I'm sure I could get Gail to go, seeing she is the one that wants the 21. Having dates ahead of time would be great!

Thanks!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 6,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Hey Jerry! I don't know if I should say "Welcome!" or not, as I'm a newbie too, but Welcome! anyways!

We live just south of Albany in the foothills, but love the Finger Lakes. We particularly like camping at the state park on Keuka Lake. Great place!

What was this Escape Rally in Niagara Falls? Will there be another next year? I'm sure I could get Gail to go, seeing she is the one that wants the 21. Having dates ahead of time would be great!

Thanks!

Frank
Hi: frank_a... Niagara Wine Escape 2015. We had 33 fiberglass trailers there. All current models of Escapes there too. Why...we even had a ParkLiner there with NY. plates on it.
Had a great weekend Sept. 18-20th. Always the second weekend after Labour Day. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Ruthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Highland Park, New Jersey
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Posts: 894
All of a sudden Escape owners (or would be) are popping up in the Finger Lakes -- our trailer resides in PRattsburgh (not that other place in the Adirondacks )-- between Keuka and Canandaigua Lakes -- for part of the year.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ravena, New York
Trailer: Looking for a 5.0TA maybe next year
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: frank_a... Niagara Wine Escape 2015. We had 33 fiberglass trailers there. All current models of Escapes there too. Why...we even had a ParkLiner there with NY. plates on it.
Had a great weekend Sept. 18-20th. Always the second weekend after Labour Day. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
So last weekend? Boy, that is a busy weekend Alf, but let me see if we can't save it for next year, and bring our egg.

Thanks!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
All of a sudden Escape owners (or would be) are popping up in the Finger Lakes -- our trailer resides in PRattsburgh (not that other place in the Adirondacks )-- between Keuka and Canandaigua Lakes -- for part of the year.
Hi Ruthe . I remember swimming in Canandaigua Lake about 16 years old with my cousins , etc. went to my Uncles wedding in Rochester , New York and to escape the heat went out to the country to picnic . Is the Lake still nice ? I remember the water was very clear and one of my favorite places to go getting out of the city . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ruthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Highland Park, New Jersey
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Posts: 894
Canandaigua is nice still. Very built up and the housing prices on the lake are among the highest (if not THE highest) of lake front houses in the country. Sometimes I swim at the beach in Canandaigua where they let people go past the ropes and swim parallel to the shore for a bout half a mile. The water is clear but every now and then there will be an overgrowth of algae and the lake is closed for swimming.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 5,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Canandaigua is nice still. Very built up and the housing prices on the lake are among the highest (if not THE highest) of lake front houses in the country. Sometimes I swim at the beach in Canandaigua where they let people go past the ropes and swim parallel to the shore for a bout half a mile. The water is clear but every now and then there will be an overgrowth of algae and the lake is closed for swimming.
Thanks Ruthe for the update . I am glad to hear it is still nice . I am 69 now but I still have good memories of the lake as a teenager with my family . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
bisonbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Windham, CT, Connecticut
Trailer: Escape 21
Posts: 183
We spent a week in the Finger Lakes last month. The scenery is different than I remember it from college, there wasn't snow blowing across the Thruway the whole trip. We made it a winery, brewery, and water falls trip. The water falls were incredible. We also discovered the there were no falls in Seneca Falls.
__________________

__________________
Bill and Ann-Marie

Think BIG from the start, its the same effort!
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×