Hope to join you soon! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2016, 06:18 AM   #1
JD9

Trailer: 2017 19'
Hope to join you soon!

My husband and I (and our twin 3yo girls) are moving back to the US after spending 4 years in Germany. We've decided to trade our European vacations in for the camping life! Originally, he was set on a parkliner, but I started googling them and found a site that compared the finish of PL and Escape. I knew he would change his mind and I like the fact we can get a 19' in the escape. So...we're convinced Escape is what we want and it's been fun watching the excitement that stemmed around Apr 1! We haven't placed an order b/c we'll be moving to PA for 10 mos and he will have an intensive school schedule (yes, we know escape does deliver), but we're hoping to find one sooner and figure out what we like/want/need for a while and then maybe buying a new one in the future. I know, it's a gamble. Just wanted to say "hi!" Looks like a fun and helpful place to "hang" out!
JD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome! Sounds like you have a few logistics to figure out, but you certainly are on the right path with an Escape.

Though the Parkliner trailer itself seems like a great unit, there has been a myriad of complaints regarding customer service since they started up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hello Jayne,
I'm about 15 miles away from you here in York, unfortunately I sold my Escape 21 last month, other wise you could have seen one in person. I'm in line for my 3rd Escape, that should tell you something. BTW, both or my prior Escapes were delivered and you do save on delivery when coordinated with other owners on the same truck.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I thought I had heard PL had closed shop recently, their website however says they are back in business. I'd be kind of leary of giving them any $.

ETI should be able to point you to the closest owners to you that are willing to let you look over there unit, give them a call when you get to that point.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
A warm welcome to you and your family! Wishing you all the best with the big move overseas! And lots of fun following all the people' on this forum.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote