Howdy from Dallas, Texas! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Spirit Deluxe Casita; expecting 2017 21' Escape Ultra, Jan 5, 2017
Smile Howdy from Dallas, Texas!

Thank you for adding us to the Escape Group! We retired from Dallas, Texas last year and own a 2014 Casita, 17' that we have been full-timing in, traveling the US and Canada. We got interested in the Escape and are really anxious about ordering a 21' this coming year. We really hate losing our 17' Casita; we absolutely love it, but with full-timing, we need a tad more room! Hope to meet you all on the road!
DoraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Met a couple from Crested Butte, CO last month & same story; love the Casita, just need some more elbow room- especially when it's raining. With the exchange rate as it is that should ease your need for any Xanax....just do it!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
We started getting cabin fever after about eight days in our 17' EggCamper. We spent almost four weeks returning home from Chilliwack in our Escape 21 and we were still enjoying it. A little extra room can make all the difference.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
A lot of people who have looked at our 21 have said that it looks bigger on the inside than on the outside. We think that it has the perfect amount of room. Not knowing which size to order, the best thing that we did was to go to Chilliwack last year and compare all of the sizes. I wonder if Casita will ever build a bigger trailer. Several years ago we went to their factory and looked at their line of trailers also. Not enough headroom and to many stories about popping rivets. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
A lot of people who have looked at our 21 have said that it looks bigger on the inside than on the outside.
This is so true Loren, and of the other models too. I don't know how many times folks commented on how much room there was in our 19. Even the wee 13 is the same. From the outside it looks like an oversized doghouse, but inside...wow!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This is so true Loren, and of the other models too. I don't know how many times folks commented on how much room there was in our 19. Even the wee 13 is the same. From the outside it looks like an oversized doghouse, but inside...wow!
Jim, my 17B is an oversized dog house, just ask Gonzo th' Dawg
Attached Thumbnails
_DSC2752.jpg  
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Spirit Deluxe Casita; expecting 2017 21' Escape Ultra, Jan 5, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Met a couple from Crested Butte, CO last month & same story; love the Casita, just need some more elbow room- especially when it's raining. With the exchange rate as it is that should ease your need for any Xanax....just do it!
Working on our build list!
Old 10-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
We started getting cabin fever after about eight days in our 17' EggCamper. We spent almost four weeks returning home from Chilliwack in our Escape 21 and we were still enjoying it. A little extra room can make all the difference.
I think so too, we're just looking forward to a little more room!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Welcome, DoraM! I am sure you will be very pleased with the set-up in the 21'. The build sheet should be fun. I can only tell you not to turn it in early as there is always more to find out about. Must be something to be fulltiming.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
A lot of people who have looked at our 21 have said that it looks bigger on the inside than on the outside. We think that it has the perfect amount of room. Not knowing which size to order, the best thing that we did was to go to Chilliwack last year and compare all of the sizes. I wonder if Casita will ever build a bigger trailer. Several years ago we went to their factory and looked at their line of trailers also. Not enough headroom and to many stories about popping rivets. Loren
The biggest trailer that Casita builds is still the 17 foot. They are not planning on adding a bigger one. :-(
Old 11-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Welcome, DoraM! I am sure you will be very pleased with the set-up in the 21'. The build sheet should be fun. I can only tell you not to turn it in early as there is always more to find out about. Must be something to be fulltiming.
We are loving living in the "wild", Cathy! It's a lot more fun than I ever dreamed it would be, and so is retirement! We can get up anytime we want and go anywhere we want whenever we want! Who could ask for more (except for a little more room!)
We can hardly wait to order ours, we've already started developing our wishlist! Can't wait for January so that we can put our name on the list!
Dora
Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Dora, I know the feeling having migrated from a 17LD to an Escape 21. The difference is amazing - not only in the added length & storage but the added width over the Casita (and the 19 Escape.) Although it's just 6 inches, it's enough for two people to pass each other in the aisle and still not step on the dogs (3 terriers.) The wait will definitely be worth it.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Dora, I know the feeling having migrated from a 17LD to an Escape 21. The difference is amazing - not only in the added length & storage but the added width over the Casita (and the 19 Escape.) Although it's just 6 inches, it's enough for two people to pass each other in the aisle and still not step on the dogs (3 terriers.) The wait will definitely be worth it.
I used to wonder what people meant about the 21' aisle. Just for the record, two people can pass each other in the aisle in a 19' and maybe in a 5.0 unless they are really hefty because I am pretty hefty. (Also, the 19' is 4" less.). Don't know if that is the case in other models.

That said, the 21' aisle definitely seems bigger to me, without measuring. I will attribute that to the fact that the bathroom is at the end instead of in the middle. Sure enough, it does mean a noticeable difference in aisle space.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #14

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I assume that the aisle of the 21' seems wider than that of the 19' because it actually is wider. It should be wider because the trailer's body is four inches (10 cm) wider, assuming that the cabinets are not that much deeper.

A bathroom in the middle of the trailer (which is a very common location, and used in all bathroom-equipped Escapes other than the 21') does tend become sort of a choke point in the trailer layout.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:57 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Not a problem in the 17, because there really isn't anywhere to go.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #16

People do not mean the aisle is wider by the 4", which is only the width of a hand, but more than that. The 19' bath is 40" wide so the bath in a 21' at the front means a big change in the aisle.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Not a problem in the 17, because there really isn't anywhere to go.
How true. There isn't far to go in any of these! Everything is so convenient.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:29 AM   #18

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
People do not mean the aisle is wider by the 4", which is only the width of a hand, but more than that. The 19' bath is 40" wide so the bath in a 21' at the front means a big change in the aisle.
So you're saying the most important part of the difference is at the bathroom choke point? That makes sense to me
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #19

The bathroom is across from the door in a 19'. That is not the case in a 21' which has a drawer stack across from the door. The bath is at the front end. Very different. That is one of the reasons we got the 21: You look in the door and see a beautiful stack of drawers. I like those drawers!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:58 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraM View Post
We are loving living in the "wild", Cathy! It's a lot more fun than I ever dreamed it would be, and so is retirement! We can get up anytime we want and go anywhere we want whenever we want! Who could ask for more (except for a little more room!)
We can hardly wait to order ours, we've already started developing our wishlist! Can't wait for January so that we can put our name on the list!
Dora
Would love to hear about your adventures!

I think Escape is going to have a few calls and e-mails when they come in in January.

Ask all the questions you want. Assume you have seen a 21'.