I C a 5.0TA in my future! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R_MA View Post
We very much like driving the Frontier/Canyon size trucks, but they don't have they hauling power of full-size pickups. When I spoke to Reace at Escape, he strongly recommended the bigger trucks for the 5.0TA.
Maybe this was intended to be about capability, rather than specifically power, but anything you can buy today has more power than typical trucks of the past. The big highway trucks routinely weigh ten times as much as a pickup with an Escape 5.0TA, and have only twice the power of a mid-size truck's V6 engine. At the other extreme, my first car weighed well over a ton and had 68 horsepower (no better than 4 tons of rig with about 300 horsepower)... and its performance was not a problem (I even used it in competition). I think it's important for each of us to understand our expectations of performance.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA In my future
Based on what I've been told if the vendor making the molds had been on schedule, they should have already had the molds prepped by now and making the demo unit.

They might have the molds by now if so then they will start prepping them to make the demo unit first.

Making the demo unit will give them a chance to make adjustments/corrections if needed before going into full production which is a good thing!

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:01 PM   #13

Thanks Kent. I hope that Escape will show us the shape of the new 5.0TA shell as soon as they have one out of the moulds, as they did with the original 5.0TA... but we'll see.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:15 PM   #14

Trailer: Eureka Equinox 6 person tent. (with a broken zipper) 5.0 TA on order July 2017 delivery
I never heard it from Escape but I had always thought that the molds would be completed in September, first prototype out of the molds in late Sep. early Oct. and pictures of a first model in October sometime. Then, some amount of time building the 2016 and 2017 models at the same time. It really doesn't matter to me as I will get a 2017 model next summer so there is plenty of time. Mostly, I am very anxious to see the body shape and size, especially the front section over the cab. Getting the molds right is more important than quick.

My comments about the smell of diesel is more about the smell when I am filling up and/or standing next to the green diesel hose. Seems like if I get a whiff of it I continue smelling it for awhile, and the smell is much worse than gas.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Mostly, I am very anxious to see the body shape and size, especially the front section over the cab. Getting the molds right is more important than quick.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
My comments about the smell of diesel is more about the smell when I am filling up and/or standing next to the green diesel hose. Seems like if I get a whiff of it I continue smelling it for awhile, and the smell is much worse than gas.
I'm not sure if this will get better, but it might. Diesel fuel is inherently different from gasoline - both are distillation cuts of petroleum but diesel is the "heavier" or longer-chain molecules - but I don't think that entirely explains the smell or tenacity of the smell once it's on you. Kerosene is almost as heavy as diesel, but the very pure kerosene used in indoor heaters doesn't smell like diesel. Perhaps as standards for diesel fuel get even tighter, it will get nicer; the sulfur is already nearly gone.