Hi, new to site... new to RVing... new to RETIREMENT!!! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Looking for Escape 17B
Hi, new to site... new to RVing... new to RETIREMENT!!!

Wife and I are avid cyclists, hikers, adventurers... I'm retired; she's threatening retirement. Planning to take extended adventure trips; in the hunt for the right camper. Considering 17 footer; Escape, Casita, etc. Prefer Escape for a variety of reasons... cost is a big consideration, but understand the value of getting "the right one". Appreciate the experiences and insights of this forum.

Bobby Birmingham
BobbyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If you haven't done so you can drop ETI a note and ask if there are any around you that you could go see. There's a rally in NH come May if you feel like a drive. Nice area, many fiberglass trailers.

NH Spring Fling in New England for 2020 - Fiberglass RV
Old 11-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #3

New to Site - 17B question

Thanks, Bob. I LOVE NH!!

Question (and I haven't been able to find much info on price). WHAT price range should I expect to pay for a new 17B? Any idea?

Many thx,
BB
Old 11-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Here's the link to the page for them, it shows the base price. https://escapetrailer.com/the-17-foot-escape/

It would not be uncommon to spend another $5000 on options, maybe more.

You can find some prices in the Classified Archive sub forum. Classifieds Archive - Escape Trailer Owners Community

You can do a Search This Forum for something like 17b to see what price folks ask for used ones.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
Question (and I haven't been able to find much info on price). WHAT price range should I expect to pay for a new 17B? Any idea?
Hi! I love NH, too, and have reserved my spot at the Spring Fling next May. It'll be my first, I just got a brand-spanking new 17B, picked it up 10/20/19, and have never trailer-camped in my life. So - all new to me.

Not retired yet, but aiming for same in the next 2'ish years.

Re price, per the above - you can look at all the prices on ETI website. 17B is: https://escapetrailer.com/the-17-foot-escape-b-2/

With options, may run up to $28-29K (USD) - depends on what you get!

Hope this is helpful.

Here is pic of me (and Toast, my traveling sidekick) on Oct 30, just getting our Tundra hooked up to the new rig, to tow her home.
Attached Thumbnails
72965157_802472613518137_1196536820188315648_n.jpg  
Old 11-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #6

Just found this link posted by Escape on their FB page - take a look!
https://escapetrailer.com/inventory/...GgEEwD0VkFNLPE
Old 11-23-2019, 06:49 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome Bobby. You are right up the road. I grew up in Hamilton and used to ski Belle Mountain which is out by you. I know you are interested in a 17B, but you are welcome to view our classic (gen1) 19 with many modifications and I can probably also help arrange for you to see a newer (gen2) 19 or 21. Unfortunately I don’t know of any 17’s in NJ or close by. Seeing other models and talking through your wants and needs will be helpful in your quest for the right trailer. As you probably know Escapes are very rare around here. Good luck and congratulations on retirement and all the adventures ahead.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 19'
Hi Bobby

We are just up the road in Asbury, NJ. We have a 2019 19' and our neighbors have a 5 or so year old 17B. We could set it up so you could see both.
Dee08802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Welcome Bobby. You are right up the road. I grew up in Hamilton and used to ski Belle Mountain which is out by you. I know you are interested in a 17B, but you are welcome to view our classic (gen1) 19 with many modifications and I can probably also help arrange for you to see a newer (gen2) 19 or 21. Unfortunately I don’t know of any 17’s in NJ or close by. Seeing other models and talking through your wants and needs will be helpful in your quest for the right trailer. As you probably know Escapes are very rare around here. Good luck and congratulations on retirement and all the adventures ahead.
Many thanks for the offer; I may take you up on your kind offer 👍👍. BB
Old 11-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #10

Thank you Dee... That would be extremely helpful. My email is montclairbobbyb@gmail.com.

Kind Regards,
BB
Old 11-24-2019, 05:20 AM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I wouldn't be to concerned on the price, almost a guarantee you'll get your money back when you sell it. My last 2 trailers were fiberglass and I only lost $1150 over 8 years on the 2. After being unable to find a used Escape 19 I didn't hesitate to order a new one.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 21’ Escape
Hi Bobby,

Retirement is everything it's cracked up to be! My spouse retired October 2018 and I quit my job last December. We bought an Escape 21' to live in full time and love everything about it!! Not trying to sway you one way or another but the Escape community is awesome and very helpful. You'll find the right one for you!
Adventures in Nomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Good morning Bobby!
You will love retirement, especially with your Escape. There is so much to see in our great country!

Safe travels!!!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #14

Thanks to all!! We really like both the 17 and 19 (thanks for the tour, Ken & Dee, and neighbor Bruce!). We're leaning more towards the 19, as it gives us just a bit more room (wife and I are over 6-foot)... It's a big purchase and a big step driving out to BC and back... especially in winter. Just waiting for when the timing is right.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyB View Post
We're leaning more towards the 19, as it gives us just a bit more room (wife and I are over 6-foot)...
Glad you got to do walk-arounds of both. Given your both being tall, seems very smart to go with the 19 (though I've never been in one). I'm 5'3", so "cabin height" wasn't a big factor for me.

I did my NH-Chilliwack round trip at the end of October - went perfectly, very thankful. However, if the completion date had been any later, I'd have stored the trailer out there until spring (Escape will arrange this, if need be). For me, it would've been too many unknowns, driving coast to coast with new rig in iffy/wintry weather. I'm trailer savvy - it's just the "other factors" - steering me to the more cautious path.

Oh, AND - if one is out there in May -- there is always the possibility of attending the wonderful-sounding Osoyoos Escape Rally!!!
Old 12-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Wife and I own a 17B. If we had it to do over again, we'd have the A, no bathroom. Takes up way too much room in a 17 footer; which, BTW, is only about 13' 4" in length outside. It's a very small trailer. The bathroom is a lot of engineering- that takes a lot of maintenance- that we don't use. There are so many alternatives to the tiny bathroom, especially if you're as experienced as you say in adventuring. We've only used this unit a very few times, and we already agree that a 13-footer (again, the actual size) is way too small for more than an occasional weekend overnight.
lloydjdorsey@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I don't know if there have been changes since 2017, but the website lists the 17A and 17B as 13' 8" INSIDE, not outside. Love my A.