Hitting Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Smile Hitting Escape

Hi All!

We are a couple of retired (wannabe gypsy) kids. Just starting the search for a trailer (and a buyer for our tent )

We like the moulded fibreglass trailer design format and what we see of the Escape line thus far ... although we are struggling with the 17/19 decision. Just saw our first 17 today and hope to see a 19 in real life soon.

Anyway, we are new to this site and to trailering in general and so welcome any sage advice others may have.

Happy trails,
gypsykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome aboard.
An Escape is a great choice, and both the 17 and 19 have their merits, all depending on what you want and need. Lots to read in back threads, and fire away with any questions you may have.

Not sure what part of the city you are in, but Ian Giles has a 19 and I am sure he would be more than willing to show you, though it may be in storage now. You can check out the Owners Map at the top of this page, and send an email to Escape, who will set you up with some 10's to see.

Though not one you are looking to get, I will be picking up my 5.0TA in 13 days, and bringing it back home where you could have a look if you like.

I am in Brentwood. Ian is in Edgemont.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Welcome to the Escape forum!
Quite a few Escapes in and around Calgary. Would you like to see some trailers, contact ETI. They can set you up with someone in your area to show you their trailer.
We got our 19 this past summer, and love it.
Best wishes for your upgrade from tent to trailer!!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:02 PM   #4

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Welcome aboard.
An Escape is a great choice, and both the 17 and 19 have their merits, all depending on what you want and need. Lots to read in back threads, and fire away with any questions you may have.

Not sure what part of the city you are in, but Ian Giles has a 19 and I am sure he would be more than willing to show you, though it may be in storage now. You can check out the Owners Map at the top of this page, and send an email to Escape, who will set you up with some 10's to see.

Though not one you are looking to get, I will be picking up my 5.0TA in 13 days, and bringing it back home where you could have a look if you like.

I am in Brentwood. Ian is in Edgemont.
Thanks Jim. ETI gave us a couple of 17 and 19 owners to contact. We may have to contact Ian if these don't pan out. We are enjoying the search thus far.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsykids View Post
Hi All!

We are a couple of retired (wannabe gypsy) kids. Just starting the search for a trailer (and a buyer for our tent )

We like the moulded fibreglass trailer design format and what we see of the Escape line thus far ... although we are struggling with the 17/19 decision. Just saw our first 17 today and hope to see a 19 in real life soon.

Anyway, we are new to this site and to trailering in general and so welcome any sage advice others may have.

Happy trails,
Welcome!
In the beginning, eons ago it seems (only a few years back!), we looked at the 17' and the 19'. If you add a foot to the front and a foot to the back of the 17', you have a four-person dinette/lounge area and a queen bed for a 19'. Of course, the layout is different in between. Good luck on the decision and better not look at a 21'!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Go look at all of the models that Escape has to offer. I have always hated it after a deal was done or bought in that I should have done this or done that. It's the cheapest to get it right the first time. Good luck in your search. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome to the EscapeForum Tim & April! What's on your bucket list? Just curious. But as a for instance, if seeing every National Park is what you want to do, you'd need to have a trailer setup basically for boondocking as there aren't any services in most of the parks. So when we talk about Build Sheets, that's something to keep in mind.

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:45 AM   #8

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
When I visited Escape and "experienced" all the trailer for real, to me, the 17 and 19 had very different "feels". The 17 feels quite a bit smaller and a little more "cave-like", or cozy, whereas I thought the 19 felt quite a bit more open and like a bigger trailer. My impressions only, of course. There's just 1 of me and some mutts, so I went with the 17. Keep in mind that it's not only a difference in length, but also in height and width, and size of bathroom. Good luck!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you can make it to the rally in May in Osoyoos, you will see just about avery Escape model there is from the 13' up to the 21' and the 5.0 TA. More than 100 Escapes all lined up, like eggs in a carton.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:44 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 (Serenity).
Welcome!

I remember 'our' 17/19 debate quite clearly. We originally ordered a 17, but then within a week called back and changed our order to a 19! Flatlandreader calls this drive "twofootits".

The deciding factor for us was having a permanent bed, without having to convert the table. This is a big issue, as one of us likes afternoon naps while the other likes to do some quiet afternoon work. This was hard to manage in our 13' Trillium.

And hey, the completion date for our 19' is Wednesday!
FlatlandFlyFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #11

There is also the difference in axle: 17 is single axle, 19 is double.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
You might want to check out Robert & Yolanda's (Rbryan4) foray into the 17 vs. 19 decision. You can start here: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...-all-4055.html with Robert's first post on this Forum. They started by choosing the 17'. But ultimately decided on the 19'. Lots of good, thoughtful comments in his posts.

We chose the 19' over the 17' ourselves ... and pick up our 5.0 in late April
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
There is also the difference in axle: 17 is single axle, 19 is double.
The 19 has tandem axles. (Yes I know I'm being picky but I can't help myself)
Old 01-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
The 19 has tandem axles. (Yes I know I'm being picky but I can't help myself)
That's what I meant
Old 01-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #15

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Welcome.
We went through the same decision process. After reviewing Scamp, Casita, Lil Snoozy, we found Escape and believe it to be a better trailer with more standard features. Then it was the 17/19' decision. We were able to see both in Missouri, although it took a a few hours of driving to reach a 17. Our initial thoughts were to get the 17 due to lightness and easier trailering, but after seeing both, the 19 just felt larger and had the standard queen bed. We knew that if we got the 17 and enjoyed the RV lifestyle, we would want the larger one, so we went with the 19'.
Now, you know, the price of the 21' is almost the same as the 19.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Quote:
Thanks Jim. ETI gave us a couple of 17 and 19 owners to contact. We may have to contact Ian if these don't pan out. We are enjoying the search thus far.
Got your PM and sent you a reply, we would be thrilled to show off our 19'
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatlandFlyFisher View Post
Welcome!

I remember 'our' 17/19 debate quite clearly. We originally ordered a 17, but then within a week called back and changed our order to a 19! Flatlandreader calls this drive "twofootits".

The deciding factor for us was having a permanent bed, without having to convert the table. This is a big issue, as one of us likes afternoon naps while the other likes to do some quiet afternoon work. This was hard to manage in our 13' Trillium.

And hey, the completion date for our 19' is Wednesday!
Congratulations! Hope you let us know about the pick-up.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:31 PM   #18

Thanks All!

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, thoughts and insights.

We have pretty much landed on a 19 now ... having begun with a 17 in mind. We have yet to actually see a 19 but will do so later this week. And, unless something throws us completely off (which we rather doubt), we intend to place our order next week.

After that....the build sheet begins!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #19

Well, we did it. Our order is in on a 19'! The completion date is a long ways off, but we're excited all the same. We won't have it for this season, but we'll be ready to go for the 2018 season! May see some of you in Osoyoos this spring as we are planning to attend the rally and visit ETI. Thanks again for all the help.

Tim & April
Old 02-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Well, we did it. Our order is in on a 19'! The completion date is a long ways off, but we're excited all the same. We won't have it for this season, but we'll be ready to go for the 2018 season! May see some of you in Osoyoos this spring as we are planning to attend the rally and visit ETI. Thanks again for all the help.

Tim & April
Good choice! Now you can figure out all of those fun options.

Tags